• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz needs a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Ainz Ooal Gow

CurrentTier: 9-A with a casual spell, 8-A with casual resurrection, 6-C with high tier spells, possibly far higher. Unknown with Perfect Warrior. Unknown with Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown. Unknown with Wish Upon A Star. Unknown with access to Nazarick's treasury.

Well. As you can see here the use of any other tier that's not the tier 6 (which is Ainz's real tier, for the ones who dont know), will be nothing but problems. Also, "9-A with a casual spell" is similar to say that goku is "Laser level when lowering his guard or 9-B when casual". Its not a practical tier because Ainz is tier 6 when fighting.

Therefore, I have this suggestion: get rid of the tiers 9-A, 8-A, and the "Unknown with Perfect warrior" (because, as we saw during his fight with shalltear he can take blows from her, who is 6-C).

The new rating would be: 6-C. Unknown with Wish Upon a Star and Nazarick's treasury.

I think the Staff shouldnt have its own tier as its already added in his standard equipment and doesnt make sense to have both.

Also, his striking strenght would be changed to: Island level, higher with Perfect Warrior.

"Multi City-block level casually, Island level normally" doesnt make sense.

I hope this makes sense. Thoughts?

I think the difference between Goku And Ainz is that Ainz' magic has specific tiers. His base tier 1 fireball isn't going to overpower his tier 6 version (although why'd he'd use the tier 1 version is beyond me). I think that's the logic being applied. Goku weakening himself is simply just lowering the potency of an already existing ability.

Ainz using a tier 1 spell already means thst he is holding back. And we dont give tiers to people holding back.

I agree with this CRT.

Now if Cinder gets upgraded someday,curse you Kal,now i'm very difficult to find an fair opponent for Cindy (T_T)

Also, his striking strenght would be changed to: Island level, higher with Perfect Warrior.

"Multi City-block level casually, Island level normally" doesnt make sense.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Where he demonstrated an island level stentgh,in what episode? i kinda dismember that.
Fighting Shalltear already requires island level potency.

Under this assumption a tier 1 spell would be as powerful as something as a super tier spell like falling down.

Sorry but I do not agree.

LordAizenSama said:
Under this assumption a tier 1 spell would be as powerful as something as a super tier spell like falling down.

Sorry but I do not agree.
You cant even state that tier 1 spells from someone like Ainz wouldnt damage Ainz himself if it werent for his immunity because Ainz can boost lower tiered spells. 9-A is him holding back while using a lower tier spell. Hell, shalltear was staggered by a low level potion from Nazarick because she isnt immune to it.

During their fight they used more than OverRanked or tier 10th spells, so its clear that a boosted lower tier spell can damage them.

And being in the same tier doesnt mean they are equal. If, say, a tier 3 fireball deals 1 HP damage to Ainz (disregarding his immunity), that still makes it a 6-C attack.

Shalltear is an undead. Weak potion or not, healing potions are basically her kryptonite. That's not a very good example to bring up :p

Actually his tier should varie depending on spell he uses not be direct 6-C because a tier 2 spell is not as strong as tier 6 spell etc. Saying he is 6-C with everything is wrong.

It was shown that damage output depends on tier of the spell you use, the example with Shalltear as said above is wrong as that is her weakness.

Blanked said:
Actually his tier should varie depending on spell he uses not be direct 6-C because a tier 2 spell is not as strong as tier 6 spell etc. Saying he is 6-C with everything is wrong.

It was shown that damage output depends on tier of the spell you use, the example with Shalltear as said above is wrong as that is her weakness.
He is 6-C physically. And the damage output depends on the mana Ainz is willing to spend in one single spell. He can boost low tier spells to inflict greater damage. So not even lower tiered spells are actually 9-A or such except for casual/holding back Ainz.

Aand his Magic > his physic

That's interesting fan theory, but prove it. The tiring exist for a reason in the show and it was never contradicted from what I remember so unless you have actual legit proof of what you say i don't see space for discussion.

It was never stated that the strength of one spell(like tier 1 spell) depends on how much mana you put into it, unless you can prove otherwise it's just your head canon.

"Maximize Magic: X" is a boosted version of X spell in which you exchange more mana cost for more power. That's what I meant.

Maximize magic or triple maximise magic which he always uses doesn't really boost his destructive power, but rather casts 3 versions of the same spell as he did with realty slash, obsidian sword etc... This allows him to cover up greater area and have better chances to hit his enemie.

And again those "boosts" are barely relevant and can never make a tier 1 be as strong as tier 4 spell not to mention super tier magic which he needs for 6-C rating. You need very strong evidence to back something like that up, but I can pretty much guarantee you won't find them.

