• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer minor addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Mercer's profile
Regeneration (Mid-High. Could regenerate from getting incinerated by a nuke's fireball. Is superior to the Supreme Hunter who could easily regenerate from being turned into a puddle of blood)
I don't have problem with Mid-High, but rather how it is used. According to these two threads, Alex regenerated from the nuclear explosion after "at least a few hours", which means that it is something via over time. Therefore, the regeneration in combat must be different. Take for exemple Deadpool's profile:
So, in summary, should look like this:

Btw, it was agreed that without biomass Alex regenerates more slowly, but for some reason this is not written in the profile. We can perhaps use an example with Supreme Hunter, since at first he could easily regenerate through a puddle of blood, but later he took a long time (Like, he only appears later at the end of the game)

EDIT

Proposal:
Weaknesses: Reminding him of his human life will cause him to relapse into a flashback, paralyzing him (Overcame this at the end of the first game). If he is too low on biomass he will be incapable of maintaining his Evolved form. Can be easily enraged, but has begun avoiding it. The less biomass in his body, the slower his regeneration will be. Comparable to Supreme Hunter in terms of physiology, who can regenerate his entire body from a puddle of blood in mere instants, but when he is drastically damaged and loses his biomass he has difficulty regenerating a hand. Alex only regenerated "instantly" from a massive damage after devouring biomass

Last edited:
Btw, it was agreed that without biomass Alex regenerates more slowly, but for some reason this is not written in the profile.
It should be written in the weaknesses section as it's quite an important thing to list, his regeneration is finite to a degree since he relies on consuming biomass to do such.

While it may not require much to regenerate like we see with the crow, it's still a fact that he requires it.

Weaknesses: Reminding him of his human life will cause him to relapse into a flashback, paralyzing him (Overcame this at the end of the first game). If he is too low on biomass he will be incapable of maintaining his Evolved form. Can be easily enraged, but has begun avoiding it. The less biomass in his body, the slower his regeneration will be. Comparable to Supreme Hunter in terms of physiology, who can regenerate his entire body from a puddle of blood in mere instants, but when he is drastically damaged and loses his biomass he has difficulty regenerating a hand. He only regenerated "instantly" after devouring biomass
Does something like this work?

EDIT: I actually found this thread about removing the weakness. However previously it was said that Alex must have more biomass than normal to regenerate at least a little, but what I am proposing is to say that the less biomass the slower the regeneration will be, not that he will stop healing forever. One of the supporters of this thread that I posted also mentioned later that without biomass Alex's body regenerates more slowly, so I don't think it is a problem to add the weakness

Last edited:
Does something like this work?

EDIT: I actually found this thread about removing the weakness. However previously it was said that Alex must have more biomass than normal to regenerate at least a little, but what I am proposing is to say that the less biomass the slower the regeneration will be, not that he will stop healing forever. One of the supporters of this thread that I posted also mentioned later that without biomass Alex's body regenerates more slowly, so I don't think it is a problem to add the weakness
The weakness text looks fine.

what I am proposing is to say that the less biomass the slower the regeneration will be, not that he will stop healing forever. One of the supporters of this thread that I posted also mentioned later that without biomass Alex's body regenerates more slowly, so I don't think it is a problem to add the weakness
Well, yes, you'd be correct. Alex's regeneration is more or less accelerated by the consumption of biomass, and it isn't as fast as it normally is when he's damaged enough.

The weakness shouldn't have been removed in the first place.

Okay, 4 staff members agreed and it's been over 1 day and no one has shown up to disagree. I'll add the revision

EDIT: Done

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back