• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Accelerators Multi continent dura doesnt even take into account his vector shield. So he has quite a bit of power in his defenses

So the only issue is jangle of time I think it is? Quicksilver iirc is a timeslow and even if used Accelerators calculations should still be able to function (especially given this is his angel form) and reflect the Yamato sword

Ill go with Accelerator medium diff due to his remote vector control

Either Accelerator touches Dante with his wings and disintegrates him or Dante stops time and slashes with Yamato.

I give it to accelerator because I feel like he's willing to do that first.

Unless he doesn't and Dante stops time.

@Gargoyle 1 I have to disagree since on Accelerator's page it says that the wing will only appear if his emotions run out of control or if he's cornered in a fight so it probably could be argued that Dante could kill him before he grows his wings.(1)Dante could use quicksilver silver to slow down time and make himself faster and go to town with yamato (or any other weapon) so Accelerator's shield shouldn't be able to react into time since it could be bypassed if he can't percieve it or (2)Dante could add devil trigger and quicksilver together to make himself even more faster albeit at a cost of more energy and then kill Accelerator that way or (3) Dante could just slow time and seal him.

But if Accelerator's does grow his wings then it could be Dante's lost if he can't seal him.But I don't think that will happen since what Im getting from Accelerator is that he is a defensive charactar and that where he shines at so he is probably a character that stays on the defensive and use his attack reflection to reflect the damage done to the shield back to his opponenets so Dante would probably start the fight out by trying to attack Accelerator but failing miserably and then he would probably try to bypass the shield with speed so then he does the thing I said earlier at "1" or "2" and either kill Accelerator instantly or badly damage him forcing him use his angel form and then Dante would either (3) or Accelerator would use his wings on Dante which I think is the only way he could kill Dante if Im not mistaken.

Then again this is all just based on if Im understandin Accelerator's profile correctly and so if I had to chose I would have to go with Dante right now unless convinced otherwise.

So my vote is with Dante at least atm

wow I didnt think I typed that much ehhh whatever I got to go to bed

@Dienomite22 Accelerator starts in Angel mode. (He has his wings and halo) Time slow will not allow Dante to hit with Yamato. His calculations will still be running and be able to reflect it. His barrier is at least ftl. Dante needs a proper timestop.

Accelerator can also just turn his hand and rip Dante to pieces on the spot. He is much more versatile here and thats why I give him the win

Gargoyle 1 said:
I'm not entirely sure how fast Dante will use bangle of time once he fights Accelerator for a bit.
Accelerator will oneshot. He won't get the chance to use it.

Yes. If Dante was able to hold on for just a bit to know how strong he was he would win, but if it's a one shot then he can't.

I'm not saying it's a stomp however.

@Aizen

According to his profile, Dante is able to completely stop time with the Bangle of Time, so Accelerator might be done for if he pulls that out.

That said, it only appeared in the first Devil May Cry game as later games preferred the use of Quicksilver, so make that of what you will.

Given that Dante has no way of knowing about Accelerator's Redirection, the latter might also one-shot if he gets in range first.

@Gargoyle

Fair enough, but that doesn't upgrade Quicksilver to a Time Stop.

So it depends on which one Dante pulls out first, or whether he'll start with time stop at all.

@Gargoyle

The thing is, Dante does tend to screw around before getting serious and bringing out the big guns.

Not necessarily, he still has yet to show holding back against actually strong opponents.

-Went all out against Vergil in both DMC3 and 1

-Went all out against Arkham

-Went all out against Mundus in both DMC1 and the DMC2 novel

Thing is, Dante has never once heald back in a dangerous situation against opponents near his level, he's not Esdeath.

In fact even against opponents not near his level he's shown to go all out, such as when he DT'd against Abigail and One shotted him.

Why would he hold back against some of Accelerators caliber?

@Gargoyle

1) After Vergil had already impaled him once and made it clear that they were enemies.

2) Was using Sparda's power, thus giving Dante a reason to be serious.

3) Sworn arch-nemesis of his father, of course he'd be serious.

When looks at Accelerator, he'll see a scrawny crippled albino teenager until the wings come out.

That's not even mentioning the fact that this version of Accelerator can manipulate vectors from a distance and can obliterate matter.

1) I mean have you seen the opening scene? That's not Dante holding back at all.

2) Is that relevant? Dante's made it clear he doesn't care about his father, though he does have respect for him.

3) True

Until he actually fights Accelerator and realizes hey this guy is strong.

@Gargoyle

When they start fighting, Accelerator's Angel Form can just freeze Dante in place by manipulating the vectors around Dante's body before ripping to shreds at the atomic level.

Precisely why I voted for him :p

EDIT: Oops, I didn't make my comment clear enough, I vote Accelerator for reasons above

@Dieno

Once Accel's in Angel Form he's done screwing around and goes for the kill since he has people to protect.

Accel in general after losing against Kihara,stopped been an arrogant prick and always uses the power needed to defeat his enemies.

Tbh this match can go either way, Dante usually doesn't takes fight very seriously and this can lead to his death as Accel will do what just Reppu has already stated.

I don't think Dante taking the fight seriously is a problem seeing as he would know something is clearly wrong if all his attacks are reflected back at him.But im taken from what you guys are saying is that Accelerator will go all out from the start with angel form is that right? Because if that's the case he definitely would win against Dante but if that's not how he starts out his fights then couldn't Dante be like "ohh crap none of my attacks aren't going through wth" and then try using the yamato which I doubt Accelerator will expect bypass his vector shield and instantly kill him or badly damage him.Also Accelerator could stll takes things seriously and not go all out against Dante at the start.And finally I have a question Why can't Dante's time stop and dimension slash not work against Accelerator's vector shield?

@Dienomite

We already explained that he's going all out when he's in his Angel Form.

If they're both in range, Accelerator eviscerates Dante and prevents him from retaliating with his vectors. Dante's initial attack wouldn't work, but Accel's would.

Dimension Slashes won't work against Accelerator since he can nullify teleportation and spatial manipulation attacks by manipulating vectors in the 11th dimension that are responsible for teleportation in the To Aru verse.

oh alright I change my vote to Accelerator for reasons above

But is Accelerator's vector shield so dope that it could work in timestop?

I've already explained this, Dante has never once fought an opponent near his level and heald back, he just won't know he's his level until it's too late.

@Dienomite22

No i don't think it's possible for his vector shield to work in a time stop (he never fought against somoene who could stop time so yeah...).

Dante tend to scrwe around sometimes as it's part of his characters, he mock even He's strongest opponents sometimes, however it's not to destructive level such as Gil or esdeath

He's just overconfdietn he never hold back unless he's enimes are really fodders to him or for other reasons as in DMC4

Dude....

This was back in June and before Accelerator got his wings nerfed and before Dante's 3A forms got downgraded to High 6A. Probably better to make a new thread.

Assuming of course, that Dante having all of his hax in his High 6A version including his chronic heart doesn't make him Time Stop and call it a day....

Well, his "nerf stick" makes him stomp Accel to the high heavens unless it's specified what High 6A form.

Back