• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adventure Time Low 2-C downgrade revision

Problematic more like it, but we have no choice.

I will have some good news to relay regarding this in a few days though.

Bump.

It has been quite long now. Can we proceed soon?

Antvasima said:
Bump.
It has been quite long now. Can we proceed soon?
Understatement of the year right here, Ant. Lmaoooo. I'm sure even you can agree at this point with how frustrating it is that the Adventure Timer revisions are taking so long on here, the finale aired a year and a half ago at this point! This is honestly why I gave up posting in the AT CRT's myself and am just a spectator now, lol. I have to commend you Antvasima, I don't know how you have the patience to run this wiki, you must be some kind of saint XD. On that note, I am going to go back to not posting in any Adventure Time CRT ever again, in fact I'm going to remove myself from the verse-supporters list as it's just gotten too frustrating for me, I simply don't have the patience.

Well, I originally didn't have the time to basically "redo" all 50 or so profiles more or less myself. Now "tanks to" corona I do, but Agnaa recently told me that he is currently watching AT and asked if he should watch out for feats and stuff for the revision. I myself started another rewatch recently and am working on it. After all, if my memory serves right, it was more or less agreed that a lot of the scaling and feats are... iffy to say the least, which means that a lot of things need to be done "from the ground up".

When I started this, it originally was more so me asking about the weird scaling and why things are done the way they are. I never planned for this tbh (I was still new and probably should have gone and made a QnA thread rather than a CRT lol), which is why I don't have any "alternate" statistics at hand, to simply swap the current ones with.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help but if anyone has anything that needs to be calced you can send it to me.

I reckon Finn will end up as either tier 8 or 7 maybe even 6 depending. Which ever is most consistent. 5-A Cosmic Entities will be under review as well. I will likely give the series a re-watch to help out as well since I like it a lot and want these revisions to get done.

tbh, physically (without a sword) he is likely only into the high tier 9s to mid tier 8s. Tier 7 and 6 basically only with the grass sword and that weird demon thing peps gave him

Thank you to everybody who are helping out. It is very appreciated.

I am far from a saint, and think that it is self-destructive to be one, but I have had to gradually mentally toughen up a lot over the years to be able to handle all of the hard work and harrassment related to keeping this wiki somewhat organised. Thanks for the sentiment though.

I agree that Tier 5 for Finn and such isn't the most consistent and def agree on the Low 2-C stuff being removed, but I don't think that needed much more agreement.

I believe we should shift our focus now to finding feats that the cast can scale to besides the tier 5 ones.

I'm in the process of rewatching AT and I think splitting Finn's profile into seasons might be a feasible idea because he seems much weaker in the first season (to be expected) and in the second episode he was knocked out by bumping into a Lumpy Space Citizen of considerable size (although he had been turned into one of their kind at that point).

That can be calced. I assume u mean the ruby beast thing. Not sure if that's an actual ruby though, since it vanishes afterwards

It's a bit dubious but either way S1 Finn is around tier 9 if we're scaling on size since we can't find the actual AP of any of the monsters. Though he does beat the crap out of the Ice King consistently and hurt Marceline with a good punch.

Seems about right. Although we would need to figure out the IKs dura, since it likely doesn't scale to his AP (since his AP isn't physical) and scaling Fin to Marcy... I have my doubts about that.

EmperorRorepme said:
I'm in the process of rewatching AT and I think splitting Finn's profile into seasons might be a feasible idea because he seems much weaker in the first season (to be expected) and in the second episode he was knocked out by bumping into a Lumpy Space Citizen of considerable size (although he had been turned into one of their kind at that point).
Dividing his statistics into different time periods is fine with me.

Antvasima said:
Are there any updates here?
We MAY need to just accept the fact that the AT profiles are forever DOOOOOOMED (note: imagine me saying that the way Invader Zim would), Ant. There's just so much PIS and inconsistency with scaling in the series that it seems people have essentially given up on this project.

Your best bet is probably to try to make this thing completely staff-only and just reach some consensus decision on tiering for Finn (who obviously isn't really Tier 5) and others who scale to him, because you guys have been trying to make these revisions FOREVER now and it's gone NOWHERE!

