• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ackermans should not scale to Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it is inconsistent art but I'd take realistically sized windows next to properly sized 15 m Titans than assume they're 20 m+ and that the windows are gigantic when they shouldn't be, be it due to the time period or because we never see windows that huge in AoT, at least in buildings within the three walls.
Going by your measurements the window would be 1.95 feet wide and 3.14 tall which even in real life is considered small not to mention the other points I'm about to bring up
I'm aware, but it's either we go with the size of the windows measured next to Reiner to find the hole from outside in the panel where we first see the hole in the wall or find a panel where you can more properly calculate how tall the floor is. 'cause using modern storey measurements does not work here, especially with the poor art AoT is stuck with.
Except assuming the floor height is the best thing we can do in this situation. Just looking at the shots that we used to find the window sizes is enough to tell you that the floors are clearly pretty high and completely disprove your found height from above.
All show something more closely resembling a 14 foot floor rather than a human sized floor and 3 foot high windows

Your trying to Justify the SINGLE instance of the windows being to big vs the MULTIPLE instances of something more closely resembling a 14 foot floor not to mention your proposed sizes result in everything including objects being less than half their normal sizes.

While my version isn't perfect it still more accurately depicts what was shown inside the building and requires less absurd assumptions.
As well as not requiring multiple different panels to scale the size.

Going by your measurements the window would be 1.95 feet wide and 3.14 tall which even in real life is considered small not to mention the other points I'm about to bring up

Except assuming the floor height is the best thing we can do in this situation. Just looking at the shots that we used to find the window sizes is enough to tell you that the floors are clearly pretty high and completely disprove your found height from above.
All show something more closely resembling a 14 foot floor rather than a human sized floor and 3 foot high windows

Your trying to Justify the SINGLE instance of the windows being to big vs the MULTIPLE instances of something more closely resembling a 14 foot floor not to mention your proposed sizes result in everything including objects being less than half their normal sizes.

While my version isn't perfect it still more accurately depicts what was shown inside the building and requires less absurd assumptions.

@Dark-Carioca

What do you think about the last post above?
@Dark-Carioca

@Therefir @Mr._Bambu

What do you think about this?

I can't be the only one who is annoyed that when a thread is nearly finished someone finds a way to drag it out.
Could you evaluate my reasoning for the new calc and the calc itself?

My reasoning for using average story height instead of window height is because even if we highball the windows size to the highest possible level we still end up with entire floors being 7. 2 feet which shown by the images I provided in the above comments is clearly not the case.
The original calc with the titans height also got a floor height of 7.3 feet.

After this we can close the thread

I know I missed a lot but I always questioned how Hannes manage to do this. There was also that one time base Eren managed to open a titan's jaw, like what was Isayama smoking...?
Eren one could be lifting strength and he was using the Blade handle so it doesn't tear through his skin etc.

Hannes, seriously I have no idea. but if I'm gonna lowball it the Titan is simply going for a grab and simply reacted to it. regular titan's seems to have really slow action processing speed

Thank you very much for helping out, Therefir.

So what is left to do here in order to finish this revision thread?

Why is Mikasa 9-B? I think it was agreed that she should be 9-A. Also after looking at Levi's profile now i don't think that Ackermans should be 9-A.

-The only feat for Levi's 9-A AP is him "kicking" a pure Titan whose size is unknown. We don't even know if it's a 15-meter class. And we don't even know that if he was kicking it (to me it seems like he was pushing away that Titan). In anime version of that scene (basically that scene in motion) there wasn't even a kick.

-Female Titan's tier is at least 8-C. Why blocking an attack from her considered as a 9-A feat?

-Thunder spear feat is huge outlier and should be removed.

Last edited:
Why is Mikasa 9-B? I think it was agreed that she should be 9-A. Also after looking at Levi's profile now i don't think that Ackermans should be 9-A.
Because after much debate it was agreed upon that while she was superior to scout members, she is still far inferior to Levi as well as not showing any feats on that level unlike Levi. There's also one Anti-Feat of her getting "Hurt" by Bertolt which I don't consider.
Once she gets a Timeskip key though then she should probably scale to 9-A
-The only feat for Levi's 9-A AP is him "kicking" a pure Titan whose size is unknown. We don't even know if it's a 15-meter class. And we don't even know that if he was kicking it (to me it seems like he was pushing away that Titan). In anime version of that scene (basically that scene in motion) there wasn't even a kick.
We go by manga here and in the manga all the titans shown around eren at the time were around his size so 15 meters
Yes we don't know for sure but we also don't know how big the titan was that broke the window so for all we know 10 meter titans can do 9-A feats

Also it's really hard to ignore the blood gushing out of his mouth after the kick.
Even if that doesn't convince you it has been agreed upon by the majority on this thread so If you want to change that make another thread
-Female Titan's tier is at least 8-C. Why blocking an attack from her considered as a 9-A feat?
He downscales because he did break his ankle doing that.
-Thunder spear feat is huge outlier and should be removed.
I agree with this but for different reasons.
I plan to make a CRT in the future explaining why 8-B via harming the Colossal Titan is ridiculous.
Piercing and slicing damage exists in AOT

Because after much debate it was agreed upon that while she was superior to scout members, she is still far inferior to Levi as well as not showing any feats on that level unlike Levi. There's also one Anti-Feat of her getting "Hurt" by Bertolt which I don't consider.
Once she gets a Timeskip key though then she should probably scale to 9-A

We go by manga here and in the manga all the titans shown around eren at the time were around his size so 15 meters
Yes we don't know for sure but we also don't know how big the titan was that broke the window so for all we know 10 meter titans can do 9-A feats

Also it's really hard to ignore the blood gushing out of his mouth after the kick.
Even if that doesn't convince you it has been agreed upon by the majority on this thread so If you want to change that make another thread

He downscales because he did break his ankle doing that.

I agree with this but for different reasons.
I plan to make a CRT in the future explaining why 8-B via harming the Colossal Titan is ridiculous.
Piercing and slicing damage exists in AOT

Agreed

Okay. I will close it then.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back