• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the requirements for tier 1's.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Apparently this has been in my mind for quite some time since the discussion about how everybody's tier 1's have been made was talked about the other day(or week), particularly it's about the bytes part.

Long story short, i've been thinking about maybe we could try lowering the bytes requirement to like where someone may not need to write so many things on detailing their characters powers and techniques. Basically just lessen the amount to a very reasonable number. Though i should also point out that the tier 1 requirement shouldn't apply to those they may know how to make a very good tier 1. As in, if the page is very detailed, it should stay regardless of if the person reached the required minimum or not. But on the otherhand, if the page is crappy and not detailed well enough, i will delete it with no exception lest the person fixes it up as soon as possible.

Personally, i think the limit should be around 5K but i wanted to ask ya(primarilly on the bytes part) on what the minimum required should be instead of 14-15K.

Any suggestions? Note that this is if the rule still stays(which apprently it is still there, actually).

Damn. So 4 people including me thinks that 5000 btyes is a good, reasonable number. Aite, that's actually not bad. I still need to wait for more like EVenom, Perpetual, and even the admins.

@WheelSecond: Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I could still bump it up to like 6K at best if it's the latter.

Interesting... 5K bytes huh... I wonder if it'll be enough to do battles between Tier 1 characters...

Wait just a sec...

PS: I didn't remove the whole rule simply because no one really looks at the rules and regulations pages and also because I haven't had the time to do anything...

@Ziel: That's asumming you were to really go with taking it out. Plus i made this thread because Abbadon mentioned about it lowering the btyes requirement.

If anything, depending on how much the majority really want it to be, i could set it at 5K to maybe 6-5K or idek. I kept thinking about 5K being a reasonable number(granted, this depends on how much info the creator made into their tier 1 charas.), but i wanted to know waht everyone else thinks the minimum should be at.

@Cross: It's a good thing in my opinion. Some profiles might still be a little sparse at 5k if there's a lot of formatting or something, but those might be better addressed on a case-by-case basis.

Hmmmm... I won't really argue regarding anything but. Some profile can become like this. It's over 5K bytes so it should meet the requirements it's just a crappy profile that's all...

@Ziel: No Ziel, here's the thing. If the page in question is very detailed but somehow doesn't reach the 5K requirement, then maybe the page can still stay. But the otherhand being if it does branch over 5K but is not detailed, either the creator of the page has to fix it up as soon as possible OR we have to delete it.

@Wheel: Oh okay.

@SDZiel: Alright. I hope it works out cause i will be one that will be checking any new tier 1 pages to see if they reach all of the requirements or not.

For tier 1, we talk about people beyond multiversal, right?

Anyway, i have no problem to put a limit and 5K sound reasonable.

@Stefano: Pretty much, but this is more on what minimum amounts of btyes should be than what Ziel initally came up with.

@Perpetual: So just like Stefano and the rest from the 1st three comments, 5K to maybe 6K at best is a reasonable range number then? Alright.

I think i got just about enough people, and i'll now go update the rules.

Back