• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Afro Samurai vs Samurai Jack - Death Battle Edition

"At best, the Number One Headband may grant agelessness, but this is debatable. The myth of its powers and rules of obtaining it are often disproven and broken. It is likely nothing more than an overhyped strip of cloth."

Felt so good to read that coming from ScrewAttack.

Shame about the pyrrhic victory. Great animation. Voicing wasn't quite matching the originals, but that's fine.

I feel that the way they used the Light Speed feats were kinda of too easy. Like, they were a lot more strict in Jotaro Vs Ken, where they considered one SoL statement and one SoL feat for Jotaro as invalid

Awesome, I was hoping that if Jack won they would end with the closeup in red of his eyes and his theme song like an episode of the series.

@BlackDarkness: I know. I didn't express myself properly. I meant I am happy they did do that nod in the end of the episode given that since the episode was announced I was hoping for it to happen if Jack won. So when the episode was ending:

• Jack finishes off Afro and walks away *
Me: Come on... Come on... Come on...

WACHA!

• Red colored close up of Jack's eyes*
Gotta get back
Back to the past
Samurai Jack

Me: 8D

TheC2 said:
@Ricsi

No idea. But knowing DB, probably because they both have some form of tentacles...
Their hands...

And its also unfair cuz she cant really kill it, and bfr is against the rules...

Their relative color is red, associated with blood.

Both have similar abilities using tendrils/tentacles (Kletus is much creative however).

Both are dangerous serial killers that are wanted by goverment.

Both have some similarities in their origins.

And that is all I could find : /

Why manga Vs comic battles are sooooo danm annoying is DB.

Sev+ Lucy is a sociopath, Kletus is a psychopath, is different.

JohnCenaNation said:
So Samurai Jack is now apparently the new wearer of Number One Headband.
He became disgusted with it for all the bloodshed it has caused. So he destroyed the damn thing.

This reminds me of a statement from a friend that If Jack was in Afro Samurai he would be the undisputed wearer if the number 1 headband

i mean they rated afro at 8-B and jack at 7-B. i wonder if that is a worthy enough CR

Crzer07 said:
i mean they rated afro at 8-B and jack at 7-B. i wonder if that is a worthy enough CR
Someone on the OBD did a calc for that very same feat that Screw Attack rated at 7-B. They got 2 Megatons (Low 7-B). As far as I know, it wasn't accepted.

I have made an attempt to revisit the stats of Jack and Afro from SA's episode. Please feel free to gently correct me.

the blog

Man ALIVE DB butchered that calc. Like many orders of magnitude over. How in the crap?

So if Jack weighs 60 kg and his spacesuit is 141 kg, his total mass would be 201 kg. Although I used a lower speed in my earlier calc for this (and a slightly higher mass), I'll humor Death Battle by using their speed. 59546 km/h is 16540.556 m/s. Putting the variables into the KE formula gives us... 0.5*201*16540.556^2 = 27,495,794,275.3 joules, or 6.453 Tons of TNT. For us that's still High 8-C.

How did they get 19 Megatons????

Even if you plug it into a Newtons Force calculator you still only get 3,324,651.76 Newtons of Force. That is NOT 19 Megatons of force. In fact even if a single Newto equaled a Ton of TNT of force, you'd still be shy 16 million Newtons. Freaking Omegalul

Even the Afro Samurai explosion is wanked into oblivion. They took the entire surface area of the explosion as the area for the shear strength of granite? Freaking WHYYYY

That explosion is SMALL compared to most convention bombs and only scattered a relatively small amount of stone. Instead they managed to get a blast yield equal to 7 MOABs.

If you want an explosion comparison, this is 11 Tons of TNT. That explosion had a blast radius of 150 meters. Larger than even the height of the Afro Samurai explosion.

Yet yet Afro's explosion was 7 times stronger? Give me a break.

Back