I mean, except for downgrading characters like Finn from Tier 2, at least THAT abomination has been fixed, LMAO!

PERSONALLY, I still think that Phoebe/Flame Princess' volcano-feat is a good one to try to scale from, but that's just my own input, and as I said you should probably just restrict this whole discussion to solely staff-member verse-supporters if you want it to ever actually finish, haha.

I do not think that restricting the discussion to staff only would be a good idea, as that would shut out people who know a lot about Adventure Time, and we likely need their help.

The issue stems from the fact that no new feats has been presented. At this rate, downgrading the cast to 9-B or even 9-A would be the logical course of action, however, I'm certain the fandom would be against that.

Well, we need some reliable feats to scale from at least. Never mind if some people are against it. We need to make the pages as reliable as possible.

Sir Ovens said:
The issue stems from the fact that no new feats has been presented. At this rate, downgrading the cast to 9-B or even 9-A would be the logical course of action, however, I'm certain the fandom would be against that.
Yeah I mean Seasons 1 to 3 Finn was able to pull plenty of 9-B and 9-A feats (including CASUAL ones), and he got MUCH stronger since then, so I for one would not be a fan of downgrading pretty much everyone except Cosmic dudes (Lich, Hunson, Orgalorg, Prismo) to 9-A; just as you say, I and most fans would be very against that, because:

We all KNOW that characters like Finn and Jake are FAR above 9-A, especially by the later seasons. But as you and Ant said, the issue is we need reliable feats! The series just never had any focus at all on power-scaling and the writers clearly didn't know what they were doing in that regard (as tends to be the case in cartoons), so there is abundant PIS and it is just all over the place! How can we possibly figure it out? As it is, stuff like the Ice Crown and characters like Charlie definitely did have 5-C or-above feats. But then again there have been TONS of consistent low-ball 9-B and 9-A feats/portrayals. So what can we do about it?

Personally I still think that Flame Queen's volcanic-eruption feat is POSSIBLY a good one to go off of!!!! Just saying. Wasn't it calced as somewhere in the Tier 7 range? That seems like a nice middle-ground between the lowball Tier-9 showings and the highball Tier-5 showings.

Yeah I mean Seasons 1 to 3 Finn was able to pull plenty of 9-B and 9-A feats (including CASUAL ones), and he got MUCH stronger since then, so I for one would not be a fan of downgrading pretty much everyone except Cosmic dudes (Lich, Hunson, Orgalorg, Prismo) to 9-A; just as you say, I and most fans would be very against that, because:

We all KNOW that characters like Finn and Jake are FAR above 9-A, especially by the later seasons. But as you and Ant said, the issue is we need reliable feats! The series just never had any focus at all on power-scaling and the writers clearly didn't know what they were doing in that regard (as tends to be the case in cartoons), so there is abundant PIS and it is just all over the place! How can we possibly figure it out? As it is, stuff like the Ice Crown and characters like Charlie definitely did have 5-C or-above feats. But then again there have been TONS of consistent low-ball 9-B and 9-A feats/portrayals. So what can we do about it?

Personally I still think that Flame Queen's volcanic-eruption feat is POSSIBLY a good one to go off of!!!! Just saying. Wasn't it calced as somewhere in the Tier 7 range? That seems like a nice middle-ground between the lowball Tier-9 showings and the highball Tier-5 showings.

As and Adventure Time fan, that sounds pretty reasonable

Yes. Maybe we could consider scaling from the 5-C feat an outlier for most characters?

It is most definitely an outlier for most characters. Tier 7/6 seems to be a good middle ground for the high tiers like Flame Queen, Ice King and others since they're more consistently portrayed as very powerful entities but not to the point of being outright threats to the planet.

Okay. That makes sense. Do we have any calculations for the likely tier 7 and 6 feats? If not, you can ask some calc group members for help via their message walls.

This is just a notification about that all discussion posts made after April 14 will disappear in the new forum, so if there are any important content revisions that need to be referenced in the new forum, please back them up here:

https://archive.org/web/

The threads can be updated with later backups if more posts are made in them.

Back