• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Additional Ability & Feats For Saitama

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's pretty clearly not meant to be taken seriously. Genos and everyone interpreting things about Saitama in an overly complicated manner has been a running joke in the series. Especially the part about Saitama not really listening because he doesn't like to listen to shit that's not 20 words or longer.

The entire paragraph is meant to be a joke But that's not even the funniest part. The funniest part is this right here
unknown.png

One of the possible reasons Saitama did what he did according to Genos is by traveling faster than light
😭
. This would mean noone else Genos has saw INCLUDING BLAST AND COSMIC GAROU is capable of moving faster than light. Even Saitama pre-Jupiter wouldn't be ftl if Genos thinks surpassing the speed of light makes you travel back in time.
Nothing will ever be funnier than Saitama fanboys accidentally downgrading the entire verse to sub-light speed for the sake of a joke

it's pretty clearly not meant to be taken seriously. Genos and everyone interpreting things about Saitama in an overly complicated manner has been a running joke in the series. Especially the part about Saitama not really listening because he doesn't like to listen to shit that's not 20 words or longer.

The entire paragraph is meant to be a joke But that's not even the funniest part. The funniest part is this right here
unknown.png

One of the possible reasons Saitama did what he did according to Genos is by traveling faster than light
😭
. This would mean noone else Genos has saw INCLUDING BLAST AND COSMIC GAROU is capable of moving faster than light. Even Saitama pre-Jupiter wouldn't be ftl if Genos thinks surpassing the speed of light makes you travel back in time.
Nothing will ever be funnier than Saitama fanboys accidentally downgrading the entire verse to sub-light speed for the sake of a joke
Honestly, I'm not explaining from what Genos said, but I'm just explaining from the indications of the achievements that Saitama did.

genos explained?, yeah that's only natural, because the "core genos" recorded all the events of that time.

Agree, we should give him fate manipulation too for being able to change fate by time traveling
Let's also make him 4D and hence universal

Well I see that y'all want to make the whole paragraph seem invalid but your points for that is baseless, this time genos isn't making assumption he literally saw everything neither is he making jokes or the whole paragraph is for some comedic purpose, saitama not listening to something doesn't make it meaningless it's just he is in-character
Like "the enite paragraph is meant to be a joke" "it's all just a hypothesis" are the only arguments y'all got?

I would say it again, the only "hypothesis" or "assumption" statements in the paragraph are on "time travel" "multiverse theory" and "timeline" the last statement you gave is genos' one of the three theories iirc
While he was sure when he said that saitama manipulates the laws of causality and there's also the narrator statement of "reversal of causality...absolutely unavoidable"

It's not causality manipulation. It's just a fancy way of saying time rewind. By rewinding/going back in time you are indeed reversing causality as well.
main-qimg-c621b83ad9e4e9f770c7f20dbdbaf4d5

In timeline sense, past (cause) affect present/future (effect), Saitama travel from present/future to past and defeat Garou, therefore reverse the “causality” that supposed to be past affect present/future. Saitama just time traveled and punched Garou. While he did technically alter causality by doing this, it is not actual causality manipulation, just time manipulation, or more specifically, time travel.

Based on what I read, the vs battle wiki terminology in the "causality manipulation" section, it is explained that:

The user can redirect any cause to any effect, undo anything by inverting the relation cause/effect, or even separate them entirely, making a specific effect impossible to be caused or a specific cause not producing any effect.

This allows one to achieve virtually anything by redirecting the selected cause to the desired effect. A finger snap that normally causes sound and kinetic force could instead cause a sun explosion or a massive resurrection. The user could also instantly erase anything from existence, by making its existence the cause of its own nonexistence. Another possibility is the instant rewriting of a whole reality, by making Reality X (the current reality) the cause of Reality Y (a tailor-made one).

At a high level, the user would be able to rewrite the laws of causality as a whole, essentially playing God.

and there it is also clearly explained, "The user can redirect any cause to any effect, undo anything by inverting the relation cause/effect, or even separate them entirely,".

in the option "possible user" there is also mentioned :
• Accausality
• Probability Manipulation
• Reality Warping
Time Manipulation

This does not rule out the possibility for Saitama to get "Causality Manipulation", because the OPTION says TIME MANIPULATION, which means Saitama is also included. though, on a "time travel" basis.

in the option "possible user" there is also mentioned :
• Accausality
• Probability Manipulation
• Reality Warping
Time Manipulation
This is wrong. It says "see also" not possible users or uses.

It's not causality manipulation. It's just a fancy way of saying time rewind. By rewinding/going back in time you are indeed reversing causality as well.
In timeline sense, past (cause) affect present/future (effect), Saitama travel from present/future to past and defeat Garou, therefore reverse the “causality” that supposed to be past affect present/future. Saitama just time traveled and punched Garou. While he did technically alter causality by doing this, it is not actual causality manipulation, just time manipulation, or more specifically, time travel.
Your statement indirectly says that it was causality manipulation xd anyways, "it's not causality manipulation. It's just a fancy way of saying time rewind" well any base for this? It could had said "reversal of time" or something like that which points directly to time travel but the author chose "reversal of causality" further giving it a base by genos' statement of saitama manipulating causality.
We can even say that the time travel was a result of causality manipulation and not the other way around
as I explained that above with
"Saitama used his particles and anti-particles to reverse causality and time as he reversed cause and effect by it to hit garou before the fight even started (that also resulted in time travel as reversing causality would also make you "go back in time"), genos' statement of saitama manipulating the laws of causality supports it"

This is wrong. It says "see also" not possible users or uses.
That's all you debunked?.

