• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alien X Unconventional Resistances

Hello everyone,

I basically wanted to get this thread done since this issue comes up about every single versus thread with Alien X and the current Ben 10 CRT seems to have died down for a bit.

I recently found out that an unconventional resistance is a thing and I think that Alien X would apply for it. The reason being that his pocket dimension should contain his minds and souls. Ben, Bellicus and Serena. It is stated in Alien X’s debut episode that Bellicus and Serena have been debating for years and that Ben can finally be the tie-breaker. In other words the personalities can exist without a body and whenever Ben transforms into Alien X he essentially “teleports” to pocket dimension. Not completely true since Bellicus was gonna put Ben on fire for a 1000 years and Ben can keep up with Galactic Gladiator from within the pocket dimension so at the very least he gets extra abilities from entering the pocket dimension. But all in all it’s essentially treated as teleporting into it (this is shown quite explicitly in Vilgax Attacks as well), especially since Paradox has been able to teleport into it and do so time shenanigans combined with teleporting to get him back out and detransform him.

This practically means that Alien X would get an unconventional resistance to all hax that doesn’t kill him (completely destroying his body for instance would kill him, see Vilgax Attacks) and doesn’t affect his pocket dimension. In other words, if you time stop or non-lethal transmutate him without the required range. Then he can just time reverse from within the pocket dimension (the origin of his power as seen when he recreated the universe) to undo said hax. If you try to mind- or soul hax him then you need to have at least 2-B range (since the pocket dimension isn’t inside the Prime timeline nor any other timeline) to do so, etc.

Last edited:
So uh, hate to say it, and I know you’re dreading the question, so let’s get this out of the way.

Scans?

in my opinion his his pocket dimension is kinda similar to naruto/jinjuriki/ichigo inner world

Busted... yeah don’t have that much time right now. I do however know people who do: @DemonicDude can you GIF me some scans pls?

Should cover about half of the scans. Don’t directly link to illegal streaming sites btw such as Dailymotion.

Also. While I’m here...
Theres another CRT going on at the moment, and one waiting for that to end that was made before this. There’s also a Reboot crt, but since they share the same verse page they’re counted as sharing the same verse. So there’s 2 CRTs going on atm, and one on the waiting list.
Since there is a 1 CRT per verse rule still in effect, this should be closed until the remaining 3 CRTs are finished.

I mean DC and Pokémon as well IIRC also have multiple CRT's going on and this is quite urgent since it keeps getting brought up. I think one CRT for classic Ben 10, one for Reboot Ben 10 and one for Alien X at a time seems reasonable enough otherwise you get stuff like people doing Alien X CRT's in the classic Ben 10 thread which would just make that thread a mess.

Also if you mean your Alien X Black Hole CRT to be the third one then I guess yours can get addressed first yes. Although you're kinda revising to remove something from his page that isn't on it in the first place but whatever I guess.

Last edited:
So what I got from that is:
1.⠀AX exists without Ben
^ The plot of⠀ AF_s01_e13 ⠀revolves around Bellicus & Serena not wanting to let go of Ben because they've been arguing for eternity and he is the tie breaker.

2.⠀AX's pocket dimension is a ~physical space.
^ Paradox, a being with 2B-A range can teleport inside it.

3.⠀AX's pocket dimension is inside its body [?]
^ in Vilgax_attacks AX speaks: “ Motion denied we will NOT be destroyed! ”

4.⠀AX's pocket dimension is the source of its power, not its physical body.
^ in⠀OV_s01_e07⠀when AX recreates the Universe⠀Serena & Bellicus:

5. AX is outside the timestream
^ it is why multiple Bens with the same Omnitrix at the same point in time wouldn't create problems

Last edited:
None of that is even a resistance. An unconventional resistance is being unaffected by an ability via odd means, such as being immune to mindhax due to having a computer for a mind. I do, however, agree this means Alien X needs to have its pocket dimension affected to actually be defeated.

@Electro7101 3. I’m not claiming his pocket dimension is inside his body. One could argue this based on the Vilgax Attacks cutscene but at the same time they were targeting the Omnitrix and not AX’s body so shrug. There’s also Galactic Gladiator shaking his pocket dimension with a punch but at the same time that could be an ability of Galactic Gladiator, especially when in the same fight neither of their pocket dimensions were implied to be destroyed when Alien X was a vortex and Galactic Gladiator got deconstructed by it. I’m also not sure if the PD being inside his body changes anything in regards to his unconventional resistances since the inside of the PD would still be outside of the timestream.

