• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausality in Yu-Gi-Oh?

Hello everyone, I know no profiles were made for 5D's characters, but many characters from 5D's have acausality. Basically some characters like Z-one and the three emperors (AKA the three pure nobles in the english dub) of Yliaster can casually time travel and change history/reality. They can even erase someone from existance (basically nobody will remember that person even existed, and that's what they did when they erased Clark Smith from existance and even from everyone's memory). Since some characters remember of "erased" people, and since those characters are not affected by change caused by time travel, they are acausal (I don't know if that world exists. Keep in mind I do no live in an english speaking country). An article about falsification of history in the Yu-Gi-Oh! wikia talks about that very precisely:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Falsification_of_history (be careful: they use english dub names. I'll re do the list with names from the original dub).

The following characters are naturally protected by reality manipulation (only if it's due to time travel that changed reality) because they literally exist out of time:

- Z-one (this character was also able to send cards in the form of monoliths through space and time). Z-One is also regarded as a "god" by the three emperors of Yliaster.

- Jose (AKA Jakob in the english dub)

- Lucciano (AKA Lester in the englis dub)

- Placido (AKA Primo in the english dub)

- Bruno/Antinomy

Others are protected by god-like entities.

1) Signers protected by the Crimson dragon's mark:

- Yusei Fudo

- jack Atlas

- Crow Hogan

- Aki Izayoi (AKA Akiza Izinski in the english dub)

- Ruka (AKA Luna in the english dub)

- Rua (AKA Leo in the english dub).

2) Those who are protected by the three Aesir gods' rune eyes (Odin, Thor and Loki ... those gods are said to be equal to egyptian gods btw):

- Dragan

- Brave (AKA Broder in the english dub).

- Harald (AKA Halldor in the english dub).

Also, even if they're not mentioned in the article about falsification of history, dark signers should also have acausality since they're protected by similar (but dark) god-like entities: earthbound gods (AKA earthbound immortals in the english dub) and the king of the Netherworld and have their own "marks" to protect them (similar to the signers' marks): the dark marks:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_of_the_Shadows

I'd like to know what you think of all this.

Yup. The only debatable ones are with the dark signers, but clearly all others should have acausality since they're aware of what changed and what didn't.

Anyway I'm glad someone finally replied on this thread. I was starting to think I did that for nothing.

If you need pics, you can use pics from the yu gi oh wikia: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Yu-Gi-Oh!_5D%27s_anime_characters

You have pics for the three gods of Aesir:

Thor: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/File:ThorLordoftheAesir-OW.png

Loki: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/File:LokiLordoftheAesir-OW.png

Odin: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Artworks:Odin,_Father_of_the_Aesir

Those 3 "gods" should be as powerful as the egyptian gods since they're "divine" monsters in the anime (like the egyptian gods). Also there is one character I forgot to mention: Paradox http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Paradox (main antagonist in the "Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D bonds beyond time" movie)

He should be traited like one of those who work for Z-one and should "exist out of time". Also his duel runner allows him to time travel.

just like the crimson dragon (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Crimson_Drago) they're acausal and can protect certain persons from effects of alteration of timelines (Dragan, Brave and Harald are aware of change done by time travel thanks to that protection).

Their powers can rival with the one of the crimson dragon (who can protect Yusei and others from alterations of timelines too).

and here you have the crimson dragon's abilities: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Crimson_Dragon#Abilities

Since they're divine beast type monsters in the anime, they should be equal to the 3 egyptian gods.

If their powers can rival with the one of the crimson dragon, they should (this was not shown though) be unaffected by soul manipulation abilities and protect certain persons from effects of soul manipulation (Yusei and others can't have their souls absorbed by earthbound gods thanks to the crimson dragon's protection).

They also dealt real damage to Jack and Crow during the duel and a clash between Thor and Jack's red dragon archfiend damaged the stadium.

they also have the ability to fly, and (game mechanic. So I don't know if that counts), they can all revive if they're killed at the end of the turn they're destroyed.

In the anime, Thor also has the effect to negate another monster's effect and use the negated effect for himself.

Loki has the effect to negate the activation of a spell or trap when he attacks

And finally, Odin has the effect to make himself and/or other "divine beast" type monsters unaffected by the effect of spells and traps.

Since they mainly appear in the duel between team ragnarok and team 5D's and are not as present as the crimson dragon for example, that's nearly all we know about them.

Btw: I think the crimson dragon should have a profile as well.

Well, the crimson dragon is really powerful. As shown here:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Crimson_Dragon#Abilities

It can "do anything he wishes" (that mostl ikely means he has reality warping abilities).

the dragon is a cosmic entity and as such, he should have cosmic awareness.

