• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ackermans should not scale to Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with you. I think 9-A dura for Pure Titans is a bit iffy since that would make Ackermans jump to 9-A even though regular humans like Bertolt can somewhat keep up with them. Pure Titans being at least 9-B+ dura is more suitable due to being much stronger than regular humans and casually breaking walls and take no damage from it. I already mentioned earlier that unhardened Shifters can destroy their own bodies with their own attacks

Pure Titans are at least 9-B+ (maybe 8-C with teeth)

Ackermans are at least 9-B+ (stronger than regular humans but not enough to fodderize all of them, can somewhat harm Titans but I believe are still weaker than 15m class)
Actually based on this quick calc I made using the scans provided in this thread Pure Titans would indeed be 9-A
Shifters scale higher into that value and scale to 8-C with hardening
Pure titans only get "Higher" with their teeth

Actually based on this quick calc I made using the scans provided in this thread Pure Titans would indeed be 9-A
Shifters scale higher into that value and scale to 8-C with hardening
Pure titans only get "Higher" with their teeth
I was mainly disagreeing Pure Titans being 9-A because that would cause Ackermans to scale to 9-A, then Bertolt somewhat can keep up one of with them he'd scale to 9-A, other warriors would also be 9-A, Eren and everyone scales to him also be 9-A. And this would make absolutely no sense whatsoever, in a verse where everyone is terrified of Pure Titans people scaling to them

We must ignore Levi's Titan-harming as an outlier due to an other Ackerman getting her attack blocked by a regular human that is Bertolt. I never bought into it anyway, it looks more like he's pushing the Titan away

I still think that no human should scale to Titans including Ackermans regardless of the feats, as that would cause nearly everyone to become 9-A

Other Ackermans but not Levi. Never has Levi been overpowered by regular human
I never said any Ackerman was overpowered by regular human, a regular human only briefly kept up with one, Mikasa. All Ackermans scale due to the same thing, they all scale to one another. Levi is not stronger than Mikasa, he is just more experienced than her due to being much older. He's not special.

The entire show almost never potrays them as strong as Titans.

I never said any Ackerman was overpowered by regular human, a regular human only briefly kept up with one, Mikasa. All Ackermans scale due to the same thing, they all scale to one another. Levi is not stronger than Mikasa.
Levi is definitely stronger than her. I agree with the 9-A scaling.

Levi is definitely stronger than her. I agree with the 9-A scaling.
Levi has more impressive feats because he has way more experience with killing titans than Mikasa. Mikasa literally was just 15 years old until Marley arc. After timeskip (it was only 4 years and still her experience wasn't anywhere near to Levi's) her feats were pretty close to Levi (maybe on par) as she fought with Warhammer Titan which is basically 3rd strongest titan after the Founder and Colossal (with nuke) and killed many ancient shifters during Battle of Heavens and Earth.

Levi has more impressive feats because he has way more experience with killing titans than Mikasa. Mikasa literally was just 15 years old until Marley arc. After timeskip (it was only 4 years and still her experience wasn't anywhere near to Levi's) her feats were pretty close to Levi (maybe on par) as she fought with Warhammer Titan which is basically 3rd strongest titan after the Founder and Colossal (with nuke) and killed many ancient shifters during Battle of Heavens and Earth.
Why Levi was at half strength because of the thunder spear explosion.

Why Levi was at half strength because of the thunder spear explosion.
I didn't say anything about that. I said that post-timeskip Mikasa's feats are pretty close or maybe even on par with Levi's feats. Levi's best feat is probably destroying Beast Titan after killing 30 pure titans in the forest, and Mikasa's best feat is fighting with multiple ancient shifters and killing like 8-10 of them (i don't remember the exact number). Those feats are pretty close i think.

No he's not, not to the point of jumping from 9-B to 9-A. There is no reason for Mikasa to be weaker than other Ackermans. End of that discussion
This seems a little fallacious. Levi is the fastest moving character, shown time and time again. So fast to the point people can't see him. Mikasa has never shown to be that fast at all, and other can even keep up with her. But if I say "there's no reason she should be slower than Levi" I have no leg to stand on. Besides, Levi had enought strength to cur through the Jaw Titan's armor, a feat Mikasa struggled with before when it came to Reiner.

It's really apparent that Levi is the God tier at least for humans throughout the whole series. No doubt he should scale to the 9-A feat. A case can be made for MIkasa Post-Timeskip to scale as well.

Bertolt and Annie.
No, they havent. Bertolt ive already explained in absurd detail and Annie never once fought Mikasa in her human form

Bertolt is quite literally Armin-level fodder in his human form, claiming that he scales to Mikasa is absolutely absurd

No, they havent. Bertolt ive already explained in absurd detail and Annie never once fought Mikasa in her human form

Bertolt is quite literally Armin-level fodder in his human form, claiming that he scales to Mikasa is absolutely absurd
If anything Bertolt's supposed "Feat" of blocking Mikasa's sword and "Hurting" her should be considered an outlier

Oh yeah I meant Titan Annie. Who got super blitzed by Levi.

Besides, Levi had enought strength to cur through the Jaw Titan's armor, a feat Mikasa struggled with before when it came to Reiner.
What do you mean by struggling? Mikasa did the same thing to Reiner. I don't see the point of this comment as both of them didn't cut their armors but muscles which is no different from cutting other titans. Also iirc Mikasa also cut Female Titan's finger muscles when her fingers were hardened.

