• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About temporal omnipresence and fate hax

This just hit me real quick. Shouldn't omnipresents on a 4-Dimensional scale, with one dimension being time, be resistant to Fate Manipulation? To explain what I mean better, think of it like this.

Say you are omnipresent throughout time, which means you exist in the past, present and future all at once. You exist everywhen and everywhere. A character who can manipulate fate tries to use their ability to fate hax you. But the fate they decided upon is a fate you already exist in since you are omnipresent throughout all of time. Because you exist everywhen and everywhere, you would continue to exist in any future the opponent's fate hax leads you to.

If you exist in all futures, then no many how many times or how many fates the user tries manipulating or altering, you will always exist in them no matter what because you are omnipresent throughout time. Shouldnt this be a resistance to fate haxes?

Depends on the potency of the Fate Hax. Higher-Dimensional capable ones would still work 100% fine on 4-D beings since they operate on a dimension higher.

Although yes, since Temporal Omnipresence means everything that will occur to you already occured to you (Seeing as you are literally time now), it should basically give a blanket Resistance to Fate Manipulation (That hasn't been proved to work on higher dimensional levels).

Shouldn't Temporal Omnipresence also have Acausality Type 4? Since they operate differently from regular beings in Causality and the events that would occur to them is already encompassed by them. This also gives them the Fate Resistance OP is suggesting.

Of course this will all have to be judged on a profile per profile basis.

Oh of course 5-D or whatever higher-D fate hax would not be effected by this. Perhaps I should have used resistance instead of immunity. But you get my point.

This thread here has accepted temporal omnipresents having Acasuality T3 so T4 coud likely be applied (if everyone agrees obviously).

I don't think it's an immunity, as much as Temporal Omnipresence just makes fatehax irrelevant (same difference, I know). After all, to the Omnipresent, the fatehax has already happened, and so has the fate. But it wasn't beaten out by this.

I don't see why the fate wouldn't be able to alter your state of existence.

Wokistan said:
I don't see why the fate wouldn't be able to alter your state of existence.
Because the omnipresent would literally BE the fate that the user tries using against them. And that would only be a small part of the omnipresent's existence since they are also the present and past along with the future.

Yeah but why would that be an issue? The fate itself already exists, and yet that's what's manipulated. If someone is fate, someone who manipulates fate should be able to manipulate them.

Not really because that assumes the fate haxer can manipulate "living fate" so to speak. And no matter what fate they alter or manipulate, the one who embodies it would still be living afterwards.

Unless the fate haxer can destroy fate.

Yeah but you don't have to kill someone to win a match with fate manip. Also is a distinction between "living fate" a thing that fiction does or

Existing as one throughout all of history. Through every infinite future, and every infinite number of past and their present. This type of existence is basically every, and all accasuality types except type 5 from the way it seems to me. I know several characters like this (A couple of which are going to need to be revised in the future). So, they should be very resistant to changes to their past, and future. Someones going to need some Higher-D Fate manipulation to affect that being.

Depends of the level of the power, Fate Manip as Probability Manipulation + Time (Event) Manipulation wouldn't work assuming the creature exist within all times, but powers that works at metaphysical level always exist, so simply being omnipresent wouldn't help you.

Back