• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adamantium downgrade

We know its a fact that Adamantium is not absolute as it can be melted downwith enough heat. Shouldn't there be a cal for this rather than giving Wolverine durability negation?

Are you referring to back in X-Men Orgins Wolverine, X2, or The Wolverine?

It's stated that it can be found in a liquid state but once harden it is nigh-indestructible. Where have we seen it melt? It was cut down in The Wolverine but that was heated Adamantium vs Adamantium, besides in that same movie Logan tanked the heat of a nuke and the Adamantium didn't melt.

Welp, considering that heating something would negate the durability of adamantium I woukd say it can be melted, but not sure how much heat is needed, there hasn't been any indicator about that.

@Nico, X2, my memory is a little fuzzy but does striker actually say "found" or "get" when refering to the liquid state?

EDIT: he says he processed it into its liquid form.

I believe that the Adamantium in that state was quite different to when it's already in Logan. IF it can be melted then we have no idea at what temperature since we saw it tank the nuke easily.

Don't think that the temperature at that distance were enough to melt metal as iron or steel, it only caused heavy superficial burns and it didn't melt the metal door.

I suppose you're right or it could just be PIS since the explosion occurred within an observable distance.

Bottom line he does NOT tank a nuke.

Isn't there someone who could theorise/calculate the tempature striker used based off the container it was in or something? Failing that, take his best featand scale him to that.

He only tanks a portion of that nuke explosion.

Also, no, Adamantium has never been melted in the movie, not even once. You can, however, cut through adamantium with another superheated adamantium blade.

Back