• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausal 5 vs. Concept Manip Type 1 but again

Jinsye

She/Her
So here's an idea.

Character A is capable of manipulating the type 1 concept of time/causality/whatnot.

Would this be enough to interact with a type 5 acausal? As far as I can see, the reason why we don't treat type 1 conceptual manipulation as bypassing type 5 acausality is due to the way the Conceptual Manipulation page is currently written.

1. Independent Universal Concepts: Such concepts are completely independent from the part of reality they govern. These concepts shape all of reality within their area of influence and at whatever level that area exists in, and everything in it "participates" in these concepts. For example, a circular object is circular because it is "participating" in the concept of "circle-ness". In this way, the alteration of these concepts will change every object of the concept across all of their area of influence, while the opposite wouldn't affect the concept.
A type 1 concept simply needs to be independent of the part of reality they govern, which does not necessarily indicate being separate from time/causality in the same sense a type 5 acausal is.

But, if the type 1 concept is of time/causality, wouldn't the concept be separated from time and causality by default and thus be type 5 acausal? I find it pretty silly that we would assume that the type 1 concept of time/causality would still be bound by time/causality, because our standards state specifically that they need to be completely independent of the part of reality they govern. Thus, the concept would be independent of all time/causal systems like a type 5 acausal would be.

So, what's up with that?

Pretty sure we don't assume two Type 5 Acausal beings can affect one another just because they're the same type of existence. Made that mistake in a vs battle assuming two transdual beings would just cancel out each other's transduality.
I mean most of acau 5 characters can interact with their own bodies so yea most of them should have ability to interact with another acau 5 chacraters

Pretty sure we don't assume two Type 5 Acausal beings can affect one another just because they're the same type of existence. Made that mistake in a vs battle assuming two transdual beings would just cancel out each other's transduality.
Fairly sure this isn't true for Acausality. If a type 5 acausal can afflict change on themselves then they should be able to afflict change on another.

against power like Acausality, NEP, Transdual, without feat it mean nothing
Yeah but in my opinion it's kind of silly to assume the type 1 concept of time is bound by time.

It wouldn't be bound by time in the same sense that an acausal 5 isn't bound by time.

This makes sense to me, unless if someone wants to explain why a type 1 concept of time/causality would still be bound by those things when by its very definition it’s supposedly independent of them.

Manipulating a concept of causality is not the same as transcending a concept of causality. But if the type 5 Acausality is in a lower reality than the type 1 concept being manipulated, it's okay for the character in the higher reality to affect the type 5 acausality. It is just a fallacy that type 5 automatically transcends all causality.
But using direct contexts instead of assumptions always leads to more accurate answers.

Why is that the case if i may ask ? I thought u can cancel out a transduality user with another transduality user (Assuming that they have the same transduality) since they are practically beings with the same type of existence.

Back