• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ADDITIONS TO THE OG MARTIAL ARTIST PROTAGONIST

Lee should just be 9-B already, he was able to send Han flying at least 10 meters into the air (which would be Wall Level), the impact was so powerful that the spear in the wall fully penetrated through Han’s body. O’hara (who Lee is considerably superior to) was able to easily destroy 6 concrete slabs in one chop.

Lee should have Subsonic combat and reaction speed. He was able to dodge a snake strike (which is said to be faster than the blink of an eye, the blink speed is between 100 and 400 ms according to the Harvard Database of Useful Biological Numbers.) and was able to caught it before it could react, snakes are said to have an reaction time of 44-70 milliseconds. He was also able to attack Han guards so fast that they could not tell who knocked them out.

Lee should have at least Class 1 Lifting Strength. He was able to easily break a guy’s neck using only one arm, with no leverage and no body weight application. He’s able to effortlessly throw people around with only one arm. Should be comparable to Bolo who was able to break a guy’s neck just by pulling his head upwards, he was also able to crush a man’s spine by simply squeezing the guy.

Lee should have Instinctive Action. He stated that when fighting, a good martial artist should neither think or dream. He also stated that during a fight, he does not hit his opponent, his body hits all by itself.

He should also have Pressure Points since he constantly targets weak and lethal areas, such as the groin, throat, chin, kidney, neck, the back of the neck, and was able to seemingly perform a Brachial Stun.

Last edited:
Lee should have Subsonic combat and reaction speed. He was able to dodge a snake strike (which is said to be faster than the blink of an eye, the blink speed is between 100 and 400 ms according to the Harvard Database of Useful Biological Numbers.) and was able to caught it before it could react, snakes are said to have an reaction time of 44-70 milliseconds. He was also able to attack Han guards so fast that they could not tell who knocked them out.
You have to be joking, your own source even confirms snakes strike at 2.95 m/s, that's not even athletic human speed. You must believe regular humans are subsonic or something. The other feat did not involve Lee moving fast, he gets tagged by a regular dude from behind and they didn't recognise him because they weren't looking at his face enough, it was dark, and he took them out quickly, but not at superhuman speeds

You have to be joking, your own source even confirms snakes strike at 2.95 m/s, that's not even athletic human speed. You must believe regular humans are subsonic or something. The other feat did not involve Lee moving fast, he gets tagged by a regular dude from behind and they didn't recognise him because they weren't looking at his face enough, it was dark, and he took them out quickly, but not at superhuman speeds
This is odd, while they indeed say that snake strikes at 2.95 m/s they also say snakes "whipping its head forward so quickly that it can experience accelerations of more than 20 Gs" and that "the snakes reached their targets in just 50 to 90 milliseconds—typical prey, they note, have been found to activate muscle reactions very quickly as well, from 14 to 151 milliseconds, which explains how it is that the snakes are able to land a hit more often than not on such swiftly reacting targets. The researchers also note that the blink of an eye typically lasts on average 220 milliseconds, which means those who blink are likely to miss a snake strike."

I also highly doubt that normal humans can easily dodge snakes strikes like it's nothing,

A king cobra here on this wiki on the other hand is said to have Superhuman reflexes "The whiplike reflexes of snakes such as vipers were rated at 50-90 ms; given king cobras appear to be a blur with their bites,"

So Superhuman would be more likely?

Also about the guards he took 2 of them with headbutts and they still didn't knew what hit them, it sound pretty fast to me.

