• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mercer's Regenerationn and Stamina

So i have some questions about Alex Mercer and his Regenerationn and stamina.

1. His Regenerationn. Why is it "mid high"? It is made painfully clear that he was never fully evaporated part of him was still ok, and by that i mean the puddle of virus that infected the crow. Now there are several problems here.

• First he needed the crow to fully reform his body. Inb4 someone argues that he does not, well...then why did he wait to absorb the crow before reforming his full body? My answer either he could not do that (which is my most likely assumption, which i will explain why below), or it would take too long, so long in fact it could make his regen from a puddle not combat applicable at all. So not only was he not fully evaporated, but he also needed material to reconstruct his body.
  • Second his regen can be tired out. Proved by his fight against James Heller, he can virtually instantly reform stuff like his arms when they are cut off, but i mean there is a limit to everything. Before someone says that that fight was PIS, well, depends. Alex could have launched his tentacles on the city, but he didn't do that. You can view that as PIS that he didn't go for it to gain more material for his regen, or you can view that as James Heller was heavily overpowering him, it is very unlikely that Heller would allow him to absorb anyone. That is the only part i can view as PIS personally. Saying that "Alex did not regen due to PIS" is a bit of a hard deal to bargain, considering Alex did heal/regen his injuries several times during that fight, but he was sustaining a lot of damage.
    • There is also cases like 11:52, where Alex is having trouble with his wounds from the continuous gunshot (while he still eventually heals, that is eventually and the damage wasn't even that grave), and although this is a newly infected Mercer, it still points to a "limit" in the regen, his regen may get higher later on (he can take the same amount of damage and not budge, but that's not to say he can heal infinitely against any level of damage), but saying it loses all limits it has previously shown and now heals infinitely without the need to consume is a bit you know...far fetched.
And 2. His stamina it should not be "limitless" if his regen can get tired. But it should be extremely high either way.

Sir sun man said:
this type of thread was done not even 3 month ago dude

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3102667
And this

@Firephoenixearl

You said that both of these two threads are flawed, and yet you didn't explained why they are even flawed. None of what you brought up are anything new, and has been discussed before.

Edit: I'm going to bring up my points about the OP's points once I fully recover from waking up and other stuff.

Ok ty, I will wait for your points. Also again this is just questions, it feels like the other threads were kind of rushed and one if them made assumptions etc.

Okay, sorry for taking a couple of hours, but I am busy with University (and I still am at my University, I'm typing this in my break right now), so... Yeah. Anyways:

1. It was elaborated in this thread. Basically, the main reasons why Mercer's Regenerationn is listed as "Mid-High" is because we literally see a last second scene of Mercer getting incinerated from the inside and out by the nuclear explosion, and thus Occam's razor says that he got vapourised by the nuclear fireball. Given that we have evidences that nuclear explosions has incinerated people to ashes or even vapourised them in real life, Mercer surviving by regenerating from such is an explanation that requires the least amount of speculation, especially when we literally see yellow fiery light emitting out of the orifices of Mercer's body (and other parts of his body) when the nuclear fireball reached him (which proves that the nuclear fireball was actually incinerating him to extreme levels).

Also, keep in mind that there is a timeframe between the nuclear explosion detonating, and that time when Mercer's biomass was on the shore. Given that we see an instance of Mercer getting incinerated, we have determined that it is most likely that he was recovering from that purely by Regenerationn, and that the biomass we've seen from him is what he has actually managed to regenerated so far (rather than "what is left over"). The only problem is that we don't know the exact timeframe between those scenes, so we assumed that is a few hours based on the nuclear detonation scene happening at night, and the recovery happening at night (probably indistinguishable from the time of the nuclear detonation). Now, for your points.

