• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the Kienzan

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sword, yes. But kienzan isn’t a sword, it’s condensed Ki, and we know that a condensed Ki attack can do significantly more damage than their physicals. It’s not out of the question that it’s piercing damage.

This is literally what the Kienzan does. Whether the attack is '''sharp'' or not should be irrelevant when it follows the description of Durability Negation.
REGARDLESS OF ITS DURABILITY

A sword, yes. But kienzan isn’t a sword, it’s condensed Ki, and we know that a condensed Ki attack can do significantly more damage than their physicals. It’s not out of the question that it’s piercing damage.

REGARDLESS OF ITS DURABILITY
I READ IT. The Kienzan has ALWAYS cut its opponent regardless of their strength. The only two exceptions are from Toei, but even then the strength difference was insanely huge. Saying it SHOULD cut anything to fall under DN seems like NLF as well.

Guys calm down. This ain't even the issue, whatever it'll be called on the page the result will be the same, we can literally just ask a staff for minor stuff like this.

Not necessarily, it would just lead to piercing damage.
Yeah no , if it was just piercing damage then the special beam canon (which has higher AP) would've worked on nappa and also piccolo when cell used it on him , hell if it was just Higher AP than vegeta would've noticed krillin's power level going up like With every other technique but he didn't.

Also the death beam does piercing damage but goku didn't flinch at that but ran from the disks

I mean technically AP also depends on pressure, most of all really. So if you decrease the area by so much then your AP goes up without your power level (the force) increasing. So it could just be really OP piercing damage which works on opponents millions of times stronger than you. I personally don't care.

Yeah, my main problem is Jiren, if people are saying he just took it by the sides though then there's no contradiction.

Ok, so it doesn’t cut everything regardless of dura, so it’s not dura neg.
Give me an example of the Kienzan failing to cut its opponent in the manga.

Also, this is an extreme NLF. Even attacks that are granted DN on this site should not be expected to cut anything or anyone regradless the strength difference.

Give me an example of the Kienzan failing to cut its opponent in the manga.
I’m disputing the anime. Not the manga.
Also, this is an extreme NLF. Even attacks that are granted DN on this site should not be expected to cut anything or anyone regradless the strength difference.
Go change durability negating then. That’s the page.
Your AP can't go up without your PL also going up accordingly, idk you got that idea from
Surface Area + Piercing Damage allows you to do significantly more damage without being stronger

I'm would like to mention.

Goku Black lose he's durability negation despite having a weapon that cut through space. Because it wasn't showed to work on a stronger character.

This is actually where i believe the note at the bottom of durability negation page came from.

But kienzan doesn't get it either despite working on stronger characters constantly?

Goku Black lose he's durability negation despite having a weapon that cut through space. Because it wasn't showed to work on a stronger character.
I kinda remember the thread where he lost it , I honestly think he should have it back , they removed it not because it didn't work on sm1 stronger but because some randos said you can't neg durability via cutting space-time and some staff agreed , they ended up removing it pretty much without waiting for any opposition.

I kinda remember the thread where he lost it , I honestly think he should have it back , they removed it not because it didn't work on sm1 stronger but because some randos said you can't neg durability via cutting space-time and some staff agreed , they ended up removing it pretty much without waiting for any opposition.
Seriously......lmao.....space-time cutting isn't dura neg now.....lmao

Your AP can't go up without your PL also going up accordingly, idk you got that idea from
You’re kinda missing the point. While the tiering system is based on energy, it’d be more accurately based on pressure. For instance the power level of a bullet and a human’ punch could be comparable since they have an equal force or kinetic energy. Yet a bullet will go right through you while a punch wouldn’t, because the area it affects is smaller and thus the pressure it creates is higher. So your AP doesn’t go up, but since you have more pressure you can hurt people with a higher AP than yourself and will thus be rated at their level with your attack.

If you can cut space-time I don’t exactly see how that isn’t dura neg? Unless it’s specifically shown to not be able to cut people.
Tell that to them lmao , by the time i wanted to say anything the thread was closed and the changes were already made

Doesn’t it increase because the energy also becomes higher? That’s like double the benefit.
They both deal piercing damage , if that's how it works then vegeta would've noticed a rise in krillin's PL as he was charging it just like the makankosappo , but no it just negs durability, it's a property of the technique , plain and simple

??? Did u just say it has less surface area than the death beam ? Or are u reffering to the makankosappo ?

Cuz the kienzan was clearly shown to be thicker
Special Beam Cannon. Does the Death Beam have any shown anti-feats for not piercing through stuff?

Also, the Kienzan isn’t just a tiny, quick beam, it’s a charged up condensed blade vs a tiny finger blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back