• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Afro Samurai vs Samurai Jack - Death Battle Edition

How do you think they will analyze the stuff from the tv series and ther media?
Afro Samurai (Character)
Afro Samurai

Samurai jack vetor by igorrechenberg-d7ncc6a
Samurai Jack

Not a massive stomp but still pretty one-sided in Jack's favour

Emotionally & as far as I can tell from our pages, Jack ought to win. So I'm gonna be upset if he doesn't.

What feats is ScrewAttack likely to accept, do you guys think? Will they line up with our pages' ratings?

DB is pretty unpredictable nowadays if you ask me. But scaling is used now so that may align. My guesses:

-They will mention that Jack is better trained by having been taught by Masters of different disciplines from all around the world, compared to Afro who's mostly a swordsman.

-Jack's sword being a magical instrument against evil will get a mention, but likely won't mean much of an advantage given that Afro while not heroic is not "evil" in the dry sense of the word. Though probably they'll mention it's a better sword than Afro's by being supernatural.

-They'll bring up how Afro fights dirty to win if he needs to. But perhaps will also mention that Jack started doing the same by the end of his series when he no longer could afford to be too honorable.

-Afro perhaps will be considered to have better reflexes due to how he killed a guy once just with muscle memory, perhaps helping him a bit against Jack's possible traps or tactics.

-Jack will have an edge in experience overall by having fought all sort of different enemies for much longer, while Afro has fought mostly other people. But this could take a twist, and be taken that that would make Afro more effective since they are both Samurai, while Jack has less exprience against other swordsmen (I may be wrong here though)

Don't take my word for it, though. My predictions are usually off mark =P

Screw Attack is very unpredictable, so I won't try to guess too much at what they'll consider. I'll try to go through an analyzation based on what I know from having watched both series.

Physical Stats: Afro is tough and quite strong given what he did to that big guy in the bar in the first episode. Also contending with Afro Droid, who is supposed to be like 20-30% stronger than Afro, IIRC. He's also killed someone on pure muscle memory. However, Jack can literally jump dozens, if not, hundreds of feet in the air in a single bound. He fought a creature made out of stone with his bare hands and has endured numerous slashs and beatings and kept going. Jack also fodderized an entire group of famous and organized bounty hunters in the time it took for a drop of water to hit the ground.

Training: Jack will take this. Jack is a fully trained samurai who has recieved and mastered additional training from all over the world to become capable of taking down Aku. These various skills have been instrumental in Jack's success throughout his series. Jack even learned to use firearms and high-tech weapons later on. On the other hand, Afro is a master swordsman.

Experience: Jack has this in spades. He has fought demons, all kinds of robots, and aliens for 50 years. Simply put, both Jack and Afro have been the most hunted person in their respective verses. But if you switch their places, Jack would breeze through Afro's series. Afro would probably be dead in a day or two in Jack's.

Weaponry: Both primarily use swords and have them on their person. Outside of Afro's sword being durable enough to survive all the fights he's been through, there's nothing notable about it. Jack on the other hand has a sword that is mystic in origin. That sword is also virtually indestructible given that it can cut just about anything. The only things it had issues against were things that were so tough, Jack just didn't have enough strength to actually cut them.

Summary: Jack just beats Afro out in virtually every category and has way more under his belt.

They still dont get everything right though,like Jotaro being FTL or claiming 3 million tons punching strength which would kill someone said to have 1000 tons durability by how they presented and so on

Arceus0x said:
considering there is no speed equalization we can safely say that jack STOMPS
We talking about jack vs afro death battle edition,they wont go by the wiki standards,so there is the possibility death battle might give different statistics for the characters depending on what they count

Unless the headband can grant Afro like better immortality or even durability negation (at least tough enough to casually tank at least 110 tons of TNT of attack potency and deliver as much), Afro stands no chance.

Actually Afro and Jack have similar battle speeds by DB standard since they dodge lasers and reflected sunlight. But the hax, AP, durability etc gaps are so huge... like why are trolls flooding Afro vs Jack on the Death Battle Suggestion Form? Doesn't Jack have better opponents?

Clockworx said:
No. Jack does not have better opponents.
Um...he kind of does.

All of Afro's major opponents were simply highly skilled humans, had cybernetic enhancement or both. The only true oddballs are Justice (whose a mutant) and Afrodroid (a full robot).