• There is no explicit evidence that says that Mercer would "never be able to recover" without the crow. If anything, there are evidences that says that he would've been able to recover without the crow, but how much longer is unquantifiable. Such as this scene, where he was able to reform that huge hole in his head without needing to consume anything. Or Mercer scaling to the Supreme Hunter reforming a hand from a puddle within just a couple of seconds without needing to consume anything at all (thus, it is most likely that the Supreme Hunter reformed the rest of their body at a similar timeframe to when they reformed their hand). Keep in mind that the Supreme Hunter is a being designed from Alex Mercer's own DNA, and has noticeably inherited abilities from Alex Mercer to prove such (such as when the second fight with the Supreme Hunter shows him performing a Devastator, and we know that Mercer is the only other character who can perform Devastators in Prototype 1). If the Supreme Hunter can do it, then so can Mercer as he is the one that the Supreme Hunter inherited their abilities from. And even then, Mercer has to regenerate from far worse circumstances than the Supreme Hunter ever did, such as the sheer damage the nuclear fireball did to him.
In fact, even the Health Regenerationn upgrades supports the characters having Regenerationn without needing to consume for biomass, such as the mechanics in Prototype 2:

Regenerationn

==
Enhances Heller's ability to get health back without the need to eat people.

Level 1: Health bar regenerates up to 50% outside combat. Better than it sounds, since this Regenerationn is nearly instant. This saves a lot of wasted time wandering around eating people, and might also help ease your conscience.

Level 2: +30% health from consuming things. This is GREAT. The best way to survive in a lot of fights is to consume people.

Level 3: Health bar regenerates up to 100% outside combat.

Level 4: Health bar slowly regenerates even in combat. The Regenerationn
is painfully slow and will rarely make a difference.

However, the inside and outside combat mechanic is likely assumed to be the limitation of Game Mechanics (especially when Prototype is one of the rare series where game mechanics makes them seem weaker than they are portrayed to be lore-wise, when compared to other series where game mechanics makes characters seem stronger than they are portrayed to be lore-wise), but I digress. Also, do note that Gameplay mechanics are allowed to be used for video game characters in this site, just as long as it doesn't contradict the characters' established capabilities.

Source.

If anything, the evidences we find suggests that the Regenerationn of Blacklight characters doesn't depend on biomass (so they can still regenerate without biomass). At best, evidence suggests that biomass only boosts the speed of the Regenerationn and nothing more. And even then, the Blacklight characters' ability to regenerate without biomass should be pretty quick if the best damage inflicted only reduces them to a puddle (rather than vapourisarion), as the Supreme Hunter was able to reform from a puddle within several seconds.

Based on what consistent evidences we have gathered, biomass would only make the process faster, and not actually be the source of the Regenerationn like you're thinking of.

• The reason why that fight is considered as PIS is not the fact that Heller defeated Mercer, but it's the fact that Mercer's Regenerationn should've been able to reform from the loss of said limbs. In fact, he did so several times, and yet he all of the sudde didn't in that one last moment. Given that we see Heller being able to gain enough of armless Mercer's biomass to be able to unleash tendrils that surrounded an entire city, Mercer should've been able to reform an another set of arms.
    • Think about it. Even if we somehow assume that Blacklight characters can only regenerate with biomass (which it isn't), Mercer should've had more than enough biomass to reform an another set of limbs. If a crow is all it took to give him the boost needed to recover in Prototype 1 in such little state of biomass that Mercer is in, then a city-wide biomass should've been much more than it is ever needed to reform some mere limbs. The only likely explanation is that Mercer not reforming those arms are nothing but PIS that shouldn't apply to his true capabilities, especially when we saw him reform such several times, and I wouldn't even be surprised if the reason Heller won is because he's "the protagonist" compared to Mercer being "the antagonist". Given that Heller was able to resist Mercer's Biological Manipulation as a result of "Resilient DNA" (and not having any further explanation about that), this is likely just an another of the many plot holes of the flawed game that is Prototype 2 in regards to Mercer's Regenerationn.
  • You do know that at that point in time, Mercer still thought he was human, right?
    • He thought that he was a human early on, and and that he should be restricted to the same limitations as humans are. Yet, we see instances of Mercer being incredibly surprised when he performed superhuman feats. In fact, the "wounds" that early-game Mercer had on him didn't even inhibit him in any way despite his reactions to it (which links to how he thought he is a human and being restricted like one). And yet, when that Blackwatch soldier shot him in the head, he just got back up and body-dropped that soldier as if the damage he sustained are nonexistent. Given that Mercer is a shapeshifter that has control over his entire body at the genetic level, it is likely that Mercer has control over the speed of his Regenerationn as well (it would definitely explain why he didn't reform that huge hole in his head when disguised as that soldier, and yet he reformed that hole when he stood back up in the span of around a second or two. Given that he has control over his density as well, it could also explain how a bullet from Randall even harmed him in his disguise, as he probably lowered his durability into an ordinary human's in order to blend in).
Nobody is saying that Mercer's Regenerationn is limitless, just that he can regenerate without needing biomass (with biomass speeding up the process, but nothing more), and that we don't know the limits to it (thus, it is unknown to us, so we can't truly assume what the limits of it is).

