• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akuma additions from Street Fighter 6

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Here we are with the periodical Street Fighter 6 update (super late, but that's my life these days).
Today's newcomer is Akuma. Sadly he hasn't received any major update, but a few more things are there to be added nonetheless. Such additions are once again not enough to warrant a new key, so his profile will once again just represent his current incarnation within a single key.
  • Duplication: This game has gifted us the coolest Shun Goku Satsu ever seen, in which we can see Akuma splitting himself in a myriad of copies that strike the opponent all together.
  • Further Fire Manipulation: Akuma sports a new technique, Adamant Flame, which is added to the Fire Manipulation he already has through the Shakunetsu Hadoken.
  • Higher Class M LS: This new LS feat bumps Akuma to a degree of Class M higher than even Zangief's submarine feat.
  • Further Teleport: A new instance of Akuma vanishing into thin air, to be added to the ability he already has.
  • Vibrations: Akuma's masterful control over his strength allows him to unleash powerful shockwaves with just light strikes and even transmit them throughout the surfaces he strikes in order to damage other targets.
  • Aura / Perception?: Totally unsure about this, I put it there simply because I didn't want to leave it out. Akuma can project a short-ranged aura that distorts the air around him.
  • Social Influencing?: Unsure about this, but with a simple gaze he makes the Player tremble in fear. At this point, the Player has already completed the main story, defeating JP at the Nayshall tournament, and mastered the fighting styles of many, if not all the characters available.
Skill and Stamina: Akuma's arcade mode and World Tour conversations reveal a few interesing things about him:
  • Has defeated hundreds of opponents, exchanging thousands of strikes and making treasure of every single moment. For each of these fights to the death he sculpts a statue of a demon god, of which he has an innoumerous amount. Also to add to his intelligence for being a nice artisan :3
  • He conducts the life of a vagabond, living in the wilderness and sustaining himself with what nature has to offer and he manages to provide for himself.
  • Despite having won at least several tournaments, he has always been utterly unsatisfied by anything short of battle to the death.
  • He is completely disappointed in the skills the Player has acquired from other masters and, as said above, by this point they have already collected a good amount of, if not all, techniques. Besides, their ability to perfectly mimic techniques has been praised more than once and he instantly replicated a good deal of Rashid's repertoire after seeing it once.
Equipment: A healthy and tasty rice ball. With a full tummy, Akuma can unleash his full power.

Possible upgrade / new key for Ryu: This was brought up in another thread, but I'm putting it here too for simplicity. In Akuma and Ryu's latest encounter, the latter states how both are reveling their fight. Akuma then proceeds to play seriously and defeats him, but the fact he was explicitly enjoying their battle might suggest Ryu is somewhat within his ballpark, even if not to his level. This might warrant a new key, specifically for SF6, whose tier could be something like "At least High 7-A, possibly 6-C".

Also, unrelated to SF6, but I wish to get rid to Akuma's current weaknesses, which are listed as:
He goes easy on opponents often, as most of his fights are done with the bulk of his power sealed. He desires to actually see an opponent to surpass and kill him. Also, he is very easy to anger.

None of these have ever been shown to actually hinder him in any way and are also kinda false. The first is somewhat untrue, he does hold back occasionally, but I'd say that's a fairly common trait for most characters in general and he's never done it to such a degree to make it detrimental. The second isn't a weakness at all. The third is a misinterpretation, while you can say he isn't the nicest of dudes, he's been shown time and time again to be quite in control of himself, he is even the first person to ever submit the Satsui no Hado to his will, and anger has never made him careless, he also explicitly states it in the "battle to the death speech" here above.

And then, with this updates I'm going to add all his new moves, new quotes and even wish to adapt his P&A to the bullet listing format, if it's fine for everyone.

• Social Influencing?: Unsure about this, but with a simple gaze he makes the Player tremble in fear. At this point, the Player has already completed the main story, defeating JP at the Nayshall tournament, and mastered the fighting styles of many, if not all the characters available
Not sure on this part as someone being afraid of a stronger guy isn’t necessarily social influencing. Beside, I assume the player does have knowledge of Akuma and could just as likely been afraid of the guy without being strictly social influencing.

Anyway, rest seems reasonable

Not sure on this part as someone being afraid of a stronger guy isn’t necessarily social influencing. Beside, I assume the player does have knowledge of Akuma and could just as likely been afraid of the guy without being strictly social influencing.

Anyway, rest seems reasonable
I thought the same, my major point was on the cinematic emphasizing the imposingness of his glare, which sent a shockwave and made an already seasoned Player tremble. Before that, the only knowledge he had about Akuma was from others, who praised him as a most fearsome fighter.
But I'm good with not adding that anyway.

Yeah, that can been removed (SI) as we can’t really say the same for what Akuma did to Ryu and Gouken

Either way, Akuma has his fair share of battles already so it is most likely he has quite a fearsome reputation as a result of that.

Last edited:
Tha goes unexplained because it's a taunt and not a proper move. Akuma only walks forward while verbally threaning you and releasing the aura.

Not the thread for this but since it's open and active I might as well ask. Why is Oni still High 6-C+ when the High 6-C Scaling isn't valid anymore on top of his only calc being closer to Baseline High 6-C anyways?

I agree with everything here.

My only issue is with SF6 Ryu's proposed rating.

I think that Likely 6-C is more justifiable than At least High 7-A, possibly 6-C and there's no definitive evidence that Akuma defeated Ryu either.

I think the Social Influencing can be a "Possibly/Likely"

This is a very weird move tbh, does the game talks anything about it?

Everything looks good otherwise
Personally I just chalked it up as a instance of being a intimidation kind of thing as mentioned earlier, Akuma fought his opponent especially ones who he deems worthy to challenge. He never really has any “social influencing” stuff prior to this.

After all, being intimidating is definitely a way to make someone scared of that person so I say no to even a “possibly” or “likely” rating for that matter

Last edited:
I agree with everything here.

My only issue is with SF6 Ryu's proposed rating.

I think that Likely 6-C is more justifiable than At least High 7-A, possibly 6-C and there's no definitive evidence that Akuma defeated Ryu either.
That could work too, but I prefer to be conservative for safe measure. What about At least High 7-A and likely 6-C instead of possibly?

Can we fix that here?
Yep

I'm likewise good with axing SI, I don't care much for it, and I was dubious in the first place.

Back