Jack has fought robots, demons, demonic robots, aliens, elementals, zombies, divine beings, bounty hunters and everything inbetween. Including entire armies or legions of aformentioned enemies. Not too mention Aku himself, who trumps anything Afro has ever faced.

TheC2 said:
Wall of text
Yep even in experience Jack takes Afro easily.

And... I believe Clockworx is saying that Samurai Jack's other potential opponents (Death Battle wise) are either much stronger than Jack or much weaker than Afro.

And since DB is obliged to take composite (less outlier) characters at their peak forms, verse selection (a process obliged in VSBW vs discussion threads) is banned in DB (as they call "cherry picking") However, I still hear Weiss Schnee crying for not fighting Jack instead imo.

And... I wonder if people can bombard the SA DB suggestion box with their opinions like with bots easily.

Well, do we even know they'll accept Jack's "dodging sunlight" feat? Wasn't there even some controversy about that here, or am I mistaken?

What are the next best things they might go for? I mean, AFAIK, SA seems to prefer easily audience accessible feats, where it's clear it's combat applicable, & is visually impressive.

If that is correct, what would they use for Jack & Afro?

BlackDarkness679 said:
Does Afro really has something that matches Jack in speed going by Death Battle logic and standards?
Afro dodged lasers and Jack dodged sunlight. SA has to mention them. And TBH speed is the closest thing Afro has against Jack.

Jack stomps in every other category.

And while legend has it that "only the wearer of the number 2 headband can harm the wearer of the number 1 headband", I doubt - that's more of a symbolic meaning.

And I doubt SA would wank Afro's durability against Jack's strength like they would on Guts vs Nightmare.

Demon Takumo 31 said:
Jack stomps really easy. I don´t know why people suggested that fight.
Because a lot of people focus on theme, superficial similarities or what they think would be cool, not what would actually make for a good fight.

Yeah, remember DB despite of how one sided matchups can be the battle sequence itself is always a close and intense fight for entertainment (and it rarely disappoints in itself). Not to mention, the way they analize is different from this site, regardless if we agree or not, so surprises are there.

Besides, both Jack and Afro worked together in Pulp Fiction. Jack got accidentally shot in the face when Afro was driving.

Imaginym said:
Inb4 SA has Afro Samurai win via the Number 1 headband for surprise factor or something.

Sure. The Number 1 Headband can be as tough as a relic providing true immortality or just as weak as an ordinary headband. SA has to interpret "only the wearer of Number 2 Headband can kill the wearer of Number 1 Headband".

However, even if the Number 1 headband does grant immortality, it can be stolen. In fact it was stolen in the canon story. So if removing the headband can remove the protection Afro has... hey would it only be time before Jack knew that or Jack would be dead before he can know the trick from Afro's headband? Or... will Afro be given the Number 1 Headband in the first place?

Well, the combatants don't start with any knowledge of one another, right? Is Afro Samurai the sort to give away why he's immortal, or tell the enemy the legend of the 2 headbands?

Perhaps Jack is capable, but why would Jack KNOW to steal it? Or figure out to?

Although it may be possible it simply gets destroyed/cut & falls off in the fight. For example, a vertical cut narrowly missing AS's head making the Number 1 Headband get cut & fall off, & Jack notices AS seek to put it back on? That could cue him in.

But does that fall under a "most likely outcome" scenario, since that's what SA usually uses to decide the result?

Imaginym said:
So if SA did give Afro the Number 1 Headband AND if that Headband did grant Afro true immortality as long as the band stays on his head, it would give the just needed armor for Afro against Jack's superior striking strength, and then it would be like whether Afro can harm Jack with his striking strength before Jack knew the secrets and counters to the headband. Now question 1: How good is Jack at deducing weaknesses and devising counters against opponents mid-fight?

But... iirc Afro Samurai owns the Number 1 Headband at the end of Afro Samurai Season 1 and loses it at the start of Afro Samurai: Resurrection, but reclaims it at the end of the movie. Which comes to Question 2: Do you believe SA would include that Number 1 Headband as standard arsenal for Afro?

FYI Pit did not get the Great Sacred Treasure mech suit in Sora vs Pit (Pit just got the Three Scared Treasures) but Raiden gets the Muramasa Blade in Wolverine vs Raiden.

The video virtually described only that Afro received training from one Sword Master which he managed to kill after the training. Afro is pretty screwed up unless the number one headband is acknowledged to be giving some crazy stat boosts and haxes.

Back