You even ignored my argument in the part "and there it is also clearly explained," The user can redirect any cause to any effect, undo anything by inverting the relation cause/effect, or even separate them entirely,"

and also the X&Y description of the saitama case, in the explanation above, in the last paragraph.

@Null you should add Robo in disagree, also catpija don't seem to be agreeing it was a sarcastic comment
I flavor, Capitja, for his input, he just misconceived the "manipulation of fate" part and before that he didn't do robo-like sarcasm & trolled.

That's all you debunked?.

You even ignored my argument in the part "and there it is also clearly explained," The user can redirect any cause to any effect, undo anything by inverting the relation cause/effect, or even separate them entirely,"

and also the X&Y description of the saitama case, in the explanation above, in the last paragraph.
your whole argument is literally because you thought the option says time manipulation

Reactions: Sus
According to Google Translate a good chunk of the OP is written in Indonesian which I don't think is good for communication here since not everyone understands that language and not everyone wants to use the translator for this.

According to Google Translate a good chunk of the OP is written in Indonesian which I don't think is good for communication here since not everyone understands that language and not everyone wants to use the translator for this.
sorry my google translate error and automatically change the language by itself, i will change the thread soon.

Done, I already edited, can u evaluated now?

Last edited:
Disagree. The first scan is just a hypothesis from Genos being Saitama's hypeman, it isn't something to be taken seriously. The second scan is just a name for a time travel technique. Your going to need stronger evidence then that, at best Causality Manipulation would be a sub-power of Time Travel.

This isn't how it works. It's just time travel via subatomic body control based on actual irl theories and hypothesis. What Geno's says doesn't matter, because we know how he actually did.

And it ain't causality manip. It's about as much of causality manip as me typing this sentence is. He's effecting causality, by just doing something, but because he's in the past it changes what was supposed to happen with something else, changing the future by just changing the past. That isn't manipulating cause and effect, it's doing a cause and that action has an effect just like everything else, it just means 99% of the verse doesn't have type 1 acausality.
Like my brother in christ have ya never watched back to the future?

Disagree. The first scan is just a hypothesis from Genos being Saitama's hypeman, it isn't something to be taken seriously. The second scan is just a name for a time travel technique. Your going to need stronger evidence then that, at best Causality Manipulation would be a sub-power of Time Travel.
This is exactly the same thing I thought as well.

Alright then, thanks for the input, but I hope the sentence "hypothesis" genos is not just a hypothesis, meanwhile he also proves the event validly, because "Core Genos" records every saitama action and events as well as all events at that time. 😁

This isn't how it works. It's just time travel via subatomic body control based on actual irl theories and hypothesis. What Geno's says doesn't matter, because we know how he actually did.

And it ain't causality manip. It's about as much of causality manip as me typing this sentence is. He's effecting causality, by just doing something, but because he's in the past it changes what was supposed to happen with something else, changing the future by just changing the past. That isn't manipulating cause and effect, it's doing a cause and that action has an effect just like everything else, it just means 99% of the verse doesn't have type 1 acausality.
Like my brother in christ have ya never watched back to the future?
Thank you very much for input, 🙏

Tho I am quite agreeing with chariot but I still don't think that genos' whole statement is invalid

So @Null add me in neutral

Idk if this will be derailing but can saitama get acausality type 1 as his future self was still unaffected after the timeline changed?

don't worry, after this I will immediately unwatch this thread, because have received reliable results.

I still think this all doesn't matter since Genos was assuming. That's why he said it's a "hypothesis" and shouldn't be taken for word. Not until we get more evidence.

I agree, the ability was always causality manipulation, and the time travel was just a side effect because he changed the order of events, thus punching Garou before the fight even started.

The section he's talking about causality also isn't hypothesis, he blatantly says "your ability to transcend and manipulate causality" not hypothesisizing about it.

I mean causality was manipulated, but through time travel
in the same way that you can manipulate fire by rubbing sticks together, which isn’t actually gonna give you fire manip.

I still think this all doesn't matter since Genos was assuming. That's why he said it's a "hypothesis" and shouldn't be taken for word. Not until we get more evidence.
actually, genos' words can be shrouded as "Bot-Information", because he is a cyborg and has a "Core Ball" which is the basic center of Genos' self, also this "Core Ball" is proven to record all the events of those events. it's just that the narrator writes the sentence "Hypothesis" which causes the reader to come up with thoughts that opposite what the facts recorded by "Core Ball" Genos.

actually, genos' words can be shrouded as "Bot-Information", because he is a cyborg and has a "Core Ball" which is the basic center of Genos' self, also this "Core Ball" is proven to record all the events of those events. it's just that the narrator writes the sentence "Hypothesis" which causes the reader to come up with thoughts that opposite what the facts recorded by "Core Ball" Genos.
Huh

I agree, the ability was always causality manipulation, and the time travel was just a side effect because he changed the order of events, thus punching Garou before the fight even started.

The section he's talking about causality also isn't hypothesis, he blatantly says "your ability to transcend and manipulate causality" not hypothesisizing about it.
Literally the same things I was saying from the start of this thread

Causality changes the order of events, which is why when he's going back through time he's only seeing the events he's seen rather than just flowing through to the area he was standing at.

umm, seems I changed my mind by aiming to close this thread. ok, i will wait about 1 days to get a answer from the other staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back