It apparently has destiny manipulation abilities (thanks to him, signers were gathered in the same place).

It has time travel abilities and can freely enter other timelies/realities.

As I said earlier, the dragon is acousal and is not affected by soul manipulation abilities (he can also protect signers and those around them from soul manipulation and effects of timeline alteration).

Can you please expand on the information that you just gave? Because seeing as a staff member doesn't catch interest with your structure of writing, I think it's best to re-post the info you have, just with more information, and following the guildlines.

I'll still put your "Crimson Dragon" up for profile creation

First of all sorry for the late reply: I received no mail to warn me someone replied on this thread.

Alright so you want me to put more information about the Crimson dragon. But what about the methodology? Is there a specific way for me to write information?

Like you want me to write things just as if I was creating a profile?

Like first I'll write it's probable tier

then it's name

Then it's origin etc ... not to mention it's powers (with proofs/explanations) ...

Or do you want me to follow another methodology?

Ah and also sorry in advance if what I will do is not well written. I do not live in an english speaking country so even if I do my best there might have spelling mistakes and other mistakes.

Ah also if you want me to take screenshots like I did for Yubel, don't hesitate to ask it.

Jeune fou said:
First of all sorry for the late reply: I received no mal to warn me someone replied on this thread.
Alright so you want me to put more information about the Crimson dragon. But what about the methodology? Is there a specific way for me to write information?

Like you want me to write things just as if I was creating a profile?

Like first I'll write it's probable tier

then it's name

Then it's origin etc ... not to mention it's powers (with proofs/explanations) ...

Or do you want me to follow another methodology?

Ah and also sorry in advance if what I will do is not well written. I do not live in an english speaking country so even if I do my best there might have spelling mistakes and other mistakes.

Ah also if you want me to take screenshots like I did for Yubel, don't hesitate to ask it.
What I mean by expanding a lot, is by getting a staff member, which is not me, to approve completely of your evidence. Sure, they want carefully structured posts, but that's the way it is. English isn't the first language for everyone, but I suggest making the evidence posts that you make, comparable to others, because if only you can understand the structure, then how can you expect anyone else to understand it?

Give me links, screenshots, and lore surrounding the crimson dragon, links preferred.

I already know its probable tier, but I need to make sure everyone agrees with it. That's where the proof comes in.

I happen to agree with this for a bit. All the signers are connected to the Crimson Dragon and the fact it faced against the Dark Signers and the Earthbound Immortals IIRC in the past except this seems to be like resistance to Memory Manipulation as well as Resistance to Time Manipulation for that matter for the ones listed and the dark signers will have possible resistance to those two abilities alone.

Doesnt the Bonds Beyond Time movie kinda debunk this? Yusei and Jaden's timelines were getting erased from existence from what the Time Traveler was doing in the past IIRC.

@Professor Not really as it was just Paradox intend to have the Creator of Duel Monster being erased from existence when you did assume the timelines did immediately start to get erased so it is hard to said there plus the time Manipulation by the Crimson Dragon reversed the damage as well.

Who should we inform about this thread?

Also, do you think I should edit the first post so it provides link to each mentioned character's biography?

@Jeune fou I believe LordAizenSama (A former admin of this wikia) and maybe SD as they seems to have knowledge on Yugioh. Sadly I am going to leave this wikia after the end of this month.

Would this make Yusei scalable to the crimson dragon (and other people who have shown the full signer mark at some point)?

"During the battle, the Legendary Signer came forward from the ashes of a volcano and absorbed the Crimson Dragon's vast and limitless power through Blazing Soul, and used it to defeat and seal the Crimson Devil."

// I've already informed Antvasima about this thread. However, he tells me that it should be more "clear" and "simple" in terms of describing said feats.

Yeah sorry about that: it's not easy to talk about it wihout screenshots. Perhaps I should take some screenshots. This might be more clear because I threw names without even providing links to the involved characters' pages.

Anyway like I said at least the 3 emperor of Ylliaster (+ Bruno and Z-one) who are living out of time.

the signers who are protected by the Crimson Dragon (+ the crimson Dragon himself).

And Dragan, Brave and Harald who are protected by the 3 nordic gods (+ the gods themself).

Should be acausal since they're aware of change due to someone who traveled in time (unlike the rest of humanity). Of course humans who are protected do not have this power naturally: it's due to the fact they're protected by gods who exist out of the flow of time.

Anyway yeah the main problem is the fact I talked as if everyone watched the anime (without even providing links to characters' briography).

I'll gather proofs.

Back