• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alucard omnipresence downgrade

I have seen that several users have agreed on old threads here, but it remains the same: why does Alucard continue to have its "omnipresence"?

Well, he doesn't have good feats about that, only the phrase "i'm everywhere and nowhere", but it may be simple hyperbole or something, not seem to be taken literally.

Also, we have this panel in the manga.

It can be a good teleportation maybe? But anyway, isn't omnipresence.

Last edited:
I agree, even when I read it I felt it was more like teleportation, where he can appear wherever he wants but he doesn't literally exist everywhere by default if that makes sense.

Though I might be wrong, that's just the impression I got from reading it.

Can you post something to prove that please? Not to say I don't believe you, but if it's true then the proof should be added to his profile for clarity.

I gotta agree here. Schödingers ability being literal omnipresence always seemed like taking an explanation too literal for me.

I have my own theories for how Schödinger probably is meant to work, considering that he is clearly based on Schödingers Cat, but without speculating all we really can say is that Schödinger can teleport anywhere as long as nobody is looking.

Last edited:
We seem to have enough staff input to apply this now.

Go ahead weekly, we just need to discuss scan and the thread will be done.
images

I have more proof of it not being literally Omnipresence. In Shrodinger's first appearance, he states he needed Tubalcain's blood to find he secret meeting place between Hellsing and the heads of England.

Later, he also describes his power as travelling and coming back.

When the Major describes Shrodinger's powers, he states he "jumps around" the world

The implication is that Shro can be anywhere he wants to be, but he's not literally everywhere at once.

Yeah, the links doesn't work, but by the name of these, i find what he means.

https://s41.mkklcdnv41.com/************/h1/hellsing/chapter_23_call_to_power/9.jpg

https://s41.mkklcdnv41.com/************/h1/hellsing/chapter_25_d_1/7.jpg

https://s41.mkklcdnv41.com/************/h1/hellsing/chapter_89_black_onyx_2/10.jpg

I have more proof of it not being literally Omnipresence. In Shrodinger's first appearance, he states he needed Tubalcain's blood to find he secret meeting place between Hellsing and the heads of England.
Although he only talks about Tubalcain's blood, not about he needs blood for seeking him. The other proof is good.

Shro appeared on the memories of zoran

Zoran: " how are u here"

Shro: " like they say, I am everywhere and nowhere"

Also does alucard has abstract/NEP? Given that the major explains alucard after absorbing shro does not exist, he is neither alive nor dead not even undead, "he is an imaginary number"

Although he only talks about Tubalcain's blood, not about he needs blood for seeking him. The other proof is good.

One sec, I'll get better links.

He says "Tubalcain's blood let me know." With the implication being that the blood let him know where the meeting was.

Here, he refers to his powers as going to London and coming back, with another translation saying "traveled" instead of "going" but same difference.

While explaining his powers, the Major states he "jumps" around the world

Shro appeared on the memories of zoran

Zoran: " how are u here"

Shro: " like they say, I am everywhere and nowhere"

Also does alucard has abstract/NEP? Given that the major explains alucard after absorbing shro does not exist, he is neither alive nor dead not even undead, "he is an imaginary number"

That's not proof of Omnipresence, that's just proof that he can travel to mental planes.

Alucard specifically came back into existence because he killed off the millions of souls inside himself so Shrodinger could recognize himself. Once he exists again, he's no longer an imaginary number.

There is also the major explaining what is happening to integra

Major: as long as he does not lose himself he will be everywhere and nowhere at the same time

There is also the major explaining what is happening to integra

Major: as long as he does not lose himself he will be everywhere and nowhere at the same time
Yeah, he mention that and it's in the op too, but only has teleport feats. Also the proof of he isn't omnipresent in the Aarrow reply and which i post

Also, they never say "at once" when they say he's "Everywhere and Nowhere". They just say he's everywhere and nowhere, which makes sense as his powers are based on Shrodinger's cat. He exist in Quantum Flux so while he can physically only be one place at a time, he can choose where he is at any point.

Not Weekly, will simply provide some scans.

The Major defines Warrant Officer Schrodinger as being akin to a Cheshire Cat who can exist 'anywhere where the probability of existence is equivocal', and states that he exists everywhere and nowhere.

Alucard, upon coming back, states that he exists nowhere, and CAN exist anywhere, "therefore I am here".

This seems more like contingent non-existence with the ability to exist anywhere at any time, even imaginary/fictive planes such as one's own thoughts as evidenced with First Liutenant Zorin Blitz.

Make of the information what you all will

Being able to exist anywhere is not the same as existing everywhere.

So would we describe this as Limited Omnipresence? Or just a super-amped up version of teleportation?

The latter I think. A mixture of ridiculously extreme duplication and teleportation, but it is not omnipresence.

Back