• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We get the fact that Dio is only able to use timestop up to 5 seconds here.

Then later on the same issue, he goes up to 7 seconds shown here, and then to 9 seconds here.

Given the circumstances, he really needs this.

It depends, can DIO get even stronger? I reckon the only way he could is if he drank more Joestar juice, otherwise normal blood doesn't seem to do anything for him.

But yes, in theory if he got stronger his time stop would scale.

I mean, he only got the knowledge of his Stand after J.Geil died and all, so he was pretty shitty with his stand, the same way that Jotaro timestop sucked after the timeskip

Doesn't really answer my question. The blood of thousands barely brought DIO back to his strength, both in Phantom Blood and Stardust Crusaders. If it's going to require the blood of thousands, I doubt that would qualify as combat applicable.

Sorry,what I meant is that when he fought Jotaro, his timestop got stronger in the same way that Jotaro was getting better with his own time stop

I never really considered this. I suppose there might be an upper limit to how long he'd be able to stop though, at his current strength of course. If he ever got stronger I suppose it would increase this limit.

Doesn't time stop last longer the more the user uses it? (Like how Jotaro managed to extend his time from a split second to 2 seconds then to 5 seconds)

Dio seems to believe at least that his power to stop time will continue to grow stronger indefinitely until he can stop time for minutes, hours, days, etc. until for as long as he wants.

Yeah, his Vampire Physiology means he can basically bypass the strain that it would normally put on someone, so as long as he keeps using it and practicing, he can probably just continue to extend the time indefinitely

So, I agree with putting Accelerated Development on his profile but I think that a note should be included (in a feats section maybe?) stating how his power is able to develop and why it can get stronger.

We can also used Alt World Diego as a frame of reference for his accelorated growth, because that is what a Human Dio with The World would look like, so we know it isn't inherent to The World and is an ability of DIO himself due to the use of his phisiology

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Yeah, his Vampire Physiology means he can basically bypass the strain that it would normally put on someone, so as long as he keeps using it and practicing, he can probably just continue to extend the time indefinitely
If you can find this scan for justification, then there should be no problem.

Back