• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About SCP-173 killing SCP-682

Nehz_XZX

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
In Revised Entry which is presumably where SCP-173 has its Duplication from it managed to kill SCP-682 by ripping it apart. Currently SCP-173's profile doesn't have anything that would allow SCP-173 to even kill Article Canon SCP-682 due to SCP-682's Regeneration which is pretty egregious since SCP-682's Termination Log implies that SCP-173 would be a potential threat to even Extended Canon SCP-682 or at least the version from the Termination Log. How do we currently treat that?

Pretty much, yeah. Although I'd wait for Saikou's upcoming revisions before we proceed with this because it upgrades 682.

Also based on context I'm not sure it's wholly implied 682 was killed by 173, only "ripped apart".

Could imply permanent incapacitation rather than full on power null into death.

682 was afraid of 173 when it came to its cell, unlike when it fought Fox milf or 106, instead of fighting it protected itself by covering itself in eyes. Which goes to show it clearly doesnt believe it could beat it in a fight. And when 682 had the eyes shot by a high powered rifle 173 ripped chunks of it.

So whilst i dont remember if there was any explicit showing as to WHY 173 would be able to beat 682, only that it is very much written to be able to.

God im disgusted at myself. Never thought id talk about scp here.

Also based on context I'm not sure it's wholly implied 682 was killed by 173, only "ripped apart".

Could imply permanent incapacitation rather than full on power null into death.
I didn't notice that. My prior perceptions about SCP-682 being afraid of SCP-173 and SCP-173's identity as the Koitern must have affected my interpretation of that. That being said, I'd say that Dr. Bright wouldn't really have much of a reason to be happy if SCP-682 simply recovered, so permanent incapacitation is pretty much guaranteed if it didn't actually kill SCP-682 though I feel like as if something like that would warrant more of an explanation and there would also be the possibility of the ripped apart pieces of SCP-682 still being dangerous.

God im disgusted at myself. Never thought id talk about scp here.
I'm not sure what your problem with SCP is but it does puzzle me why you would comment here or even take a look if that is how you feel about it.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think anything should change. We know 173 can hurt 682. Revised Entry doesn't state 173 killed 682. So nothing changes.

Yeah I don't think anything should change. We know 173 can hurt 682. Revised Entry doesn't state 173 killed 682. So nothing changes.
What would be the case with 173 incapacitating 682?

Yeah but the scan doesn't say 682 didn't regenerate, it was only ripped apart. Bright doesn't make any mention of 682 being put out of commission.

Yeah but the scan doesn't say 682 didn't regenerate, it was only ripped apart. Bright doesn't make any mention of 682 being put out of commission.
Isn't 682 regenerating a common and frustrating result though? Why would Bright think that this is a positive thing? Do we assume that 173 is constantly ripping 682 apart in an unending cycle where 682 is suffering and afraid?

Scp 2599 was ordered to kill 682 and ripped it to shred and its implied that she’d have killed it if it hadnt uttered a different command that made her stop so it isnt odd or inconsistent.

However, we ultimately dont know how scp 173 would have killed 682 or if he would have killed 682. Also am i trippin or does it say 173 cant do lethal damage to 682 🤨 on mobile so i cant tell if there are multiple logs.

Scp 2599 was ordered to kill 682 and ripped it to shred and its implied that she’d have killed it if it hadnt uttered a different command that made her stop so it isnt odd or inconsistent.

However, we ultimately dont know how scp 173 would have killed 682 or if he would have killed 682. Also am i trippin or does it say 173 cant do lethal damage to 682 🤨 on mobile so i cant tell if there are multiple logs.
Doesn't 2599 have the power of basically doing anything she is ordered to do with the caveat that she can't fully carry out her orders? That doesn't seem like a good example. 682's Regeneration makes it pretty much impossible for it to be incapacitated through physical harm, so that happening would definitely be odd or inconsistent.

