• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
And given that servants resist soul destroying damage as stated above from Solacis, I'd say Akuma slows Herc down for a good while and then it turns into an endurance fight with a brick wall.

Someone above said he could be killed by the same move twice according to Word of God, so you can double that 5-6 to 10-12 and Akuma takes this. And he has more than two normals by the way.

He ca does not mean he will.

The resistance gain from God Hand is utterly bs levels. Something like Excalibur can blow away half of Herc's body, or he can have his head blown off by a gem blast. Next time either of those hit him, it's like a mild blast of warm wind, and might give him a slight sunburn.

Saber Alter killed him with the same attack because she exponentially increased the strength of each blast. Akuma would have to become exponentially stronger to damage Herc with the same move twice, much less kill him. And since his normals might not have mystery, the only things that can for certain kill him are Akuma's specials.

So yeah, doesn't really change much.

Well, let's wait for that to conclude before saying anything conclusive. Going from mountains to mountain ranges sounds more like multiplicatively, and a claim can be complete bs and should be treated as such, regardless of character.

Fair enough, that takes away the x2 factor. Since the durability of Berserker is still only Mountain level to Akuma's At least Large Mountain level AP, Akuma has more than enough ways to take him out. 1. Raging Demon, 2. Wrath of the Raging Demon, 3. Airborne Raging Demon, 4. Kongou Kokuretsuzan, 5. Demon Armageddon, 6. Misogi, 7. Messatsu Gou Hadou, 8. Tenma Gou Zankuu (Hits 8 times), 9. Tenma Shurettou (Counters hits Berserker may land), 10. Messatsu Gou Rasen, 11. Messatsu-Goshoryu, 12. Sekia Kuretsuha and his transformations and power boosting techniques can make his super and non-super attacks even more potent. So my vote still lies with Akuma.

3 of those are the same technique but in different scenarios (Raging Demon, Wrath of the Raging Demon, Ariborne Raging Demon), so I'd say all that does is boost him to 9-10 Lives taken down. And without any expontential boosts, I'd still say he can't permanantly kill Herc.

He does get closer, however.

Berserker's weaknesses states:

Weaknesses: Berserker is insane and protects Illya at any cost. Sufficiently powerful attacks can take off multiple lives at once, potentially even killing him twelve times over instantly.

Considering the large gap between Akuma's AP and Berserker's durability, who's to say some of if not most of Akuma's attacks don't take out multiple if not all lives in a single go?

Again, his normals lack mystery, which means they can't kill or even harm Herc.

And to summerize the concept, mystery means a level of inherent specialty or age to an attack. A normal punch would do nothing to a servant, nor would a bullet, or anything similar. It's also worth noting that, according to Nasuverse rules, whenever any two mysteries clash, the older mystery always wins. And since Herc and his Noble Phantasms are older and thusly possess more Mystery, I'd say even Akuma's Ki enhanced normals wouldn't break through God Hand or even Herc's normal skin.

His specials are fair game, however, since there is an inherent age and specialty to the technique Akuma is using. And that puts Akuma at a solid 10 lives, if he doesn't die first.

Mystery is what you need to harm a servant

Mystery is achieved by an object either having sufficient magical power or being extremely old

Akuma is literally filled with ancient and supernatural murderous energy, which he controls more of in Shin form, and is completely composed of in Oni form.

There is even a skin of Akuma in SFV that shows he is made of and fuelled by this supernatural energy in base form, let alone his transformations.

You have convinced me that this is a good bit of higher difficulty for Herc than I initially thought, though. I'm actually impressed.

But we've forgotten to factor that Herc will be fighting constantly in this battle, too. And it's not in character for Akuma to just whip out his higher level specials.

So this battle wound be long, arduous, with both sides enraged and throwing themselves at each other. I'd say that in that case, Herc has 12 superhuman lives worth of stamina, and Akuma has 1 highly superhuman life worth of stamina. This is a stamina battle, no other way to cut it, and I think that Akuma is at risk of running out. I'd still say he takes 10-11 lives, but by that last life, he's on his utter last legs. He'd be at the absolute limits of his endurance, even his absurd stamina running ragged and exhausted. And then Herc gets back up.

As an aside, holy hot damn would this be an absolutly outstanding fight to behold if it were animated.

Back