The "limit" you're talking about involves PIS (that final scene with Heller vs Mercer), when all the consistent evidence we have gathered says that isn't the limit you're saying it is. Even the nuke scene doesn't prove that the Regenerationn of Blacklight characters are entirely limited by biomass, just that "it is not at all dependent on biomass, but biomass can increase the regenerative speed".

2. Regenerationn and Stamina are not treated in the same category. They are treated differently, especially as far as fiction goes. There are fictional characters whose Regenerationn doesn't have any known limit, yet we see such characters showing signs of physical fatigue. There are even some fictional characters whose stamina doesn't have any known limit, yet their Regenerationn has shown to have limits in some way. In fact, the reasons why Mercer's stamina is limitless is because:

1) He has never shown to physically tire out in Prototype 1, despite all the physical activities he's been through.

2) His abnormal physiology as a sapient virus (not a human) says that he doesn't operate in the same way as humans do. Especially considering that he is a shapeshifter with control over his entire body at the genetic level.

3) He can function without needing his internal organs intact (such as when he was able to move around when the huge hole in his head should've rendered his brain into mush). If he can operate without needing internal organs, he should not be able to conventionally tire out at all. Period.

There might be more to it, but that's the answers I have to your points at the top of my head.

Off the top of my head, just wanted to maybe put in the stamina that "his regen can be tired out", i can agree on the infinite stamina part, as i don't recall a single scene where Mercer or Heller so much as *pant* from fatigue. Anyway onto the actual points:

1. Ok so:

• We never see Alex's body completely vaporizing the best we can do is assume it was, we just see the explosion reaching the helicopter and setting it on fire.
  • Saying "cus it can vaporize normal humans" is not a good argument. Considering how Alex can block RPG shots without a scratch let's not compare actual humans to a peak performance virus who took all of humanity's best effort and they still could not put it down. Im not using this as an argument, just saying that comparisons to humans are not your best bet.
  • Occams Razor would say that "he was not vaporized", because there is a TON to assume. So first we have to assume he was fully vaporize, then that the puddle was due to him regenerating from practically nothing, then assume there is a time gap there, then assume the waves took him to the shore (which is not what happened i'll explain below), and to top it off assume that he can even regen from that much in the first place. Whereas saying that the puddle there was just what was left from the explosion and he absorbed the crow to regenerate requires much less assumptions, especially given that you're trying to make the pozitive argument.
  • He was not taken to the shore by the waves. He was tens of meters above it, on the metal platform, the sea would have never been able to take him there, it was far too high.
  • The vaporization here is also unsupported by the fact that, here we see literal lines of virus (not a blob as you would expect from Regenerationn), and several seemingly mechanical parts which would logically be of the helicopter. So to conjoin this with the above point, it is just common sense to assume he wasn't vaporized but rather the shockwave just sent him flying to the platform on the side of the city. The shockwave did visibly push the helicopter when it hit, so sending the remainings to the shore only makes sense rather than complete vaporization then the shore took him to the shore then he somehow climbed to the platform as literal lines of virus seemingly unable to move and all those other assumptions.
On to the other points:

• There is also no explicit evidence to say he would be able to regenerate without the crow. But at best without the crow it would make regenerating on that level non combat applicable for him.
  • Regenerating a hole with a size somewhat bigger than the eyesocket is not comparable to regenerating from being vaporized. He can regenerate many things without consuming people, but that's limited to small stuff, as in limited to showings.
  • The Supreme Hunter could regen his hand from a puddle of blood almost instantly, fair enough, he can, he cannot do that too many times. He could not regen the same arm after Alex cut it off in their fight, again implying a limit to their regen.
The same game mechanics require you to consume to regen otherwise.

