• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Percy should get Enhanced Senses

“Taken together, it’s almost a sure sign. The letters float off the page when you read, right? That’s because your mind is hardwired for ancient Greek. And the ADHD-you’re impulsive, can’t sit still in the classroom. That’s your battlefield reflexes. In a real fight, they’d keep you alive. As for the attention problems, that’s because you see too much, Percy, not too little. Your senses are better than a regular mortal’s. Of course the teachers want you medicated. Most of them are monsters. They don’t want you seeing them for what they are.” (The Lightning Thief)]
If Un Natale Mezzosangue is considered canon, he should get Resistance to Disease

Percy looked at the shop shutters, the only people in the square were running around. Even the very tall Christmas tree seemed to shimmer sadly in front of the cathedral. In Italy, as in the States and everywhere else, this was a very hard year. Demigods, like Percy and Nico, couldn't get sick during the pandemic, but they could spread the virus, so they had to wear masks to protect the mortals in their lives, because that's what heroes do. (Un Natale Mezzosangue)
He has Elemental Manipulation, not sure if it's necessary to put on his profile, but yeah

Possible Extrasensory Perception?

We kept going down the corridor. I didn’t need maps anymore to know I was getting close to Luke. I sensed something cold and unpleasant—the presence of evil. (SoM ch.9)

“I’ll kill you quickly,” he decided, and raised his weapon. Backbiter was a foot longer than my own sword. Its blade glinted with an evil gray-and-gold light where the human steel had been melded with celestial bronze. I could almost feel the blade fighting against itself, like two opposing magnets bound together. I didn’t know how the blade had been made, but I sensed a tragedy. Someone had died in the process. (SoM)

“She needs nectar and ambrosia,” I said. She was clearly a half-blood, whether she was a camper or not. I could sense that just from one touch. (SoM)

We got out of the water and kept walking. As the crystal pillars loomed larger, I started to feel the power emanating from the next room. I'd been in the presence of gods before, but this was different (BoTL)

The water shimmered. Something powerful and angry was watching me now. I could sense its presence . . . or maybe two presences. (TLO)

Then the entire sea grew dark in front of us, like an inky storm was rolling in. Thunder crackled, which should've been impossible underwater. A huge icy presence was approaching. I sensed a wave of fear roll through the armies below us. (TLO)

Should get Limited Precognition (Analytical Prediction)

My senses were working overtime. I now understood what Annabeth had said about ADHD keeping you alive in battle. I was wide awake, noticing every little detail. I could see where Ares was tensing. I could tell which way he would strike. (TLT)
Limited Magic Manipulation

Watching him lumber back toward the apartment build-ing, I got so mad I did something I can't explain. As Gabe reached the doorway, I made the hand gesture I'd seen Grover make on the bus, a sort of warding-off-evil gesture, a clawed hand over my heart, then a shoving movement toward Gabe. The screen door slammed shut so hard it whacked him in the butt and sent him flying up the stair-case as if he'd been shot from a cannon.
He has Non-Standard Breathing but idk if this needs to be added considering Underwater Breathing is already there

He should receive Acrobatics

The bull-man charged too fast, his arms out to grab me whichever way I tried to dodge .Time slowed down. My legs tensed. I couldn't jump sideways, so I leaped straight up, kicking off from the creature's head, using it as a springboard, turning in midair, and landing on his neck. (TLT)

Percy jumped on the creature’s tail and ran up his spine. The monster thrashed around, his hide shedding water all over the place, but somehow Percy managed to keep his footing. The guy must have practised gymnastics or something.(D&M)

Part of their problem was Percy. He fought like a demon, whirling through the defenders’ ranks in a completely unorthodox style, rolling under their feet, slashing with his sword instead of stabbing like a Roman would, whacking campers with the flat of his blade, and generally causing mass panic. Octavian screamed in a shrill voice—maybe ordering the First Cohort to stand their ground, maybe trying to sing soprano—but Percy put a stop to it. He somer saulted over a line of shields and slammed the butt of his sword into Octavian’s helmet. The centurion collapsed like a sock puppet. (SoN)

He should receive limited telepathy through his empathy link with Grover

Weapon Mastery with a sword

After lunch, I worked out in the arena with Apollo’s cabin. Swordplay had always been my strength. People said I was better at it than any camper in the last hundred years, except maybe Luke. People always compared me to Luke. I thrashed the Apollo guys easily. I should’ve been testing myself against the Ares and Athena cabins, since they had the best sword fighters, but I didn’t get along with Clarisse and her siblings, and after my argument with Annabeth, I just didn’t want to see her.
Resistance to Electricity Manipulation

