• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown Hax Additions

High Tier Magic Immunity III, Cold, Acid, and Electrical Immunity, as well as Arcane Vision/See Invisibility.

The resistances to Acid, Cold and Electrical should be Immunities.

Then there were the basic special qualities which all undead possessed: Immunity to critical hits, mind-affecting, poison, disease, sleep, paralysis, death, and energy drain effects. Resistance to necromancy and biological penalties. Undead did not need to breathe, eat, or drink. They were healed by negative energy and had darkvision.

-Volume 1 Chapter 2

Resistances to Poison, Disease, Sleep, Paralysis, Physical Impediment, Necromancy, Energy Drai, Mind Manipulation, should be buffed to Immunities

Also immunity to Death manipulation

Besides inflicting a fear effect, it could reduce the stats of its victims. Normally, it would not have an effect on the level one hundred NPCs, but on this occasion, its effects had been strengthened by the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown.

-Volume 1 Chapter 2

Statistics and Empathetic Manipulation that bypasses resistances.

Destruction via Greater Break Item

also do note that these would have been resistances if they had a specific level cap to the point they are immune to it (I.e "High tier magic immunity III), but the way these are worded shows that they are immune to these hax at every level.

Also, Wish upon a Star should be wish granting, not reality warping

A character is only qualified for Immunity in this wiki if they transcend the concept itself, anything else is NLF, and the story itself showed it's not true immunity because things more powerful than their "immunities" can bypass them.

"Wish granting" is reality warping.

"Also, Wish upon a Star should be wish granting, not reality warping"

Wish Upon a Star warps Reality itself to grant wishes. So same thing.

Also this site does not accept Immunities as they are the textbook definition of a NLF.

OpMasada said:
A character is only qualified for Immunity in this wiki if they transcend the concept itself, anything else is NLF, and the story itself showed it's not true immunity because things more powerful than their "immunities" can harm them.
"Wish granting" is reality warping.
Where did you get that last part from? the term immunity here should apply since it literally applies to all possible spells in a game, it isnt NLF if thats how the term immunity itself functions. when has the story shown this?

Wish Upon A Star is reality warping but its done by granting the users wish, making it wish granting

Ok, since you're saying he has immunity, please give proof that he can survive conceptual fire that burns other concepts.

The site doesn't work like that, if it's reality warping, it's reality warping.

OpMasada said:
Ok, since you're saying he has immunity, please give proof that he can survive conceptual fire that burns other concepts.
The site doesn't work like that, if it's reality warping, it's reality warping.
We are going off the same ******* proof

Elaborate.

It was stated in a chapter of which I do not feel like looking through so here's from the wiki:

Herohero's race is an Elder Ooze, which is famous for their specialty in acid-type attacks. While his job class is filled with monk-type classes, it is not very good at damage dealing itself. However, its powerful acid is very effective on PvP and PK battles, by dissolving the enemy player's equipment. His class levels strengthened his corrosive abilities, to the point where they could even break immunities, allowing him to dissolve the equipment worn by enemy players. In this way, he traumatized the enemy.

It was also shown again in vol 8 I believe, first episode of anime, where albedo ignored his physical impedement "immunity"

there are Immunities specfified for the Levels, there is probably some context for the wiki

i watched the entire anime, when was that shown?

In the first episode? Re-read volume 8? Ainz was literally panicked that someone was holding him down despite his "immunity"

Impossible. My items grant me immunity to mobility impediments such as pinning. I should have been liberated the moment I was completely immobilized… in other words, someone's using a very powerful binding technique on me!

Ainz checked to see what was the soft lifeform pinning him down, and as expected ÔöÇ it was Albedo.

Physically dominating him is not covered by Physical Impedement Immunity. Things like water or high-winds won't slow down his normal travel speed at all, but physically pinning him down with brute force is perfectly viable.

Also OpMasada, not taking sides, but abilities on the level of Super Tier Magic or Superior generally begins ignoring immunities. TGoALiD, World Items,Wish Upon a Star are but a few examples that can ignore immunities. Case in point, Overlord has a bunch of Immunity ignoring mechanics.

That's all for now folks, I'm goin to sleep.

^ Which is exactly the problem, this wiki doesn't accept half-assed immunity like that, Conceptual Immunity, otherwise it's resistance, period.

And the quote i posted literally just disproved your claim that physical pinning is viable with his "immunity"

"^ Which is exactly the problem, this wiki doesn't accept half-assed immunity like that, Conceptual Immunity, otherwise it's resistance, period."

Eh, I see it more as the Immunity as a wall. Abilities and skills that bypasses Immunities are ones that just goes around and ignore it. Normally this would be impossible, although these ARE God-Tier abilities in Yggdrasill so I personally let it slide in terms of a fictional universe's rules.

"Wish Upon A Star is reality warping but its done by granting the users wish, making it wish granting"

It warps reality but it's not reality warping? Wut??

>Immunity

We use the term "Resistance". I think the only time you will see Immunity used is in "Immunity to soul manipulation (lacks a soul)". And sometimes its not even written as an Immunity.

It's referred to as resistance to magic in his profile, but you could remove it and change it to limited power nullification

Okay.

Also, is Ainz' Memory Manipulation (Control Amnesia) any different now than it is in Ainz's VSBattles profile? Because from reading the Overlord wikia, Ainz's Memory Manipulation is described as being able to do this:

"Control Amnesia: A 10th tier spell that grants the user some degree of control over the target's memories. Attempting to master new techniques, Ainz has done several experiments on lab rats like CZ2128 Delta while he practiced using the spell multiple times. To some degree, if used on a NPC, he is able to manipulate information originated from the NPC's backstory set by their creator."

Is Ainz's limitation for Control Amnesia still restricted to 10 minutes? Or is it beyond that now?

10th-Tier spell. Controls the memory of the target. Because of its astronomically high cost, Ainz can only manipulate memories up to about ten minutes old. However, if he is only viewing them, he can see memories years old. It is more effective the less the target resists.

It is limited to how long he can use it, the ability on his profile states he can only manipulate memories 10 minutes old, not how long he can use it, calling the backstory a "memory" is kind of a grey-area for me as I assume everyone that read the story knows the NPC's backstory defines the information of their character rather than actual memory

It could qualify as Information Manipulation, but not something usable in combat unless for some reason he's fighting someone with a written backstory like the guardians.

What about this? Sounds like the only problem is MP, but not the 10 minutes time restriction.

Vol. 3:

Ainz could have used the 10th-tier spell [Control Amnesia] like he had at Carne Village, but even altering short stretches of memory would require a massive amount of MP. The staggering amount of MP needed to affect five days' worth of memories was beyond the limit of ordinary magic casters. Not even Ainz and his extraordinary MP Regenerationn rates could do it.

Btw where did you get this sentence about "Up to about ten minutes old"?

I didn't, his profile says that, i'm not interested in reading through overlord to get such things, as i've already read it multiple times when I was bored, if something is wrong you'll have to prove it yourself.

Back