• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adam Taurus vs Vergil (Devil May Cry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gargoyle And? He still opened with decapitating the first enemy he came across.

@Random We assume that once the head/brain is severed from the body it stops regenerating.

Holy shit my grammar failed hard right there. Hold on.

EDIT: Okay, I highly doubt a sword is going to fly faster then a bullet which poses zero threat to RWBY characters in the first place.

That is fair enough, but there's an issue. If removing the head entirely is how that's achieved, it's hard to do that with the regen mending the damage instantly. If severing the spine is the method, that actually won't do anything in this context, since he and Dante cut through each other's spines multiple times and they still heal instantly. It seems somewhat unlikely that Adam cutting through Vergil's neck will actually take his head off.

Edit: great. This is the way I take too long to write and lose context. Sorry, you two.

@Gargoyle That attack can hit MHS characters so...

@Random Fast enough to heal almost instantly...against Hypersonic+ attacks. Vergil's attacks will be going 14x faster than that.

When has that gun attack hit an MHS character?

Also wrong, Vergil heals while fighting Dante in quicksilver and survives.

@Random Yeah i get that part, im just saying that with speed UNequalized Vergil doesnt stand much of a chance even with his larger arsenal and regen solely because the way Adam tends to open a fight is with an attack that Vergil cant regenerate from and with a speed that he cant combat unless he starts the fight in Devil Trigger

If he fought Dante with Quicksilver then that should probably be brought up in a content revision thread as that would just make him a solid MHS

So at least we can agree his regen isn't irrelevant to decapitating him otherwise. It's the speed that's the issue, not that his neck doesn't regenerate very fast and keep his spiky head attached, which it logically should normally. Okay well speed is equalised so his regen would give him the win in this thread.

Of course Gargoyle rose an interesting point about Quicksilver. I have no input there.

Edit: too slow again. Sorry again.

He can't react to Dante in quicksilver. His MHS reactions comes from reacting to Quicksilver Dante in DT, outside of that though he doesn't, but he still survives the attacks and even ties with quicksilver Dante in their second fight.

DMC3 profiles are kind of a mess TBH, his hypersonic+ speed comes from a questionable feat where Dante is basically falling in style.

WeeklyBattles said:
If he fought Dante with Quicksilver then that should probably be brought up in a content revision thread as that would just make him a solid MHS
He did, that's where his MHS reactions come from.

My point is he's SURVIVED attacks from Quicksilver Dante while outside of DT, I don't expect it to work here unless Adam uses his semblance which he won't use.

Gargoyle 1 said:
He can't react to Dante in quicksilver. His MHS reactions comes from reacting to Quicksilver Dante in DT, outside of that though he doesn't, but he still survives the attacks and even ties with quicksilver Dante in their second fight.
DMC3 profiles are kind of a mess TBH, his hypersonic+ speed comes from a questionable feat where Dante is basically falling in style.
But Base Vergil reacts to Dante in Quicksilver in DMC 3 '-'

For god's sake, he even reacts to Dante utilizing Quicksilver AND with the Devil Trigger Activated, why the stats are even saying that he only has that speed in DT?

Can someone close this thread? It's got pretty old and Vergil with recent upgrades stomps Adam easily even with speed equalized.

Why would we do that when we could have just left it in the dust....Oh wait you bumped it to tell us, when we didn't need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back