Also i never meant for it to be "regen without consuming is 100% not possible", but more so that it can be "tired out", as i stated in the OP, so if you cut off his arm, he'll regen it in a second, if you cut them off several times he will stop doing so, with the regen weakening so much it is arguable if it even is combat applicable after that point. Now on to his fight with Heller:

• Alex was regening instantly before, cus his regen was not tired out. In the last moments after having regenerated several times from rather severe injuries, it reached a limit, the regen was starting to tire out, and so it was having trouble regenerating the same wounds. The same thing that happened with Alex vs Supreme Hunter. Mid fight, they regen no problem, then end of the fight after tons of regening, it reaches a limit. This limit can be seemingly "reset" either by waiting long enough (which is probably even around a day or more) or consuming. About the tentacle mass and stuff, that really depends, that's just an ability they have, absorbing someone of Alex's caliber just amplified it
    • Not saying they need biomass, im saying they seemingly need to constantly absorb things, and he was regening mere limbs and injuries easily, when he kept doing that over and over and over and over and over and over and over, it started to get weak. He even seemingly tried to regen but couldn't after heller took off his arms. A good example here would be Dante (Devil May Cry), his regen goes from regenerating his hand faster than the sword can cut him to a sword leaving lasting injuries on the palm of his hand even if it's not as deep. A similar case seems to apply here with Mercer having a much stronger regen however.
  • That doesn't affect the regen though. He would be surprised scared, but the fact that he had to lie down to recover from the bullets was real. He was not complete, sure, but it still implies that it's a thing that's needed.
    • Both sides are viable here, so i will just let you have your own opinion on this.
He needs to consume to keep regenerating and it not being limitless is exactly what im saying here. It is being treated as limitless and that's wrong, not knowing limits doesn't mean we do not consider them. A series of lethal injuries will put down Alex leaving him in a state where it's arguable that he would be able to recover in a considerable amount of time (a day or so), and that is my point here. He would eventually regenerate, "eventually though".

The limit however is not PIS, there are several cases and game mechanics proving that they either need to rest a lot to recover again, or consume, otherwise their regen drops significantly almost to 0.

...First things first the crow flew to that area, he washed ashore amonst a pile of trash...Those aren't helicopter parts they are blantantly trash bags, a few cans and a life vest so your point their is just factually incorrect. He washed ashore amidst some trash, a bird came, he attached part of himself to it and regened.

We see alex consumed in the blast, we see light emerging from him, we see the begining of incineration. there is nothing left of the helicopter, its gone so.... To assume some chuncks of him survived when he was burning from the inside before the fireball had fully caught up would require far more in the way of assumptions.

His regen is connected to his shapshifting, he can shift his mass around, he thought he was human, didn't understand his power, didn't think to shift his mass into place. He was lying down because he should have been dead, the bullets should have killed him, he thought he was human, thus he collapsed. He then gets back up with no issue and crushes a highly trained soldier...so again your point is very arguable....

Rest alot? Days? Where are you getting these numbers ideas from? in game you can go from near zero health to full in seconds if you escape combat. The game itself never states their regen requries them to absorb biomass. The only story related quest that involve consumption are for information so...I don't know what story elements give you that idea

After the nuke he was regening on the shore, as Ive pointed out above he washed ashore, he did not get blown their. The crow carried him onto the cat walk, from a pile of trash. Heck you can even make out the blurry catwalk above them before the crow carries it off.

So his regening doesn't look right to you? Thats part of your argument? Blacklight loves tendrils/tentacles, every time it consumes or regens we see tendrils moving together why would regening from vaporization/ashes be different?