Another thing, that is a another spell which he is costrected to use in order to boost his spells and not him simply making his lower spells be 6-C by using more mana.

Example of realty slash which is a tier 10 spell even with triple maximize magic is still not even comparable to fallen down(super tier magic).

for his striking strength we need a specific striking strength for his spells, his two armors that he uses one for questing and the other against Sahlltear (which I guess can have the same rating, why not) while his base or rather without his armors physically he should be unknown as he as a magic caster can't fight physically without magic equipment.

I have nothing against his current tier, but putting varies on the type of spell he uses instead of casual spells would be better. While 6-C should stay only for Super-Tier magic.

What.

Maximize magic =/= Triplet maximize magic, the latter casts three consecutive spells, the former doesnt. Maximize Magic: Gravity maelstrom for example. You cant compare any spell to Super tier magic.

But the point was that they are damaged by lower tiered stuff as long as they are not immune. AP is about being able to deal damage Tier 8th spells can damage them, are they not 6-C? Even if they dont cause a giant crater like fallen down.

Lower tiered spells wont damage them because of their immunity, not because they cant. As I said, shalltear can be damaged by low level potions. Ainz is weak to fire, dont tell me now he is damaged by tier 9-A fire. A fireball from Ainz would damage him just like a low level potion can damage shalltear if it werent for his immunity to low spells.

A fireball from weaker people wouldnt have the same effect on Ainz as their magic attack (and therefore their AP) is much lower. A tier 7th spell from a weak angel can only amuse ainz and barely damage him. This proves that the stats do matter. You are forgetting that Ainz and Co have very high stats of their own.

For the record, Ainz's weakness only doubles damage dealt by fire.

Overlord works as a videogame. If your attack > enemie's defense, you can damage them. Fallen Down and such deal more damage, nothing else. That's how Ainz beat shalltear, because his magic defense was higher.

"A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces"

If instead of 6-C, would you be okay with "Up to 6-C with higher spells"?

No, because those spells are not even comparable to Super tier magic. The example with Shalltear is something you should drop cause it's her weakness.

You also say we can't even compare anything to super tier spell yet you want to put lower spells on the same tier even tho super tier spells are the very baseline so you can't say a tier 7 spell is 6-C, but much weaker than Super tier which is baseline (at the very begggining) 6-C cause that automatically makes them at maximum high 7-A and not even that much.

No matter how much he maximises a tier 5-6-7-8 spell that will still never reach even close to the level of Super tier spells and super tier spells are baseline 6-C so anything much weaker than them can't be 6-C or even just a little weaker.

Nothing but Super tier spell is 6-C and there no proof agaisnt it. For anything below we should just write varies on what spell he uses and instead of casual spells we should write lower tier spells.

When it comes to immunity that's also a spell they must cast on them and Max is immunity on tier 6 spells.

Conclusion

Super tier magic = the beggining of 6-C and thus anything weaker is not 6-C in particular cause even tier 10 spells are much weaker than super tier magic figures tier 4-5 that you want to make 6-C.

Whatever, really.

Tier 9, 8 must disappear anyway. As I said in the OP those are casual Ainz, its even referred as such in the profile.

Varies, up to 6-C with Super Ranked spells

And no, I dont want to make every spell equal to SuperRanked magic. They have shown the ability to tank island level attacks = they have island leven dura. But they can be damaged by spells of lower tiers, therefore, those aren that much behind to say they are 9-A or 8-A. I said 6-C altogether because those lower tiered spells show the ability To harm people with island level durability. And, as you know, harming people with island level durability means being island level or close to. Even weaker spells can harm island level people, what's so hard to understand.

"drop the shalltear example because that's her weakness". You dont seem to get my point, but ok.

Any spell no matter how strong in a game can hurt an opponent unless they have a specific immunity on it.

Have you ever played an mmorpg? You can deal damage with anything to anyone(with exception above) and this anime is an mmorpg based. In games of the kind you can't apply the rule of hurting Island lvl character makes you island lvl to everything, because in games you need to look at the amount of damage and choose selectively, because if a spell does 10 damage to someone with 10000 health, the person that did 10 damage wouldn't scale in any possible way to the person they damaged.

Super-tier spells not ranked :p and i am fine with that wording since i talked about it in my first post here.

that's game mechanics. We dont take game mechanics into account, and "The new world" doesnt run on game mechanics entirely, its not YGGDRASIL (friendly fire and stuff).

Some games allow the players to always deal damage and others make it so that sometimes you deal 0 damage.

But since we have agreed to at least that. Well, so be it.

I think there is enough support for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back