• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Knight who serves a Tree Vs an Angel that serves Mr Clea. Fight takes place in front of a chuck e cheese and Victory can be achieved through any means.

- Cyber Sleuth Alphamon

The Hand: 5 (Dragon, Zeed, Kalt, kink and SITH)

The Voice of God: 3 (Fate, Cal and PaChi)

Inconclusive: 0

AlphamonOuryuken2
Metatron Render

I'm thinking Metatron, for the moment.

Should have higher AP (which in SMT 2-A terms basically means you'll be taking Almighty spam or simply attacks that can destroy from existence and Non-Existence by default) by virtue of fodderizing Kagutsuchi and all other YHVH avatars, but worst of all, his Mid-Godly as of SMT 4 Final seems to work in a way where if he's reduced to nothing he instantly comes back as an entire horde of him the next second.

EDIT: Nevermind the AP, apparently Alphamon is relatively up there as well so the AP by itself might not be that much trouble. But the instant regen and duplication would still be a massive problem to deal with since unlike in SMT4 Final, he'll have to deal with a whole bunch of Metatrons by himself instead of having a bunch of people to help.

So does the duplication happen when he's destroyed? would he come back if alphamon sealed him instead of destroying him?

Yes. But Sealing? That might work since Lucifer specifically states in SMT4 Final that because they're usually that hard to kill, they can either seal each other instead or employ Godslayers to get rid of them.

Therefore a good enough seal should work on Metatron if Alphamon has such a thing.

Alphamon purged Death-X-mon's (Who had merged with all of reality) essence and consciousness, shutting down all of its functions before sealing it within the fabric of the Digital World.

Ok, then for now remove my vote if Alphamon would be more likely to go for sealing instead of killing first. Otherwise he might still get overwhelmed by Metatron suddenly regenerating and multiplying.

We should also mention that Alpha Inforce will allow Alphamon to easily combat the duplications. What I mean is that Alphamon will essentially and instantly reset the fight for himself and attack in an infinite points in space. Meaning Alphamon can attack reset it back to one Metatron, pre-duplication and seal him. Or just seal all the other Metatrons as well if he decides to attack that point in space. Meanwhile, he's reversing all damage to him and Metatron will never see what happened. All that anyone ever sees is the blow the defeated the opponent, hence why it always looks as if Alphamon felled his opponent in one shot.

Wait, Metatron actually lacks Acausality?

Hmmm. Someone suddenly sounds a teeny weeny bit less problematic than I originally thought.

I don't think Time Stopping would work, I mean these people from Tier 2 and above all seem independent of time or something like that in SMT.

I think Metatron not having Acausality is more of an overlook than anything else. Otherwise, I might actually give a very slight edge to Alphamon (gasp!). I mean, he's gonna lose a lot of everything's with unbearable wounds, but he might come out alive just for Lucemon to take advantage of the opportunity and kill Alphamon while he's weak ovo<

For now I'll vote Alphamon simply via abusing Causality hax and sealing since Metatron has no way to avoid Alpha Inforce as far as I'm aware. And much like hax has its limits against superior AP, vice versa also holds true: Superior AP would have its limits when faced with complex enough hax.

Doesn't matter much that your punch will kill fast if you never even get the chance to use or hit with it because you're being haxxed to oblivion.

Unless someone brings some counter for Metatron against the likes of Alpha Inforce to the table, I say Alphamon takes this.

The real cal howard said:
I think Metatron not having Acausality is more of an overlook than anything else. Otherwise, I might actually give a slight edge to Alphamon (gasp!)
Well if you look, almost no SMT character has Acausality.

FateAlbane said:
For now I'll vote Alphamon simply via abusing Causality hax and sealing since Metatron has no way to avoid Alpha Inforce as far as I'm aware. And much like hax has its limits against superior AP, vice versa also holds true: Superior AP would have its limits when faced with complex enough hax.
Doesn't matter much that your punch will kill fast if you never even get the chance to use or hit with it because you're being haxxed to oblivion.

Unless someone brings some counter for Metatron against the likes of Alpha Inforce to the table, I say Alphamon takes this.
To be fair aren't they around equal AP?

If it turns out that Metatron indeed has Acausality like I originally thought, ignore the above reply. Otherwise, my vote stays as is.

@DragonM I dunno.

@Cal Well, maybe Matt sees this thread and brings up some stuff for Metatron we may be forgetting. My point was that if he had Acausality - which I was relatively sure he had - he would nope Alphamon's best stuff by default. Otherwise... Well. Different skillsets counter different people.

Kinda like how BB fights Lavos better despite Gilgamesh being >>> her and getting stomped.

Well to be fair, Alphamon has other things than the Inforce to help here. He was able to slow down time to slow the effects of what Dexmon was doing to the Multiverse. So his time powers did work on a High 2-A abstract. Dunno if that helps. Also, there is Alphamon's Power Null that worked on Dexmon, mass paralysis, and people kinda forget Alphamon's other use for Alpha Inforce, the fact that he can remove all the damage from himself as well.

We also have to think about the fight as a whole. Would Alphamon even have a move to just "kill" Metatron? Both are around equal in AP. Metatron seems to lack Mind resistance as well, Alphamon can always control him as well. Not only that, he can summon....some monster....But, we don't know what that monster does...

>Around equal in AP.

A bit too much there, pal. The gap between anyone above Kagutsuchi and anyone else in 2-A is absolutely massive unless your name is Daemon or Lucemon.

The real cal howard said:
>Around equal in AP.
A bit too much there, pal. The gap between anyone above Kagutsuchi and anyone else in 2-A is absolutely massive unless your name is Daemon or Lucemon.
See, I never got to tell you about Re:Digitize Alphamon and Cyber Sleuth Alphamon.

I feel like this match is more of a question of outhaxxing than outpunching, for once (unless Metatron has Acausality and we're not aware, in which case, welp).

FateAlbane said:
I feel like this match is more of a question of outhaxxing than outpunching, for once (unless Metatron has Acausality and we're not aware, in which case, welp).
But...my comment above....

To satisfy Cal and his "AP vs Hax" stuff, I have some actual evidence to support CS Alphamon being comparable to CS Lucemon at the very least. Wanna hear?

The one thing I love about the recent hax worship is that it made me no longer have a problem with as many DB/Z/S things as I used to.

You have problems kid that I feel you take too seriously.

Anywho.

To decide AP, where would you all place Yggdrasil?

I...actually don't know. I assumed most, besides well...Daemon, Alphamon, and Lucemon, were relatively near baseline.

Back