If anything Bertolt's supposed "Feat" of blocking Mikasa's sword and "Hurting" her should be considered an outlier
Thing is thats not even what happened

He redirected her attack, knocked her off balance, got part of his ear cut off, and ran away. He didnt block anything nor did he hurt her

Oh yeah I meant Titan Annie. Who got super blitzed by Levi.
In the forest Mikasa also sort of blitzed Female Titan but couldn't kill her because of hardening. Fight scenes between Female Titan and Mikasa where Mikasa was knocked out (during 1 x 24) were anime-only, so they're not canon.

In the forest Mikasa also sort of blitzed Female Titan but couldn't kill her because of hardening. Fight scenes between Female Titan and Mikasa where Mikasa was knocked out (during 1 x 24) were anime-only, so they're not canon.
No she didn’t. Annie almost caught Mikasa with a weakened arm and Levi had to save her.

Also Mikasa can't keep her cool when Eren's in danger (like at the end of season 2 where her ribs were broken by a pure Titan), so that's probably why she was almost caught by Annie.

Also Mikasa can't keep her cool when Eren's in danger (like at the end of season 2 where her ribs were broken by a pure Titan), so that's probably why she was almost caught by Annie.
Why does that matter? If Mikasa was overwhelmingly faster than Annie, that would be an issue for her.

Why does that matter? If Mikasa was overwhelmingly faster than Annie, that would be an issue for her.
I mean she wasn't able to touch Mikasa, and Mikasa was cutting her till she felt to the ground during the first fight. Mikasa getting caught by a very weakened Annie doesn't make sense, so probably it matters.

I mean she wasn't able to touch Mikasa, and Mikasa was cutting her till she felt to the ground during the first fight. Mikasa getting caught by a very weakened Annie doesn't make sense, so probably it matters.
You don't need to be overwhelming faster to dodge an attack. Hell, you don't even need to be faster than the attack itself. A lot of out bullet/laser dodging calcs has the characters being slower than the actual projectile. It all depends on distance.

In this shot right here, we see Mikasa can dodge Annie's attack, but because Annie is so far away, Mikasa would have a much easier time dodging it.
However, in this shot, where Annie is at a much closer range, Mikasa is shown incapable of dodging it, yet Levi saves her despite being at a much farther range.

Levi is 100% faster than Mikasa.

You don't need to be overwhelming faster to dodge an attack. Hell, you don't even need to be faster than the attack itself. A lot of out bullet/laser dodging calcs has the characters being slower than the actual projectile. It all depends on distance.

In this shot right here, we see Mikasa can dodge Annie's attack, but because Annie is so far away, Mikasa would have a much easier time dodging it.
These are very close range fights, and in anime (i.e. in motion) it was shown that she wasn't just running but also attacking to Mikasa but Mikasa dodged all of these attacks and simulatenously was cutting her.
Levi is 100% faster than Mikasa.
Yeah he's faster but the difference between them isn't as big as the difference between 9-B and 9-A.

That's because she specifically lured her into attacking her Nape and knew she was going to attack.
Also Levi stopped her attack on Mikasa, That's more evidence towards him being 9-A

You didn't explain a thing, you just denied obvious feat of Bertolt blocking Mikasa's attack and visibly hurting her with a kick. You're still in denial but everyone else can see the feat.

I honestly don't care what they will scale to as long as they are not 8-C, that is just absurd

No she didn’t. Annie almost caught Mikasa with a weakened arm and Levi had to save her.
That was when annie was already blinded and annie already expects someone aiming for her nape and limitations if 3DMG gas expulsion would need mikasa to decelerate to avoid and her hooks wasnt attached at that time afaik

Levi kicks away female Titan's hand, and breaks his own leg while doing so. Also, at that point Female Titan is severely weakened and exhausted, she can barely move.
She isn't weakened she is restricted in movement because her tendons are cutted off except her other hands.
When titans are exhausted their regeneration slows down not their physical capability. And since most human vs titan fights involved hitting pressure points to disable movement. Their regeneration is crucial to their functions

She isn't weakened she is restricted in movement because her tendons are cutted off except her other hands.
When titans are exhausted their regeneration slows down not their physical capability. And since most human vs titan fights involved hitting pressure points to disable movement. Their regeneration is crucial to their functions
They even say she's weakened, and Levi still breaks his leg while blocking her, and this was also her second transformation. I didn't say this to discredit the feat, but just added that Female isn't at her peak and Levi still breaks his leg

I personally don't mind 9-A scaling. Ackermans and Pure Titans can be 9-A, Bertolt and anyone scales to him (other warriors, Eren, and anyone scales to them) can be at least 9-B, downscaling from Mikasa due to Bert blocking her attack and not getting oneshotted by her

Would you people agree?

They even say she's weakened, and Levi still breaks his leg while blocking her, and this was also her second transformation. I didn't say this to discredit the feat, but just added that Female isn't at her peak and Levi still breaks his leg

I personally don't mind 9-A scaling. Ackermans and Pure Titans can be 9-A, Bertolt and anyone scales to him (other warriors, Eren, and anyone scales to them) can be at least 9-B, downscaling from Mikasa due to Bert blocking her attack and not getting oneshotted by her

Would you people agree?
Seems good, i agree.

Would you people agree?
I agree with this. I don't necessarily think all Ackerman's should scale exactly to each other though.
It's clear in the beginning that Levi is better in every way than Mikasa.
However I also believe there's solid ground for Mikasa scaling to 9-A post Timeskip

I agree with this. I don't necessarily think all Ackerman's should scale exactly to each other though.
It's clear in the beginning that Levi is better in every way than Mikasa.
However I also believe there's solid ground for Mikasa scaling to 9-A post Timeskip
Yes but I think that's mostly an experience thing, Levi is a grown man while Mikasa is 15 years old, I'd say timeskip Mikasa is relative to Levi now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back