Doesn't 2599 have the power of basically doing anything she is ordered to do with the caveat that she can't fully carry out her orders? That doesn't seem like a good example.
Which is why they asked her to kill 200% of him so that she would inturn kill 100% of him
682's Regeneration makes it pretty much impossible for it to be incapacitated through physical harm, so that happening would definitely be odd or inconsistent.
So whats the plan here? We just assume what causes 682 disposition towards 173 and the subsequent battering handed to 682 was caused by?

Which is why they asked her to kill 200% of him so that she would inturn kill 100% of him

So whats the plan here? We just assume what causes 682 disposition towards 173 and the subsequent battering handed to 682 was caused by?
I'm already aware of that. It doesn't make the example better as far as I'm concerned.

That's what I'm asking in the OP since this is a Questions and Answer thread.

Well id put nothing personally. Anything we do put would just be an assumption.

Well id put nothing personally. Anything we do put would just be an assumption.
Does that mean that if someone made a match between 682 and 173 we would have 682 be terribly afraid of 173 while 173 can't actually do anything to 682? I haven't read the vast majority of the associated tales but I've read/heard that there is apparently some connection between 173's identity as the Koitern and 682's disposition towards 173.

If that uber specific matchup were to occur we’d just state how theyd act towards eachother in character, and how it played out, and call it an incon.
I haven't read the vast majority of the associated tales but I've read/heard that there is apparently some connection between 173's identity as the Koitern and 682's disposition towards 173.
Again, i cant think of anything we can add due to that information that isnt assumption based. I have a decent grasp on scp lore, but nothing amazing, so if there is something to add itd be lost on me.

If that uber specific matchup were to occur we’d just state how theyd act towards eachother in character, and how it played out, and call it an incon.

Again, i cant think of anything we can add due to that information that isnt assumption based. I have a decent grasp on scp lore, but nothing amazing, so if there is something to add itd be lost on me.
Okay.

173 absolutely didn't kill 682. Ripping it to shreds won't kill it, at best put it out of commission for some time. Which is really what happened here.

Also y'all really need to leave the Koitern alone. The tale series which features the Koitern is rather old and obscure, no one on the SCP Wiki would really be referencing it or taking it into account nowadays.

173 absolutely didn't kill 682. Ripping it to shreds won't kill it, at best put it out of commission for some time. Which is really what happened here.

Also y'all really need to leave the Koitern alone. The tale series which features the Koitern is rather old and obscure, no one on the SCP Wiki would really be referencing it or taking it into account nowadays.
I know that ripping 682 to shreds wouldn't kill it but 682 suffering damage and regenerating is a pretty common result, so I'm not sure why that would be mentioned without a complaint about it surviving or regenerating again if that is what happened or is obviously going to happen. I agree with Sir Ovens though that Revised Entry doesn't explicitly say that 682 was killed and I also agree with Jibz that there is a lack of details about the things 173 is apparently capable of doing to 682.

I wouldn't know much about that but I do plan on checking out that series in the future.

I mean it was obviously just Bright being somewhat happy to see 682 getting ****** by 173, even if it wasn't lethal. I don't think that being mildly happy to see 682 get screwed must mean that it was lethal, especially considering how IF it was lethal, it would have almost certainly been pointed out. Which it wasn't, only 682 being ripped apart was.

I mean it was obviously just Bright being somewhat happy to see 682 getting ****** by 173, even if it wasn't lethal. I don't think that being mildly happy to see 682 get screwed must mean that it was lethal, especially considering how IF it was lethal, it would have almost certainly been pointed out. Which it wasn't, only 682 being ripped apart was.
682 getting physically harmed is a regular occurence, so I don't see that happening unless 682 is getting constantly torn apart without a way out or Bright somehow thinks that 173 doing that to 682 is for some reason more satisfying than what happened in all the other tests involving 682. Either way there isn't much information.

Last edited:
Considering how much of a pain in the ass 682 is to deal with, I'm sure people would be happy to see it get incapacitated for a while in such a dire situation.

Back