5. I mean both can’t access Alien X at the same, at least that’s how it’w currently treated. The outside space and time part was what I was referencing.

Last edited:
None of that is even a resistance. An unconventional resistance is being unaffected by an ability via odd means, such as being immune to mindhax due to having a computer for a mind. I do, however, agree this means Alien X needs to have its pocket dimension affected to actually be defeated.
Someone called it an unconventional resistance in another thread. I don’t really care what it’s called as long as it’s clearly listed on his page and that everyone understands what it implies. Glad you agree tho.

I don't really understand what exactly is being discussed here?

Alien X not being affected my mindhax (and potentially soul hax) unless you have 2-B range on it and him being able to time reverse other abilties such as transmutation after they happen due to his pocket dimension being unaffected. Basically to get that on his page to avoid explaining it every time in every vs thread.

I'm fine with the whole needing the range to reach the pocket dimension and such but I don't know about adding the resistance to mind manipulation given their not resisting it, their minds just aren't there.

I'll remain neutral on the resistance addition for now.

I do believe it needs specification, like other things on Alien X’s profile, but it shouldn’t be listed as a Resistance. Seems like something that would go in the Techniques section honestly, to explain their powers more.

This sounds more like type 9 immortality than resistances.
"Transcendental Immortality: Characters whose true selves exist independently from the plane where they can be killed."

The votes right now are
1 Neutral,
1 for the note,
and 1 for either.

From the B10 CRT,⠀Dargoo_faust is inactive at the moment. ⠀The staff that was helping us with main.

AX likely doesn't qualify for⠀ Type 9⠀ because he is not higher dimensional [?] ⠀Could be wrong.

That said,
→ ⠀do we need Antvasima's ok / specific staff's or grace before the CRT can sail?
I admit there hasn't been much talk but I tried a bit to explain things.

Forgot to say that i agree with immortality type 9, and yeah, you just need to be in a different place of existence then whatever body you use in combat and be unaffected by it, higher dimensionals using avatars are just a common example of it like being high 6-A via nuking a planet's surface.

Wait would he really qualify for type 9, I thought that was more for 1-A's lol? Also we're still saying his body being destroyed would result in his pocket dimension being destroyed as well since we don't really have proof for the opposite and there's Vilgax Attacks, which while secondary canon, should only be disregarded if we have actual proof that it's contradicted.

But it does seem like a footnote is accepted (thanks everyone for your input btw). Maybe a little bit of explanation after pocket reality manipulation and some clarification in his range won't hurt as well. Also the "pocket dimension having stars in them" is outdated since we see after the Annihilaargh goes off that this isn't the case, it is just the universe itself that we see.

I also still need to make my argument for where his soul(s) would be exactly.

Also the "pocket dimension having stars in them" is outdated since we see after the Annihilaargh goes off that this isn't the case, it is just the universe itself that we see.
That's false, even when the universe got completely destroyed we were still able to see bunch of stars and galaxies inside of Alien x body so no :
images

images

So for where his soul(s) would be we have a few options and it has to do with Bellicus almost putting Ben on fire (while he's inside the pocket dimension):

1) Ben's physical body is inside the pocket dimension but has a few abilities such as MFTL+ speed and immortality type 1

2) His consciousness is inside his PD, this would make sense if you look at Bellicus and Serena who don't have a physical body. This would give Alien X NPI for hitting a consciousness

2.1) His consciousness contains his soul.

2.2) Alien X's soul is outside the PD and a part of his body, this would give the Omnitrix soul manipulation for merging Ben's and Bellicus' and Serena's souls (whose souls should be inside the PD when not transformed, unless you go with 2.3, or else they wouldn't be able to live without Ben being AX)

2.3) The soul is a part of AX's DNA (this would make some sense with what happened in Vilgax Attacks but not completely since there would still be DNA left of AX if the Omnitrix were to get destroyed), weird but not impossible, his body did get destroyed on a smaller scale than DNA tho, although the definition of DNA seems to be quite large in Ben 10 since NRG also has DNA somehow. This would also give the Omnitrix soul manipulation for merging Ben’s soul with AX’s.

Last edited:
Look at the inside of his PD moments earlier, no stars
Exept look at the second image that I posted, it's alien x doing his T pose to create the universe after it got completely destroyed and yet stars and galaxies were still visible inside of his body

Last edited:
Back