It takes biomass to cover a city, alex had enough for heller to do so. Or are you implying that heller somehow created biomass to cover the city from thin air? He took it from mercer, who consumed eight evolved. Alex should have contiued to heal if he had that much mass but he didn't...

So your argument against he supreme hunters regen feat is the fact alex killed it by cutting off its head? Even though he only cut it off once and logically that shouldn't have killed. Pretty sure that falls into pis/inconsictency...

Mid high regen is definitly combat applicable, the supreme hunter regen from a puddle of liquid in seconds. Alex mercer went from ash/vapor, to a chunk of flesh within an eight hour time frame, this leaves him fourteen hours to regenerate, which considering his feats he should easily accomplish.

Now all of that is assuming an eight hour timeframe which is a big low ball, as alex dropped the nuke into water when their was no signs of light and the moon was fully visible, indicating he did so well into night. He then recovered with no visible change in light levels/signs of the coming morning. A more fair estimate would be five to six hours considering the lack of change, but it doesn't matter because even with an overly large high ball alex regen would restore him before 14 hours could pass.

Gotta remeber twenty four hours is combat applicable.

Ill be back on tommorow to contiue this if need be

He was not ashore, there is nothing to say he was, he was in the metal platform all along. And helicopters do have life savers on them.

"We see Alex being consumed" "We see the incineration start to happen". I mean if i burn my finger you're gonna assume i was completely evaporated? You're just taking the highest assumption here. If he starts to burn doesn't mean he'll continue to burn, there exists a thing called "shockwave" which pushes thing way faster than they can be burned, which is why usually a bomb will destroy a place and not set it on fire.

My point being arguable is the point. As the lowest assumption im always right until proven wrong.

Assumptions assumptions. Unless you show me the moment alex is completely evaporated and not even a single thread of virus is left, then you taking it from "Low High" to "Mid high" via assumptions is not happening. You need proof for the highest interpretation not assumptions. "Could regen an arm in seconds". Yeah but the same people could not regen said arm after a long fight (alex and SH respectively). So back to my point, "the regen is fast normally, but will get slower and slower and needs time to recover or consumption.

Rest, cus it it takes him a full rest. Don't argue with game mechanics, otherwise im gonna start arguing 30 bullets to the head will get past Alex's regen and kill him cus "that's what happens".

There is seemingly a big difference between "regen" and "tentacle". Even when alex absorbed the 8 evolved his mass didn't exactly change, similarly the Supreme Hunter had enough mass to regen from his hand being cut off. So at this point we're just gonna count all cases where his regen is shown to be limited PIS?

Damn it, what I have typed got deleted. :L

Oh well, I'm going to try to summarise what got removed.

1. So:

• We don't need visuals to justify everything. In fact, we even have a stated proof of the blast radius of the nuke in the Prototype 1 credits, and it was 10-15 miles. A helicopter clearly can't outpace that type of radius in the span of a dozen second, and we clearly see the nuclear fireball reached him. He definitely got completely covered by it.
  • Well, you see, that nuke scene is actually a outlier in regards to Mercer's durability. You see, when Mercer was in the helicopter, it was estimated that the distance he would reach with the average helicopter in that timeframe was 1 miles. As the nuke was stated to be able to wipe an entire city off the map, it is at least baseline 7-B. A 7-B nuke at a distance of 1 mile would actually have an AP of 8-C. We have that durability feat that Mercer did early on in the game, which is withstanding the entire explosion of an entire nuclear base without taking damage, which is an 8-A feat. By durability alone, Mercer should've been unscathed by the nuke at that distance, but he clearly got incinerated anyways, so his established durability feats doesn't matter in that scene. As Mercer's established durability feats aren't applicable in that scene, all we can compare it to are ordinary humans in regards to what a nuclear explosion would do to them. The result is that ordinary humans would've been incinerated into ashes, or more likely even vapourised, at greater distances than Mercer was at. Since we clearly see that last second showcase of Mercer getting incinerated from the inside and out, vapourisation is shown to likely be what has occured to him. And while that scene is an outlier to Mercer's overall durability, it should still apply to his Regenerationn as Regenerationn doesn't rely on AP or durability at high levels.
  • Occam's Razor says that the point I made above doesn't require much assumptions as Mercer's established durability feats clearly didn't apply in that nuke scene, so we are left with only Regenerationn for Mercer. And the result is that Mercer should've gotten vapourised by the nuke, which we can see from when Mercer is getting incinerated once the blast reached him. And I'm not even sure why you basically implied that "assuming there is a time gap there". There is a time gap there. We can clearly see the nuclear detonation scene being cut and it skipped to Mercer's biomass after that.
  • I doubt that what Mercer is in is even the same helicopter he's in. I doubt something as heavy as a helicopter would get thrown at a distance greater than 15 miles. An average helicopter wouldn't reach even half that distance in the span of a dozen second.
  • A helicopter... Which is at a distance farther from the edge of the city than it was at the nuclear detonation (which is 10-15 miles)... And that distance was much farther than the blast radius of the nuke (Prototype wiki apparently stated that the distance managed to get the nuke into the ocean was 200 miles away from the city)... Unless you're saying that something as heavy as a helicopter gets flung hundreds of miles away by a blast that's only 15 miles, I doubt that the helicopter got thrown into the edge of the city like you think it is. You said that what we had has required too many assumptions, and yet yours doesn't seem to require any less assumptions than what we have, by assuming that something as heavy as a helicopter would get flung hundreds of miles away from a nuke that reaches 15 miles.
As for your other points:

• There is. The Supreme Hunter's Regenerationn feat, Mercer regenerating a huge hole in his head without needing to consume anything, and the Health Regenerationn upgrades that Prototype 1 and 2 has.
  • You're missing the point of what I was saying, It's not about that feat being comparable to being vaporised, it's about it proving that Blacklight characters like Mercer doesn't depend on biomass to regenerate or need to consume to regenerate. And I doubt regenerating from a puddle without needing to consume (which the Supreme Hunter did) counts as "small stuff".
  • We didn't even get enough time to see if the Supreme Hunter is going to regenerate that arm when literally what happens after is that he gets decapitated by Mercer. And considering the Supreme Hunter's feat of regenerating from a puddle without consuming anything (especially due to the constant damage he has sustained from Mercer, that Mercer was able to reduce him into a puddle as a result), if we assume that the Supreme Hunter has died by Decapitation, then it is a PIS scenario in regards to how the Supreme Hunter died. If we assume that he has died from something other than Decapitation, then we wouldn't even know as the Supreme Hunter was never referred to ever again (which heavily implies that he has died somehow), and the true cause of his death would be left ambiguous.
That same game mechanics also allows you to regenerate without needing to consume as well, but okay then.

Several feats of being able to regenerate without depending on biomass (and that biomass is used to increase the speed of the Regenerationn rather completely sustaining it) or without needing to consume contradicts this, but okay then:

• Even if we assume that their Regenerationn is dependent on their biomass or needing to consume (which it isn't), the Supreme Hunter's feat of reforming from a puddle without relying on biomass or without needing to consume (he literally focuses on trying to fight Mercer in the first fight, and didn't try to consume anything, last I've checked) within seconds kind of already conflicts with your point of "Regenerationn is good at the start, but gets weaker without biomass or needing to consume". Even Mercer reforming that huge hole in his head conflicts with that, especially since he didn't consume, as he regenerated it within a second or two when he decided to. And that's not even getting to the city-wide tendrils worth of biomass Mercer has. Also, the city-wide tendrils worth of biomass being "just an ability they have, but absorbing someone strong just amplified it" isn't a good justification when these characters have abilities that are heavily associated with manipulating their own biomass.
    • "Depending on biomass to regenerate" and "needing to consume/absorb to regenerate" is used interchangeably in the context of Prototype. In fact, it might as well be interchangeable in the Prototype context. And none of that proves why Mercer didn't regenerate in that last moment, when consuming the armless Mercer allowed Heller to perform that city-wide tendrils worth of biomass. He didn't do it before consuming Mercer (In fact, I'm pretty sure he isn't able to), and only did so after consuming Mercer. That proves that consuming Mercer was the key to grant Heller such an attack, which means Mercer should be able to possess that amount of biomass (Mercer has spent a lot of time consuming many living beings after Prototype 1 after all). This means that Mercer should've have more than enough biomass to reform mere limbs even if we assume that their Regenerationn is limited by their biomass and need to consume (which, as I've said again, it shouldn't), yet his arms got ripped off less than 10 times, and he all of the sudden didn't regenerate in that last moment, so the way Mercer lost that fight is considered as PIS as a result. I don't know why you compared Dante to Mercer here when they're not even from the same franchise.
  • It kind of does affect the Regenerationn when we have characters like these whose regenerative abilities are heavily associated with their shapeshifting. In fact, when Mercer was disguised and was shot in the head, he didn't even bother regenerating that huge hole in his head until he stood back up (and reformed that hole in only a second or two). And considering that Mercer didn't even discover that he could shapeshift that early on in the game, it is likely that he didn't know that he could easily reform the said wounds either (and he still clearly didn't get physically inhibited by the said wounds in any way, and he did real fine body-slamming that Blackwatch soldier as if the injuries he has sustained doesn't exist).
    • Okay.
We are not treating their Regenerationn as "limitless and able to regenerate from any level of damage", it's more like we treat their Regenerationn as "the only guaranteed way that they would not be able to regenerate from a damage is if the damage inflicted on them is greater than the extent of damage they have ever shown to recover from". An example for characters with Regenerationn would be: A character with Low-Mid regen would get killed by having their brains damaged, a character with Mid regen would get killed by being blown up into pieces, a character with High-Mid regen would get killed by being reduced into a puddle or having all their cells destroyed, a character with Low-High Regenerationn would get killed by being incinerated into ashes or getting vapourised, etc. If anything, that's how most fictional characters with high-level Regenerationn gets treated in this site, and that is that the only guaranteed way to bypass these specific levels of Regenerationn is to inflict damage greater than that level of Regenerationn, or using hax abilities that circumvents such levels of Regenerationn.

Uh, the "limit" that you're suggesting is kind of PIS. There are cases where of Mercer reforming that hole in his head without consuming, The Supreme Hunter reforming from a puddle without consuming anything or depending on biomass, and the Health Regenerationn upgrade from Prototype 1 and 2 where the gameplay mechanics even supported such (such as the examples I've provided on the Health Regenerationn ugrades level for James Heller).

There are trash bags, cans, chunks of wood, and a life vest Nowhere do I see a metal platform. Are you trying to insinuate the life vest somehow survived the flames? Helicopters don't have bags of trash, and wood just lying around either, there's nothing left of the helicopter, show me this chunk of metal he's floating on. We never get a direct downward view so Ill concede he may have been floating amidst a pile of trash, though the lack of movement from waves makes me doubt it but regardless, I don't see how that changes anything but...

No but if I see you start to burn from the inside out while half of you is consumed by flame before the fireball even reaches you Im gonna assume your turned to ash/vapor, because assuming anything else would be a massive assumption and heinous.

Im trying not to use game mechanics, you mentioned them in your first post as evidence of his regen requireing rest so im not sure what your point is there. You explicitly said and I Quote "there are several cases and game mechanics" to support the limit not being pis, since you denied game mechanics Ill write that part of your response off.

The two instances you have have of this supposed limit, involve cutting the head off a creature once, the same creature that recovered from a puddle... The other is Alex having his arms cut off and getting consumed, even though he had a massive amount of biomass left? Not the strongest supporting evidence. Should I mention the fact the supreme hunter was confident in surviving the nuke after consuming alex? Even though he was on the ship with the nuke?

My point was his regen almost always show tentacles moving within his body, so the argument his regen looks "wrong" Ignores the movement artistic style of his biomass in game. Wait are you trying to imply alex didn't gain any mass from the evolved? You are aware Alex and Hellers weight/mass aren't dictated by their size right?

And yes we are going to count the amazingly overwhelming two, TWO WHOLE times regen inverse was overwhelmed as pis, considering in both scenarios it contradicts other showings/information. The same way we waive other plot inconsistencies. Its kinda what we do...