This is odd, while they indeed say that snake strikes at 2.95 m/s they also say snakes "whipping its head forward so quickly that it can experience accelerations of more than 20 Gs" and that "the snakes reached their targets in just 50 to 90 milliseconds—typical prey, they note, have been found to activate muscle reactions very quickly as well, from 14 to 151 milliseconds, which explains how it is that the snakes are able to land a hit more often than not on such swiftly reacting targets. The researchers also note that the blink of an eye typically lasts on average 220 milliseconds, which means those who blink are likely to miss a snake strike."
Yeah its possible to have that level of acceleration, move in that timeframe and still not have superhuman speeds

I also highly doubt that normal humans can easily dodge snakes strikes like it's nothing,
I just showed you a video of a man doing so

The snake Lee avoided was not a king cobra. The profile you linked also proves you wrong since it literally says king cobras attack with below average human speed. 50-90ms superhuman speed is their reaction speed, not striking speed. You don't need to move

Also about the guards he took 2 of them with headbutts and they still didn't knew what hit them, it sound pretty fast to me
A regular human could do that lol, they weren't looking directly at his face long enough to remember who their attacker was

Yeah its possible to have that level of acceleration, move in that timeframe and still not have superhuman speeds
Oh ok

50-90ms superhuman speed is their reaction speed, not striking speed. You don't need to move
But Lee was able to caught it before it could react.

A regular human could do that lol, they weren't looking directly at his face long enough to remember who their attacker was
It could be. Still i'd say Lee should have at least Superhuman combat and reaction speed. He shouldn't be slower than boxers. He's able to fight multiple attackers at once. Trained martial artists can barely react to his moves. He's so fast that many of his moves go unnoticed. He's so fast that despite fighting with multiple martial artists during the whole film, he only get punched once (sucker punched btw) Han was able to slash him 5 times with his claws but never landed a punch or a kick on him.

Lee should just be 9-B already, he was able to send Han flying at least 10 meters into the air (which would be Wall Level)
The steps taken are a drastic assumption lol. Han also flies in the air for like a second before landing "10 meters" away. Basic calculations would prove this is 9-C.

Assuming Han weighs 75kg.
Speed = 10 / 1 (10 m/s).
Kinetic energy = 3750 Joules (Street level) (1/2*m*v^2).
O’hara (who Lee is considerably superior to) was able to easily destroy 6 concrete slabs in one chop.
Yeah, but don't humans do this in real life too? I might be missing something though.

Han also flies in the air for like a second before landing "10 meters" away
It's a 70's movie so of course it isn't gonna look much impressive

Basic calculations would prove this is 9-C.

Assuming Han weighs 75kg.
Speed = 10 / 1 (10 m/s).
Kinetic energy = 3750 Joules (Street level) (1/2*m*v^2).
Well if the math checks out i have nothing to say, i just used the "sending a human flying" calc from Jasonsith. Which says that even 9 meters would be Wall Level.

Yeah, but don't humans do this in real life too? I might be missing something though.
Yeah but most of the times they don't use real bricks in those demonstrations (O'hara is stated to use real ones). Also he didn't even destroyed most of the bricks. Also if i'm not mistaken i've seen some calcs that put this kind of feat in the streel or wall level range.

But again i'm fine with him being 9-C. I just thought of him being 9-B due to Jasonsith's calc.

It can't move at superhuman speeds, so even if he catches the snake, it doesn't mean his hand is moving faster than the snake can react since the snake isn't able to dodge things at superhuman speeds

It could be. Still i'd say Lee should have at least Superhuman combat and reaction speed. He shouldn't be slower than boxers. He's able to fight multiple attackers at once. Trained martial artists can barely react to his moves. He's so fast that many of his moves go unnoticed. He's so fast that despite fighting with multiple martial artists during the whole film, he only get punched once (sucker punched btw) Han was able to slash him 5 times with his claws but never landed a punch or a kick on him.
All of this can be done by a very athletic human. Being faster than a trained martial artist isn't enough to be superhuman

It can't move at superhuman speeds, so even if he catches the snake, it doesn't mean his hand is moving faster than the snake can react since the snake isn't able to dodge things at superhuman speeds

All of this can be done by a very athletic human. Being faster than a trained martial artist isn't enough to be superhuman
Alot of characters here are superhuman do to scaling above real life boxers/mma fighters, also no way a athletic human can fight like 10 guys at once and remain untouched, there's also the fact that some of his moves can only be see properly in slow motion. (Let's not forget that the actor who plays him is listed as peak human in speed here on the wiki.)

