• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding a New Ability to the Wiki: Anaerobic Respiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not opposed to this but this will certainly take a while to implement entirely.

I disagree that the power should be added to every Noncorporeal. Some powers/states of beings are sort of self explainatory for this stuff.

The ability could be added to the Non-Corporeal page itself, so that anyone that links to it automatically has the power as well. No need for large-scale mass edits.

@Dargoo

I was saying the opposite actually. They can be assumed to have it, so there is no need to list it because it's redundant (similarly to how we don't list immunity to matter manipulation via not being made of matter for every non-corporeal, even if they technically have it)

@Nedge

I don't want anybody who does not know exactly what they are doing to use MassEdit. It can quickly mess up a vast number of pages.

Also, no revision project is necessary. Our members can gradually add the ability when they find the time.

As Antvasima said, members can find the time to implement the ability to pages.

I can handle this by solo if I'd be a content moderator. Otherwise I'd still handle it, but the help from the staff would be needed because of locked pages.

Promestein also has the script installed.

Andytrenom said:
I don't think new powers are added via massedit scripts.
It has been done before by Darkanine with Non-Physical Interaction additions to Digimon Characters. It just most staffs are not familiar with MassEdit's script.

Ex

Okay. It should probably be fine to copy the contents of the blog post to a new powers & abilities page then.

Also Type I should be reworded.

Breathing underwater absolutely requires Oxygen, it's just filtered from the water as opposed to air.

@Dargoo

Okay. I will unlock the page so you can edit it. Tell me here when you are done.

Actually, nevermind, I simply misinterpreted what the power entailed. Underwater creatures still 'breathe' and require oxygen in a sense so they wouldn't have respitory self-sustenance.

Sorry about the confusion.

@Antvasima Self-Sustenance needs a type 4 & I think a good name for it should be "Environmental Self-Sustenance" where you have the ability of without the need to shelter yourself from any environmental effects such as experiencing high and low temperatures in your surroundings.

@Dargoo That's part of it but not exactly the entire thing as Environmental Self-Sustenance focuses on ignoring the need to shelter from the negative aspects of climate changes, not just from temperature.

Since no one is arguing against Aquatic Respiration atm, then adding a separate page for that should be fine.

Since the page has been added, should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back