• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adam Taurus vs Vergil (Devil May Cry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are at their 8-A forms. The fight takes place on an MCU helicarrier above New York City (because why not?).

Speed Equalized

I was hoping this could be made without equalizing speed. Do you think it's a required?

Well, as much as I'd love to make more matches with characters of equal/close enough speed, if you're truly worried about a blitz you should equalize speed.

If speed isnt equalized then Adam would blitz before Vergil even gets a chance to use Devil Trigger

DT Vergil is still 8-A, and with equalized speed the boost Vergil would normally get from DT is nullified

I....Don't really follow.

Yes Adam would likely blit, but Vergil would activate DT unless Adam would kill with one shot. Plus, if we equalize it's a Hax stomp.

I think Vergil is much more haxed that adam so my votes goes to him

Ah btw DT is still the same tier as base Regardless of which DMC character you use , DT power the characters up but to unknow amount "they power up like 10x times at best " so it's not like they are on millions of times stronger with their DT so yeah DT Vergil is still 8-A here

I prefer that too but when the first two comments of a thread tell you to equalize speed then you kinda have to

Natsu vs Kenshiro?

I'd say unequalize it, Vergil should still win via DT Hax. If anyone says he'll blitz. I'll counter it accordingly.

So... both are hypersonic with MHS reaction Speed

Someone can explain why speeds should be equalized?

Vergil has much more hax, he takes this one

Vergil is Hypersonic+ outside DT.

That being said, unless Adam kills Vergil before he enters, which some can argue he can, Vergil will kill.

Personally I say reset/remake the thread and not equalize speed. (I prefer deleting this and remaking it)

Vergil is Hypersonic+ outside DT

And Adam has MHS only in reaction

Explain to me how exactly he will blitz Vergil using his reaction speed...

@Kyo Adam is MHS in reactions AND combat speed, meaning the speed at which he fights as well as burst speed

I would say Vergil wins on account of his regen, mostly. He also has an advantage in lethal range via judgement cut and summon swords. And his extra weapons would help a little. Even if speed wasn't equalised his regen gives him an advantage.

If Adam goes for the head, which I've never seen him do. This isn't bloodlusted.

Once he does, Vergil will likely go DT, heal the wound, and bombard Adam with Judgement cuts, Rapid Slashes, Beuwolf Dive kicks from teleports, force Edge attacks, and his Super DT attacks.

It's a better matchup if speed is Unequalized instead of Equalized, Vergil has a huge Hax, versatility, and skill advantage, Adam has his speed.

I vote Vergil even with Unequalized.

WeeklyBattles,

well Dante and Vergil cut each other in half a few times and their regen healed it so fast they weren't cut in half, if that makes sense. The same should ring true for if Adam slashes his neck.

@Random Vergil's regen is Low-Mid, meaning he can survive lethal wounds but can still be killed by decapitation, so no it would not be the same when Adam goes for the decapitation

As I said, it's hard to decapitate him when the wound seals shut faster than his parts can come off. The reason he can't be rated as able to survive decapitation is because he's never regrown or reattached a severed head, but that doesn't mean his almost instant regen is meaningless just because the strike is going for decapitation. If he was looking at getting his head splattered I'd agree with you, but...

Has he beheaded during a fight? That's one time he does it and he is kinda blood lusted considering he's fighting his former partner he he has lots of hatred for. Almost every other time he aimed at the chest, especially in the black trailer.

DT in DMC is an instant startup when you first get it, and once Vergil activates, Adam will not survive. Aura means nothing to Yamato and Vergil has an unbelievable advantage in....Well everything except for speed.

Unless Adam's first attack decapitates, Vergil wins with unequalized speed.

@Random You do know that Adam is over 14 times faster than base Vergil right? Vergil wont even be able to react before Adam takes his head off. And yes it kinda does, if he hasnt shown to be able to regenerate from that kind of attack then it's assumed that he is unable to.

@Gargoyle In the Black Trailer his opening move was a decapitation attack.

With unequalized speed Adam will kill Vergil before he gets a chance to activate it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back