Firephoenixearl said:
He was not ashore, there is nothing to say he was, he was in the metal platform all along. And helicopters do have life savers on them.

"We see Alex being consumed" "We see the incineration start to happen". I mean if i burn my finger you're gonna assume i was completely evaporated? You're just taking the highest assumption here. If he starts to burn doesn't mean he'll continue to burn, there exists a thing called "shockwave" which pushes thing way faster than they can be burned, which is why usually a bomb will destroy a place and not set it on fire.

My point being arguable is the point. As the lowest assumption im always right until proven wrong.

Assumptions assumptions. Unless you show me the moment alex is completely evaporated and not even a single thread of virus is left, then you taking it from "Low High" to "Mid high" via assumptions is not happening. You need proof for the highest interpretation not assumptions. "Could regen an arm in seconds". Yeah but the same people could not regen said arm after a long fight (alex and SH respectively). So back to my point, "the regen is fast normally, but will get slower and slower and needs time to recover or consumption.

Rest, cus it it takes him a full rest. Don't argue with game mechanics, otherwise im gonna start arguing 30 bullets to the head will get past Alex's regen and kill him cus "that's what happens".

There is seemingly a big difference between "regen" and "tentacle". Even when alex absorbed the 8 evolved his mass didn't exactly change, similarly the Supreme Hunter had enough mass to regen from his hand being cut off. So at this point we're just gonna count all cases where his regen is shown to be limited PIS?
Mercer's biomass being present on that metal platform relies on something as heavy as the Helicopter that Mercer was in, which was hundreds of miles away from the city, in being flung into the edge of the city. What you're suggesting requires a lot of assumptions as well.

Well, if this MOAB bomb blows up near me, does this mean that my corpse flies all the way to the next country due to the shockwave of that bomb as well? What you're saying also requires a heavy amount of assumption. At least with the nuke scene, we literally saw that instance of Mercer getting incinerated from the inside and out (which we can go from).

Also, I don't think what you're suggesting requires the lowest amount of assumptions, but whatever.

You assuming that Blacklight characters' Regenerationn "gets weaker the more they sustain damage" requires assumptions as well, especially since we have feats that also contradicts such, and the interpretation that these characters' Regenerationn doesn't rely on biomass or needing to consume is now accepted here.

Yeah, one problem with that: Mercer's durability feat says that he is more than durable enough to be bulletproof. And the examples I've provided for the feats contradicts that gameplay mechanics. Aspects of gameplay mechanics are allowed when they don't contradict the established capabilties of the video game characters, but the example you brought up actually do such.

We have a series with viruses that violates the laws of biology and physics, and you state that their size or mass doesn't seem to change? Conventional physics and biology is difficult to apply to characters like these.

theres no metal platform death, looking at the scene there are trash bags, chunks of wood, cans...Possibly some paper? Other then that I fail to see anything that suggest theres any platform/part of the helicopter left...

The pen or the sword said:
theres no metal platform death, looking at the scene there are trash bags, chunks of wood, cans...Possibly some paper? Other then that I fail to see anything that suggest theres any platform/part of the helicopter left...
If that's the case, then I doubt there was even a metal platform in the first place. I'm pretty sure that even the metals in the helicopter would've melted by the nuclear explosion. Like, nuclear explosions are very hot. Even glancing at a nuclear explosion from miles away (but can still clearly see the explosion) would flashburn the clothes into your skin from the sheer heat (and radiant energy) emitted, from what I can recall.

Edit: Also, I'm going to bed. I will get back to this tomorrow if it continues.

Not gonna waste my time answering these. These are the only points that are ever brought up and the entire knowledgeable fan base debunks them every time.

"They all seemed to end on rather flawed results. Also this is q&a board not crt."

Sounds like a personal problem, not an actual problem.

Sorry to have bothered callsign, I think we've handled it well enough. I just wanted to answer these questions before we got dragged into another crt even though we already handled this same issue rather recently. Considering your history with prototype I contacted you.

Back