• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly does Mercer get past Type 9 Immortality, and Possession (Unless it's not spiritual possession, but Pennywise strikes me as the type of character to spirtually possess, I think)?

Schnee One said:
He does have 1A madness Hax though.
How is that even any better?

And that still doesn't explain how Mercer should get past Type 9 Immortality. Can't an another Pennywise avatar be created?

EmperorDoom25 said:
If you incap him, the true form wont create another avatar
Okay...

What about his 1-A madness hax? Or does that require him to use Deadlights, which basically involves him opening his mouth or something?

So alex mind is destroyed and we're left with a creature that simply gasses and trys to spread the infection. Saying that type nine no sells mercer along with true godly. Eventually pennywise simply absorbs or reality warps the annoying mercer away.

I'm not even sure why he didn't use that type of madness hax against the kids in Derry.
Because they were amped by a tier 0

So, Pennywise looks at Mercer in the eyes...

Well, I guess Mercer is still in this match even when driven to madness (because of his base instincts to infect, like the Runners in Prototype when driven to insanity). The problem would be that Mercer would probably be too focused on infecting that he might not control what happens to Pennywise's body after that. I guess Pennywise's avatar might passively get turned into a mindless infected by the infection, I think.

So alex only needs to take out the avatar...Can pennywise bfr mercer? His madness manip isn't liable to take mercer out of the fight simpy reduce his intelligence to that of a base infected. alex cant deal with madness but what does pennywise do with mercer after that? Also by following the rules of whatever form he's in....does that mean he can be infected?

DeathNoodles said:
I'm not even sure why he didn't use that type of madness hax against the kids in Derry.
Because they were amped by a tier 0 So, Pennywise looks at Mercer in the eyes...
Well, I guess Mercer is still in this match even when driven to madness (because of his base instincts to infect, like the Runners in Prototype when driven to insanity). The problem would be that Mercer would probably be too focused on infecting that he might not control what happens to Pennywise's body after that. I guess Pennywise's avatar might passively get turned into a mindless infected by the infection, I think.

This isn't the crazy type of insanity that you're going to get, this is pure "my mortal brain can't comprehend the deadlights and so my brain shuts down" insanity. Bills wife saw IT's true form, or a glimpse of it, as humans aren't able to comprehend the full form of IT, and after she had one single thought, she went straight into a coma. Bev's husband saw IT's true form and his brain just turned into mush, like literal blood came out of his eyes and ears and he pretty much died instantly.

She went into a coma cuz IT took her mind away into the deadlights (which is why she woke up after his defeat), he tend to do that.

DarkHunter89 said:
This isn't the crazy type of insanity that you're going to get, this is pure "my mortal brain can't comprehend the deadlights and so my brain shuts dow" insanity. Bills wife saw IT's true form, or a glimpse of it, as humans aren't able to comprehend the full form of IT, and after she had one single thought, she went straight into a coma. Bev's husband saw IT's true form and his brain just turned into mush, like literal blood came out of his eyes and ears and he pretty much died instantly.
Okay...

...How would any of that work against Mercer, who literally doesn't need internal organs such as his brain, to operate (proven when he was able to function even when there is a huge hole in his head that should've rendered his brain into mush)?

And the last part about Bev's husband dying instantly sounds like it's something Mercer can physically regenerate from (blood coming out of eyes and the dying).

I mean, has Pennywise's Type 3 Madness ever affected any beings that aren't ordinary humans? And did it ever affected beings that doesn't need a traditional brain to function and has high-level regenerative abilities (especially of Mercer's caliber)?

I'm not saying Mercer would resist Type 3 Madness, but knocking him into a coma or killing him when he has Mid-High Regenerationn sounds like we need evidence for Pennywise's Type 3 Madness being successful against those such as Mercer.

Mercer isn't some ordinary human that's going to get put into a coma when severely damaging his brain didn't even incapacitate him, and I'm not sure if Bev's husband dying is due to his physical body failing on him from the Type 3 Madness or something else, especially when Pennywise's Type 3 Madness seems to have two different varied effects. It seems to me that driving Mercer into complete "insanity" is the closest we can get to the effects that looking at Pennywise's eyes would bring here... That is, unless Pennywise has shown to be able to affect the type of beings I've mentioned?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
She went into a coma cuz IT took her mind away into the deadlights (which is why she woke up after his defeat), he tend to do that.
Well, we at least have one reason why she went into a coma rather than dying like Bev's husband.

Pennywise can grab someone's metaphysical mind and take it to the deadlights.... that's all he needs to do here.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It happens when someoen looks it in the eye.
...Does this mean that it's passive? As in, when someone looks at Pennywise in the eyes, they automatically gets affected without Pennywise performing any action?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Then this is a stomp due to that passive ability. I don't see how this isn't a stomp when it isn't in-character for someone like Mercer to avoid eye contact before doing anything.

DeathNoodles said:
DarkHunter89 said:
This isn't the crazy type of insanity that you're going to get, this is pure "my mortal brain can't comprehend the deadlights and so my brain shuts dow" insanity. Bills wife saw IT's true form, or a glimpse of it, as humans aren't able to comprehend the full form of IT, and after she had one single thought, she went straight into a coma. Bev's husband saw IT's true form and his brain just turned into mush, like literal blood came out of his eyes and ears and he pretty much died instantly.
Okay...
...How would any of that work against Mercer, who literally doesn't need internal organs such as his brain, to operate (proven when he was able to function even when there is a huge hole in his head that should've rendered his brain into mush)?

And the last part about Bev's husband dying instantly sounds like it's something Mercer can physically regenerate from (blood coming out of eyes and the dying).

I mean, has Pennywise's Type 3 Madness ever affected any beings that aren't ordinary humans? And did it ever affected beings that doesn't need a traditional brain to function and has high-level regenerative abilities (especially of Mercer's caliber)?

I'm not saying Mercer would resist Type 3 Madness, but knocking him into a coma or killing him when he has Mid-High Regenerationn sounds like we need evidence for Pennywise's Type 3 Madness being successful against those such as Mercer.

Mercer isn't some ordinary human that's going to get put into a coma when severely damaging his brain didn't even incapacitate him, and I'm not sure if Bev's husband dying is due to his physical body failing on him from the Type 3 Madness or something else, especially when Pennywise's Type 3 Madness seems to have two different varied effects. It seems to me that driving Mercer into complete "insanity" is the closest we can get to the effects that looking at Pennywise's eyes would bring here... That is, unless Pennywise has shown to be able to affect the type of beings I've mentioned?
Look if Mercer has a soul it's over. IT will rip it out of him and then take it into his own universe. Show me a scan where Mercer survived his brain getting turned into complete mush. IT can also punch him through the universe without much difficulty if IT wants to.

Like I said, IT's form is able to pretty much render any human being into either a catatonic state, because as the other guy says, looking into the Deadlights takes your mind/soul away and makes you one with IT.

That is to mention that even if it wouldn't work, the only way to destroy IT's avatar is to complete the ritual of chud, which only works if you have the direct support of beings like Maturin and Gan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back