• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Are they being upgraded to 8-B or High 8 C
The 8-B calc for level 1 Alucard got downgraded to 8-C I think, which I suppose is more consistent. The only problem is whether or not Alucard regen from the explosion or tanked it. I think that was what was being argued.

Walter's 8-B wires are now barely above baseline Large Building level+, and no one scales to his wires iirc so that's fine I guess?

Same explosion feat in OP.

So the manga shows us the width of the explosion but not its length.
The anime shows us both the width of the explosion + its length, without contradicting the width shown in the manga.

If we use the manga explosion width with surface explosion we get 8-C.
If we use the anime explosion we get 8-B.

We can also find evidence from the manga that the explosion encompassed and damaged the entire surface of the ship, instead of just 29 meters out of 209 meters.
0005-077.png
0005-097.png

So not only is the anime explosion not conflicting with the manga, but the context it provides is in line with the overall context of the damage shown in the manga.

Argued why Alucard being able to regen is not relevant here #Coffin_Scaling:
My solution is to scale to the coffin which 100% either tanked the explosion undamaged, or had Alucard protect it with shadows.
0008-023.png

The coffin also happens to be a sentient monster thing.
0006-007.png
0006-008.png
0006-009.png
0006-013.png
0006-014.png

As for the anti-feats, it appears to be Alucard allowing himself to be hurt, either because he is a ********* or he enjoys showing off on his opponents with his immortality. He scales to True Vampire Seras and Alexander Anderson.
0004-068.png
0004-069.png
0004-070.png
0004-071.png
0004-072.png

Seras and Anderson have no issue tanking normal machinegun bullets.
0009-149.png
0001-163.png
0004-140.png
0004-141.png

Bump.
So is the 8-B upgrade getting applied?

The fragmentation of reinforced concrete is now lower, so the building fragmentation is now High 8-C+.

DMUA argued that the context of the calc doesn't fit because building came apart on its own like in the anime:
G5KWAs.gif

Which properly applies on some buildings.
However in the building getting calced this interpretation does not explain the horizontal cut + heavy fragmentation + building being blasted high in the air:
Walter_Building.png
iT4W6Cd.png
commented

Though, beyond what I said there, looking at the gif in relation to the panels, of course the chunk of the massive, concrete building sliding down is going to create a ton of jagged edges and snap off smaller pieces as a result, so I definitely don't consider it reliable

Last edited:
We can also find evidence from the manga that the explosion encompassed and damaged the entire surface of the ship, instead of just 29 meters out of 209 meters.
0005-077.png
0005-097.png

So not only is the anime explosion not conflicting with the manga, but the context it provides is in line with the overall context of the damage shown in the manga.
The ship being on fire isn't proof for the entirety of it exploding. Especially considering this was caused by the gas in the jet to begin with, which is bound to generate a ton of fire as a result without necessarily bathing it in a 20 PSI pressure wave. And if it was totally covered by said 20 PSI pressure wave, that like... Command center part, don't know the term but the thing in the center of the ship, would have been obliterated in the process.

Added comment.

It sounds implausible to 'slide down' with a horizontal cut.
Also there is a lot of empty space below the building in question. Where is it is descending from?

The thing is that the plane crashed right next to the tower, so...
0005-081.png

It is a really durable ship, and can withstand 20 psi without being obliterated.
Barely caved in from a giant Mach 3 battering ram too.

It is not like the surface of the plane had enough fire to cover the entire surface of the ship, and then a weak invisible pressure wave sprayed the fire all around; the fire is simultaneously created with the explosion which reached almost the entire length of the ship.

20 PSI pressure wave

It actually probably wouldn't, it'd be damaged, but not obliterated, 20psi isn't exactly much in the grand scheme of things, it's lethal to humans but humans aren't solid steel, compared to what's needed to heavily damage military grade steel, which is way above 20psi.

It actually probably wouldn't, it'd be damaged, but not obliterated, 20psi isn't exactly much in the grand scheme of things, it's lethal to humans but humans aren't solid steel, compared to what's needed to heavily damage military grade steel, which is way above 20psi.
Anything between the very edge and the center would be far higher than 20 PSI, I'm just saying that calculation method assumes that the entire measured radius is 20 PSI.

It sounds implausible to 'slide down' with a horizontal cut.
Also there is a lot of empty space below the building in question. Where is it is descending from?
These cuts are definitely not horizontal

Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I realize I'm not really sure because, as I already mentioned on the blog, we aren't really given any clear idea of how much the buildings were destroyed or why they're flying around at all. All we see is the razors cutting through the buildings, the rest is basically just us guessing circles around eachother.

Back