• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the Kienzan

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i just checked it out , i thought he was LOW 2-C with KK x20 cuz that's when jiren said that he attacks got sharper but oh well , what does this tell us ?
If Kienzan can cut even with large gaps in power.... then it should be definitely be deadly for comparable combatants....and yet Jiren no selled them( if he hit the edges) so thats just resistance for him.

If Kienzan can cut even with large gaps in power.... then it should be definitely be deadly for comparable combatants....and yet Jiren no selled them( if he hit the edges) so thats just resistance for him.
Goku's also low 2-C though, wouldn't make sense for a low 2-C dura negging technique to not work on low 2-C's.
i agree with both of you , i just didn't realize goku was low 2-C in SSB

Eehh on the last one maybe its the camera angle which make that a bit harder to judge.
The camera is kinda looking from left inside to right outwards... and not to mention that disc is kinda thick when it should be thin... the bad camera angle and animation kinda gives the appearance of edge in contact with his palms...

But yeah you are right, even if it touched Jiren...thats just resistance for him not an anti feat for Kienzan.
The animation is terrible. The Kienzan can also expand. But i feel we are playing semantics no one has caught the disk or punch them everyone dodges them. They are showing Jiren isn't affected by them.

Either that or we scale Jiren to be stronger than Goku to such a degree it's a bigger gap than Krillin to Second Form Frieza?

what's bigger :

-the gap between krillin and 2nd form frieza

or

- the gap between base buu saga goku and Buutenks
Obviously Buu saga Base Goku and Buutenks

2nd form Frieza>1st form Frieza>>Captain Ginyu>Recoome>Krillin

Meanwhile

Buutenks>Super Buu>SSJ3 Goku>Fat Buu>SSJ2 Goku>Cell>SSJ Goku(50 times)>>Base Goku

But I think its more of a case of Buutenks just holding back as he wasn't expecting Goku to cut him and guns has shown to pierce through Super Buu before.Doesn't make sense for Kiezan to have such high AP

Last edited:
2nd form Frieza>1st form Frieza>>Captain Ginyu>Recoome>Krillin
This implies that Krillin would be regularly dwarf star level in the namek saga, which isn't accepted.

Doesn't make sense for Kiezan to have such high AP
It ignores durability to an extent obviously. I think it does make perfect sense considering it's specifically used by weaker people to target stronger people.

This implies that Krillin would be regularly dwarf star level in the namek saga, which isn't accepted.
Oh no,he isn't drawf star level.I was just using simple scaling chain to show difference between Krillin and 2nd form Frieza
It ignores durability to an extent obviously. I think it does make perfect sense considering it's specifically used by weaker people to target stronger people
It either ignores durabilty to certain extent or it has much higher AP.Either way doesn't make sense for base Goku Kienzan to cut Buutenks,its most likely attributed to Buutenks lower durability at that moment just bullets passing through Super Buu if he wills

It either ignores durabilty to certain extent or it has much higher AP.Either way doesn't make sense for base Goku Kienzan to cut Buutenks,its most likely attributed to Buutenks lower durability due to bullets passing through Super Buu if he wills
Isn't that maleable biology only "willed" by Fat Buu?? The Evil versions especially the Smarter ones don't allow this normally. And gap between Base Goku and Buutenks isn't that large.... as was between Krillin and Frieza. Soooooo kinda a flawed arguement to make against dura neg limitations.

Kienzan doesn't negate durability, it's just a sharp attack that's obviously different from blunt attacks, it allows to damage stronger foes, just having "higher with Kienzan" is enough.
It's like giving durability negation to all sword users.

Kienzan doesn't negate durability, it's just a sharp attack that's obviously different from blunt attacks, it allows to damage stronger foes, just having "higher with Kienzan" is enough.
6923079-ldo3.gif

This would like to have a word with you.

And this is Goku being stronger than Trunks and concentrating the energy on his finger.
Edit: Also, nothing suggests Trunks's sword is as sharp as Kienzan.

You're literally describing durability negation... It allows its user to damage much, much stronger opponents despite lacking the AP.

Isn't that maleable biology only "willed" by Fat Buu?? The Evil versions especially the Smarter ones don't allow this normally. And gap between Base Goku and Buutenks isn't that large.... as was between Krillin and Frieza. Soooooo kinda a flawed arguement to make against dura neg limitations.
Nah
Other Buu's has the same body structure,Super Buu let bullets pass through him when he willed.Looks like they do if they are normally not paying attention to attack or there is a massively weaker attack.Its far larger than the gap between Krillin and Frieza.Due to AP gap it might not look much but there is magnitude of difference between base Goku and Buutenks who is massively more than 50 times above Base Goku(Assuming we dont use SSJ2 and SSJ3 multiplier)

I don't think Kienzan is Dura Neg, it is more like Piercing Damage and Frieza, Nappa situation could be considered as they being unprepared or surprised, most of the time the attack coming from behind them and the attack aim at place like tail. The only one who is very prepare is Jiren. In Goku situation with Trunks, we could see that SSJ1 Goku is stronger than Trunks which help him a bit, and he specifically focus the Ki on his finger to block the sword which mean he know how to counter Piercing Damage.

it is more like Piercing Damage and Frieza, Nappa
Both of them take extra care to dodge these attacks later on, when they're not off-guard.
and he specifically focus the Ki on his finger to block the sword which mean he know how to counter Piercing Damage.
Kienzan is very likely more potent than Trunks' sword and I don't think that this changes anything.

Like at worst it's piercing damage that works on opponents millions of times stronger than you, which probably still warrants the name limited dura neg.

There are people who can slice molecules and atoms in half with their swords. in a sense you could see that as piercing damage as well yet it's treated like dura neg.

I don't think Kienzan is Dura Neg, it is more like Piercing Damage and Frieza, Nappa situation could be considered as they being unprepared or surprised, most of the time the attack coming from behind them and the attack aim at place like tail. The only one who is very prepare is Jiren. In Goku situation with Trunks, we could see that SSJ1 Goku is stronger than Trunks which help him a bit, and he specifically focus the Ki on his finger to block the sword which mean he know how to counter Piercing Damage.
Nappa wasn't unprepared actually the opposite. You could say that about Frieza the first time. Not the 2nd directly after. Krillin wasn't aiming for the tail with Frieza.

I don't think Kienzan is Dura Neg, it is more like Piercing Damage and Frieza, Nappa situation could be considered as they being unprepared or surprised
Nappa was NOT unprepared, he was literally preparing himself to catch it until vegeta told him to get out of the way .

Buu was in the middle of charging an attack so his durability was at it's max yet he still got cut

I mean sure but then we'd essentially need to give Goku a million times multiplier on his page when he's using the Kienzan and I'm not sure how that'd work with Jiren.

Durability Negation: The ability that allows users to damage the target, regardless of its durability. In particular, enables causing serious damage to a very strong opponent, even in the absence of large attack potency.

This is literally what the Kienzan does. Whether the attack is '''sharp'' or not should be irrelevant when it follows the description of Durability Negation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back