• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alakazam should get Transmutation

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Given that Sabrina is capable of using her psychic powers to do so. Alakazam is stated in the Pokédex to be able to use all Psychic abilities. Just Alakazam though. Maybe Mew and Mewtwo (who already have it) could scale, but only Alakazam has the statements to back it up.

Saying all Psychic Pokemon should have transmutation just cause Sabrina can do it and she's a human isn't really good enough imo. I'm neutral on Alakazam and potentially other strong psychic types getting it.

GyroNutz said:
Saying all Psychic Pokemon should have transmutation just cause Sabrina can do it and she's a human isn't really good enough imo. I'm neutral on Alakazam and potentially other strong psychic types getting it.
This^

I don't think they should since just being having a stronger psychic power doesn't mean you an do the same things

As thing like skill and specialization exist

In hindsight, you're right on that. Still saying ol' moustache man should get it on virtue of being able to use all Psychic abilities.

The real cal howard said:
In hindsight, you're right on that. Still saying ol' moustache man should get it on virtue of being able to use all Psychic abilities.
Proof that he can use all phychic abilities ?

Its highly developed brain is on par with a supercomputer. It can use all forms of psychic abilities.
~ Pokemon Pearl Pokédex Entry​

The real cal howard said:
Its highly developed brain is on par with a supercomputer. It can use all forms of psychic abilities.
~ Pokemon Pearl Pokédex Entry​
1. Crosscaling abilities from the anime to the game

2. Are you sure Sabrina's trasmutation is via a phychic ability ?

The statement is from the games, so it should only apply to stuff from the games, as trasmutation via psychic powers isn't a thing in the games

I don't think that's how it works. It looks like people are making up arbitrary new rules just to deny a upgrade at this point honestly. Especially considering they contradict the rules we already have on the verse.

Overlord775 said:
2. Are you sure Sabrina's trasmutation is via a phychic ability ?
According to bulbapedia (which is largely reliable), yes, though someone may wanna double check that

Yobobojojo said:
I don't think that's how it works. It looks like people are making up arbitrary new rules just to deny a upgrade at this point honestly. Especially considering they contradict the rules we already have on the verse.
It's just waird to use statements from ne universe to justify getting abiltties from

another

All forms of psychic abilities =/= all the forms of psychic abilities

The former means a lot

The latter means all of them

I'm just gonna guess that the quote was misquoted as that would otherwise be kinda awkward.

That's just grammar, nitpicking would be if I were to say, "well it didn't say all human psychic abilities".

And I'm guessing that means it wasn't misquoted, correct?

No, I'd say that's pretty overly nit picky with the wording. Not even Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings are that picky.

No offense.

SomebodyData said:
All forms of psychic abilities =/= all the forms of psychic abilities
I am pretty sure they have the same meaning. The only difference is the word: "the"

Okay I guess, well, time to upgrade a few characters if this is the case (Cough cough, Goku has all forms of techniques according to a few sources cough cough) don't mind me.

EDIT: Found out a few Yugioh characters do to, @Yobo lets talk about that.

Sure, @Yobo. I was being serious about the yugioh thing tho. And inconsistency? Wouldn't that imply one has actually shown all (or a significant chunk) of the versions of X ability to be consistent?

Yobobojojo said:
That's a matter of inconsistency, not wording. Bit of a false equivalency.
I believe feats are the major part of the analysis.

To say that the difference here is a matter of inconsistency would imply one case (Whether it be Alakazam, Xeno Goku, or Dark Magician, these were the versions with the statement btw) is actually consistent. Which is not the case, unless you can show Alakazam using someone else's abilities consistently, which I'm guessing isn't the case considering the context comes from the quote.

Also, the argument that one word doesn't change the meaning much is kinda absurd, just take any statement and alter a word or two and you can have a different result, even if the word changed is usually interchangable.

I'd say the word The here was largely superficial in this case. And by inconsistency, I was more speaking on the fact that it's inconsistent with the portrayal of other abilities in the case of Goku.

Back