• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Absolute Zero or not?

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
1. If I froze someone in a block of ice and steam/smoke was comming from the ice, is that a sign of absolute zero?.

2. If i froze pure energy, is that a sign of absolute zero?.

2. If i froze pure energy, is that a sign of absolute zero?.

i also want to know that

LordGriffin1000 said:
1. If I froze someone in a block of ice and steam/smoke was comming from the ice, is that a sign of absolute zero?.
Nope. Absolute zero turns everything, and I mean everything, into ice. It is a temperature so low that not a single atom has energy, even the superenergetic hydrogen and helium. If smoke and steam is still rising from the ice, it isn't at absolute zero. If hydrogen and helium are frozen, water molocules which is what steam is, don't stand a chance.

ABZ when it comes to energy is more of it stopping energy from being made while its different from just freezing pure energy.

I'm sorry mate, I'd have no idea. What I know about Absolute Zero doesn't extend beyond what my Chemistry teacher taught me earlier this year. While I do remember the discussion about gasses, and would know what to do regarding them, I have no evidence with me re the second one.

My guess would be yes, but I will have to research that further.

ABZ = the complete and total lack of energy.

Freezing energy in place would be some sort of physics defying feat. At absolute zero, there would be no energy to freeze in the first place, IIRC.

Nope. Absolute zero turns everything, and I mean everything, into ice. It is a temperature so low that not a single atom has energy, even the superenergetic hydrogen and helium. If smoke and steam is still rising from the ice, it isn't at absolute zero. If hydrogen and helium are frozen, water molocules which is what steam is, don't stand a chance.

Actually, absolutely zero doesn't turn thing in to ice. It'll be an unidentifiable black mass most likely. This is because object in absolute zero can't interact with anything (including light, that's why it has black color). Also, close to absolutely zero object stays in Bose-Einstein condensate which is not solid, liquid or gas. This thing is a super liquid and act similar to plasma that falls to ground instead of flying straight up into the sky.

So, if u see something freeze, it's not close to absolute zero at all.

Back