But yeah the snake argument makes sense

Alot of characters here are superhuman do to scaling above real life boxers/mma fighters
Can you list some of them?

also no way a athletic human can fight like 10 guys at once and remain untouched
You can if you are strong enough to take them out quickly, so it doesn't require speed. Defeating a big group of people at once does not have to involve moving at superhuman speed

there's also the fact that some of his moves can only be see properly in slow motion
If you're referring to this and the two other examples you brought up, I can see them without looking at it in slow motion. This is something very athletic humans can do and sure as hell isn't superhuman, unless you think Bruce Lee is superhuman (which is disproven by the link you sent). In fact the Peak Human page you sent explicitly states attacking so fast humans can't react is peak human.

Can you list some of them?
Well just from the top of my head, there's John Wick, Rocky Balboa, Yuri Boyka, and Nemesis. There's probably much more

You can if you are strong enough to take them out quickly, so it doesn't require speed. Defeating a big group of people at once does not have to involve moving at superhuman speed
You still have to react quickly to dozens incoming attacks, is not something that a simple athletic human can easily do

If you're referring to this and the two other examples you brought up, I can see them without looking at it in slow motion. This is something very athletic humans can do and sure as hell isn't superhuman,
I never said that his moves can only be seen in slow motion i said thatthat some of his moves can only be see properly in slow motion.
unless you think Bruce Lee is superhuman (which is disproven by the link you sent). In fact the Peak Human page you sent explicitly states attacking so fast humans can't react is peak human.
So what about Lee have peak human likely superhuman speed?

So how about this

Attack Potency: Street level likely higher

Speed:
At least peak human possibly superhuman

What do you guys think?

Well just from the top of my head, there's John Wick, Rocky Balboa, Yuri Boyka, and Nemesis. There's probably much more
If you can find proof Bruce Lee punches at 12.43 m/s or higher then I'll agree with superhuman striking speed. Does he use the one inch punch in this movie, and if so, do you have a clip?
You still have to react quickly to dozens incoming attacks, is not something that a simple athletic human can easily do
I don't think he did that to several attacks all at once in those fights
I never said that his moves can only be seen in slow motion i said thatthat some of his moves can only be see properly in slow motion.
Can you calc that?

If you can find proof Bruce Lee punches at 12.43 m/s or higher then I'll agree with superhuman striking speed. Does he use the one inch punch in this movie, and if so, do you have a clip?
I don't have any legit numbers on Lee's punches but neither have Rocky or Boyka, also i'm talking about the character Lee not the actor Bruce Lee, but Jackie Chan, who met him, said that Bruce could kick faster than Mike Tyson or Ali could punch.
Can you calc that?
I don't think so, but i don't see any problem with having him as peak human POSSIBLY superhuman.

How do you know its superhuman if you don't know how fast it is?
Well simply because in the movie Lee is a world class martial artist and thus should scale to boxers, it's literally the same reasoning as the characters i showed as examples.

If you think Lee shouldn't be as fast as his actor then Lee would at best have superhuman punching speed with athletic human reactions and dodging speed
Well i believe peak human possibly superhuman works best, other people seem to agree too.

Both i think
I agree with superhuman punching speed, the justification should be that he's generally fast at throwing punches (include the scan of his attacks being hard to see) and thus should be comparable to real life pro boxers

I don't think it should count for dodging/reaction speed however, Lee would have to be able to fully react in 80ms for it to count, and move his body at least 12.43m/s which isn't given by default if you can punch at that speed

I agree with superhuman punching speed, the justification should be that he's generally fast at throwing punches (include the scan of his attacks being hard to see) and thus should be comparable to real life pro boxers

I don't think it should count for dodging/reaction speed however, Lee would have to be able to fully react in 80ms for it to count, and move his body at least 12.43m/s which isn't given by default if you can punch at that speed
So how about this, peak human combat and reaction speed, with likely superhuman combat speed?

Back