• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About using Alive Bleach characters in debates..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAizenSama

VS Battles
Retired
So for those who don't know, theres currently a rule on the front page of this site regarding the use of no alive bleach characters in versus debates.Going by it's description, it seems that at the time this was made, they assumed the manga would be ending soon, and that many characters hadn't gotten their due updates on their profiles since their training/timeskip, so this would cause some arguments/problems in said threads they are in. however I feel theres been a few misinterpretations here:

-Bleach should not be ending any time soon, at the very least, it won't be finishing this year for sure, should it really be banned from Debates for at least this long?

-I feel as though people who aren't familiar of bleach, assumed it was ending soon because this is the last arc, so therefore it must be ending soon, However this arc has been said to be by far the biggest, and some even say longer than the rest of bleach all together.

-Most profiles are fairly solid with their updates now, and won't progress much further. like Ichibei, and even if they did, there's no real reason why it should be banned because the story, and in turn the characters, are progressing.

Well, to me it seems that the powerscaling for the Bleach profiles is quite a mess, so I am not sure.

(It would probably be good if you, Illuminati478, and other knowledgeable about the series talked it over at some point.)

In addition, were we not told that the "1000 year blood war" would be the final storyarc?

I think that restrictions on certain characters who we know are still progressing is justified, but banning ALL alive characters (Like Ichibei as you said) is kind of silly seeing as how some of them aren't going to be progressing any further.

Antvasima 1000 year blood war isn't showing any sign of finishing soon, the ban on alive bleach character was based on the assumption bleach was ending this year. However this arc is extremely slow and so it can be argued there's no point in keeping them banned. It's not a taboo subject, One Punch Man is far worse in that regard for example

Also I personally haven't seen any chaos in Bleach threads recently, most of them had usual debates. They dont generate any heat

@Ant it was said to be the final arc, but so far, its gone on for 5 years, and I see no signs of it finishing yet, especially with Kubo's pacing. at the very least, it won't be ending this year, and i don't think it should stayed banned for at least that long.

also I think alot of Issue with the powerscaling comes from Bleach's lack of DC feats and more use of Hax abilities, specifically with the sternritter.

@Sheoth I don't really see why characters who could get stronger should be banned because the story is ongoing. But I think Characters Like Yhwach could stay banned for the obvious controversy of his power

@Faisal Okay.

Although as I mentioned earlier, the statistics themselves seem quite uncertain and somewhat random, and probably need a checkthrough. Othervise they are not well suitable for versus purposes anyway.

Yeah the power scaling is off sometimes...

Ichigo intercepted post almighty Yhwach

While he himself was getting caught off guard by Yhwachs underlings

And Yhwach reacts to mimihagi while he couldn't a slower Ichigo who he should be able to predict....Wut?

Ichigo is at least MHS+ power scaling from bambietta who was barely MHS+ 1050?? And so on...

^Thats not the powerscaling issue we are talking about. I think it's more the DC/AP. and you can easily say Yhwach let him grab him. also we don't know the limits to Yhwachs power outside soulking pieces.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Yeah the power scaling is off sometimes...
Ichigo intercepted post almighty Yhwach

While he himself was getting caught off guard by Yhwachs underlings

And Yhwach reacts to mimihagi while he couldn't a slower Ichigo who he should be able to predict....Wut?

Ichigo is at least MHS+ power scaling from bambietta who was barely MHS+ 1050?? And so on...
The inconsistencies don't matter that much. It's not like all of their stats are unknown. Otherwise Toriko could be banned as well since powerscaling is all over the place over there too. And that's not a good reason to keep them banned. If people can't argue against hax that's their problem

Well, all right. It seems like we could open them up for versus debates then.

You can't because there's no reason he'd let him when he should've been able to foresee him and yoruichi standing in his way

Antvasima said:
Well, all right. It seems like we could open them up for versus debates then.
Well keep Yhwach banned since his power is regularly called NLF. For the rest I agree, it's unfair to keep them banned. Sheoth said Toriko has powerscaling issues but Toriko is open

@Faisal

Don't mistake me I could care less whether there banned or not tbh I'm just stating that the power scaling is inaccurate is all

^whatever dude, I would appreciate if you treated all verses the same way. I don't get that impression from you, sorry to say

Faisal Shourov said:
^whatever dude, I would appreciate if you treated all verses the same way. I don't get that impression from you, sorry to say
We have our preferences but within the big 3 it's op > Naruto > bleach for me however also...i dont get that impression from you either or most for that matter..

^i dont want to get personal but that's something new Im hearing. nobody has ever called me biased on this site so far

Everybody calm down and try to be nice please.

^That kind of logic is very fallicious though, it's like saying "Ban Goku, hes in a fight right now" if the time comes that they get better feats and upgrades, ok, we deal with that when the time comes.

Although I can agree to Yhwach staying away from VS battles for awhile.

LordAizenSama said:
^That kind of logic is very fallicious though, it's like saying "Ban Goku, hes in a fight right now" if the time comes that they get better feats and upgrades, ok, we deal with that when the time comes.
Although I can agree to Yhwach staying away from VS battles for awhile.
It's different, because Bleach characters are using new abilities in their current fights and they are not just punching a new stronger enemy.

Well, this seems to be conclusive then. I can change the front page rule to only Yhwach if you wish?

the potential for them using new abilities does not mean they should be banned.. may aswell ban every Ongoing story ever, because they may use something new.

@Ant Yes please if you could

I think that you are exaggerating a little bit. My proposal is to wait until their fights are over, but you are talking about banning entire stories (I've never said something like that)

Yes.

Anyway, since this topic seems to be concluded, I should probably close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back