Argh!" Thalia pushed me, and a shock went through my body that blew me backward ten feet into the water. Some of the campers gasped. A couple of the Hunters stifled laughs. "Sorry!" Thalia said, turning pale. "I didn't mean to—" Anger roared in my ears. A wave erupted from the creek, blasting into Thalia's face and dousing her from head to toe. I stood up. "Yeah," I growled. "I didn't mean to, either." Thalia was breathing heavily. "Enough!" Chiron ordered. But Thalia held out her spear. "You want some, Seaweed Brain?" Somehow, it was okay when Annabeth called me that—at least, I'd gotten used to it—but hearing it from Thalia was not cool. "Bring it on, Pinecone Face!" I raised Riptide, but before I could even defend myself, Thalia yelled, and a blast of lightning came down from the sky, hit her spear like a lightning rod, and slammed into my chest. I sat down hard. There was a burning smell; I had a feeling it was my clothes. "Thalia!" Chiron said. "That is enough !"I got to my feet and willed the entire creek to rise. It swirled up, hundreds of gallons of water in a massive icy funnel cloud. (TTC)

“Percy!” Piper yelled. “Jason’s your friend. Drop your weapon!” Percy’s sword arm dipped. Piper might have been able to bring him under control, but unfortunately Jason got to his feet. Jason roared. A bolt of lightning arced out of the clear blue sky. It ricocheted off his gladius and blasted Percy off his horse. Blackjack whinnied and fled into the wheat fields. Jason charged at Percy, who was now on his back, his clothes smoking from the lightning blast. For a horrible moment, Piper couldn’t find her voice. Gaea seemed to be whispering to her (MoA)
“He must die.” Jason turned his attention back to Percy, but Percy had recovered more than either of them realized. He swept out his leg and knocked Jason off his feet. (MoA)
He should get limited resistance to Illusion Creation based on being able to see through the mist

“Yes. Read The Iliad. It’s full of references to the stuff. Whenever divine or monstrous elements mix with the mortal world, they generate Mist, which obscures the vision of humans. You will see things just as they are, being a half-blood, but humans will interpret things quite differently. Remarkable, really, the lengths to which humans will go to fit things into their version of reality.” (TLT)
Out of these, Enhanced Senses, Resistance to Disease, Extrasensory Perception, Precognition, and resistance to illusion creation should be given to all demigods since they are general abilities, not ones specifically associated with his parenthood

Looks good. But I think it would be good to at least add in the explanation of last resistance that he can see through the glamour that makes Tyson look like he has two eyes by focusing on them. Cause, maybe in future, someone might think that the Mist was programmed to affect only humans, and since demigods are …. demigods, the Mist wouldn't work on them; and open something like 'Sassian Quest to Downgrade Peter Johnson'.

Looks good. But I think it would be good to at least add in the explanation of last resistance that he can see through the glamour that makes Tyson look like he has two eyes by focusing on them. Cause, maybe in future, someone might think that the Mist was programmed to affect only humans, and since demigods are …. demigods, the Mist wouldn't work on them; and open something like 'Sassian Quest to Downgrade Peter Johnson'.
Yeah, sounds good to add
Sleep manip sounds good, what other resistances would apply then for the mist thing?

Perception manip and reality warping
This quote alone is enough justification for both

JASON HATED BEING OLD.
His joints hurt. His legs shook. As he tried to climb the hill, his lungs rattled like a box of rocks.
He couldn’t see his face, thank goodness, but his fingers were gnarled and bony. Bulging blue veins
webbed the backs of his hands.
He even had that old-man smell – mothballs and chicken soup. How was that possible? He’d gone
from sixteen to seventy-five in a matter of seconds, but the old-man smell happened instantly, like
Boom. Congratulations! You stink! (Blood of Olympus)

Reality warping is a bit more iffy but I'm still in favor, would it be limited or full?

Reality warping is a bit more iffy but I'm still in favor, would it be limited or full?
Full
Demigods have no issues seeing through the Mist in its "natural" state. Which is potent enough to work on humans
What they have issues with (and not even all the time) is when the Mist is being manipulated by others e.g Thalia, Hazel etc. Which should count as a layer of manipulation
Basically
Humans<"Base" Mist<Demigods<"Controlled" Mist

Full
Demigods have no issues seeing through the Mist in its "natural" state. Which is potent enough to work on humans
What they have issues with (and not even all the time) is when the Mist is being manipulated by others e.g Thalia, Hazel etc. Which should count as a layer of manipulation
Basically
Yeah this could work as well

Full
Basically
Fair
Layered Reality warp + perception manipulation then

Back