• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown vs Castiel

Castiel stomps, he literally has time stop and and time travel1. Ainz's strongest normal death spell, True Death cannot prevent his Regenerationn ( because true resurrection in the novel cannot revive something that has been reduced to ashes) For GOALD Ainz has to survive for 12 seconds, time stop which would have helped doesnt work cause yeah Castiel can time travel.

Timestop ainz resist timetravel should be fine. Only low level ressurection requires a body, high tier ressurection can restore the body and soul from destruction. further his regen is listed as mid high the exact level of regen ainz death manip has dealt with before. Also I repeat we should probably wait until the forum move.

The pen or the sword said:
Timestop ainz resist timetravel should be fine. Only low level ressurection requires a body, high tier ressurection can restore the body and soul from destruction. further his regen is listed as mid high the exact level of regen ainz death manip has dealt with before. Also I repeat we should probably wait until the forum move.
only thing not alowed during the move is thread revisions and things like that vs battles are fine

also time stop does not work on castiel

also grasp heart being ainz to go move would really do nothing as castiel would not really be affected

Yes but all the most recent post/threads created over the past few days will be deleted don't really see the point in debating just to have to redo the arguments.

Im aware

Ainz has opened with grasp heart twice, silent cast death three times, timestop twice, Grasp heart is not his most common first move, second grasp heart has an instant death effect independent of it crushing the heart. Which is why it can kill things with mid high regen such as trolls.

The thing is that he can destrioy the heart or any organ castiel is still gonna be alive not because his regen on a body but because he is incorporeal he does not have organs etc.

The highest tier of ressurection shown in the LN is the one i listed and it cannot do what you are just saying. Plus ainz death manip, hasnt been shown to destroy a mid high construct.

We are in battle so dont include the resurrection of the NPC via gold mechanic of the tomb, it doesnt count

Sorry I actually had mid high confused with high mid (the trolls being reduced to hamburger like slabs of meat, having their heads destroyed ect)

Though reading it over it sounds more like it doesn't matter what happens to the body and outside force will just fix it. it doesn't sound like regen more like type eight immortality.... Can I get some clarification on this?

Thats not what Im referring to though? Im referring to shalltear resurrection item and ainz mentions that even without a body higher tier ressurection can revive the dead.

I will mention being incorporeal would not stop ainz magic as in overlord you can damage non coporeal and intangible beings using magic. (Unless he's doing the whole my bodies on another plane of existence stick)

Sorry I actually had mid high confused with high mid (the trolls being reduced to hamburger like slabs of meat, having their heads destroyed ect)

Though reading it over it sounds more like it doesn't matter what happens to the body and outside force will just fix it. it doesn't sound like regen more like type eight immortality.... Can I get some clarification on this?

Thats not what Im referring to though? Im referring to shalltear resurrection item and ainz mentions that even without a body higher tier ressurection can revive the dead.

I will mention being incorporeal would not stop ainz magic as in overlord you can damage non coporeal and intangible beings using magic. (Unless he's doing the whole my bodies on another plane of existence stick)
Yeah non corpereal interaction is a preety niche rpg mechanic.

What i am getting at it is that normal death spells will not prevent Castiel from "coming back" and since GOALD requires time, which Ainz doesnt have here. His only shot at victory is his Strongest resurrection preventing death spell yet. True death, this opposite to true ressurection that he uses on Neia in vol. 13. Now true ressurection can raise heavily damaged bodies with ease, therefore we can sort of see how damaging true death can be, thefore if Ainz can bypass mid high regen he has a shot if he uses true death as his first spell

Yeah non corpereal interaction is a preety niche rpg mechanic.

What i am getting at it is that normal death spells will not prevent Castiel from "coming back" and since GOALD requires time, which Ainz doesnt have here. His only shot at victory is his Strongest resurrection preventing death spell yet. True death, this opposite to true ressurection that he uses on Neia in vol. 13. Now true ressurection can raise heavily damaged bodies with ease, therefore we can sort of see how damaging true death can be, thefore if Ainz can bypass mid high regen he has a shot if he uses true death as his first spell

Okay i sort of forgot that Ainz offered to ressurect her parents, who didnt have bodies (with true resurrection). Ainz wins if he uses true death as his first spell but that is up for debates.

Side note: Ainz has stupid hax.

Hmmm I guess I forgot all about it till now but any beings (other than Angels, God, or beings on God's level) that see Castiel's true form get completely destroyed (molecular combustion again).

https://youtu.be/1AEAEmR6ECU (0:40)

That's an example of what would happen.

Only Castiel's true form which Castiel is never in. He'll be in his vessel unless the vessel is destroyed or Castiel decides to leave the vessel (which he doesn't do...granted because it'd kill everyone around him).

Ainz just has to kill/defeat Castiel in his vessel so not much changes.

You can kill Angels while killing the vessel at the same time. Killing the vessel does not mean killing Castiel however killing both at the same time is 100% possible and happens all the time actually.

Through specific means though like Angel Blades, Smiting from higher Angels (like you saw above with Castiel and Raphael), or some kinds of magic.

Huh what are the requirements to kill the angel inhabitining castial then? Like if ainz uses death magic with the intent to kill castial will it also hit the angel?

Yeah probably. The spell is going straight to Castiel's true form which is inhabiting the vessel.

Then With that we're sorta back where we started ainz won't even need true death here as his spell is liable to kill off the castials true form, negating his ability to regen. Still castial only needs to powernull to win. Honestly leaning at incon at the moment both of them will try to get closer and from their it's whoever thinks first. '

Ainz ring should work even with his power nulled but castial isn't exactly unfamiliar with things not staying dead when they should and all he has to do is keep ainz powers nulled and he cant do much.

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
what move would ainz be more likely to use at the start?
Silent magic true death, and timestop are the most consistent first moves as they were each used three times in the series (in the side story ainz uses timestop against the dragon lords to test their resistances as well) With grasp heart trailing behind a close second.

WIth the starting distance both of these two are going to move in closer to the other and from their its a who thinks first.

Back