• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Nemesis and Darkness Yami Durability

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
Let's be honest: Since when a planet buster can be SO casual that his attacks are noly Mountain Level? Answer: Probably never.

I mean, why Darkness would have the power to destroy planets, but no the durability to survive the destruction

Yeah, something that happends, but... Considering Gid's Tier (At least Planet to at least Multi-Planet) it's actually reasonable to Nemesis to have AP and Durability at "at least Small Planet level, likely Multi-Planet level"

KaenDragneel123 said:
Let's be honest: Since when a planet buster can be SO casual that his attacks are noly Mountain Level? Answer:
Multi-Island Cell *Cough-Cough*

I suppose that this kind of seems reasonable, although wasn't Gid's attack calculated at Mountain level, and how do we know that Nemesis scales to Darkness?

If Gid was unable to hold back to extreme degrees, he would automatically destroy any planets that he were standing on just by moving. The same would hold true for most fictional characters of this level. It is a common, technically illogical, story convenience.

Nemesis IS Darkness

And Yami's Transformacion use... I dunno how to explain it

But her transformation use the Darkness, and Nemesis is pure Darkness

Also, Nemesis said that Darkness is the only capable of such feat like cut/split a planet (This is before her fight against Gid, of course)

Then why should they automatically have the same power level?

Nemesis is the Darkness Itself

And Yami's Transformation comes from Darkness

Also, Nemesis that only Darkness (Again, Nemesis is the Darkness Itself) has such power (Yami slitting Planet Kild) to do that (This is Before the fight against Gid)

I think that you misunderstand. Please show proof/scans/references that Nemesis is a metaphysical concept, or that she is Golden Darkness' power source.

http://m.*********.co/manga/to_love_ru_darkness/c039/34.html

http://m.*********.co/manga/to_love_ru_darkness/c041/21.html

http://m.*********.co/manga/to_love_ru_darkness/c041/22.html

http://m.*********.co/manga/to_love_ru_darkness/c059/34.html

http://m.*********.co/manga/to_love_ru_darkness/c059/36.html

But all that it says is that Nemesis was a prototype for, and is fundamentally different from, Golden Darkness. It says nothing about their relative power levels.

Well, you can change it to "Unknown. At least 7-B" if you wish.

I think there is an issue of misintepreting Nemesis' statement here.

Her statement about her being the Darkness itself refers to the fact that she is a lifeform born of dark matter, not the Darkness transformation Yami underwent. So yeah, that statement doesn't mean that Nemesis has Darkness Yami's stats

link

Then there is also this statement of Nemesis, where she says that Casual! Gid and Darkness Yami "stand at the same level" as her before getting owned by Gid.

This means that Casual! Gid and Darkness Yami are on the same level (Small to Multi Planet) and Nemesis scales from that. But then there is the issue of contradiction with Gid's Mountain level blast. So either Nemesis' body absorbed most of the damage, or inconsistency (which may be the case, since ecchi is TLR's main point here, not action)

For these reasons, I feel really conflicted about adjusting Nemesis' stats. Either she is

• At best City level+ for being weaker than Casual Gid, who could dish out Mountain level blasts
or

• Small to Multi-Planet level for fighting Casual! Gid, who was stated to be on the same level as Darkness Yami. The crater calculated to be Mountain level should be disregarded because Nemesis absorbed most of the attack. I think this makes more sense, considering Gid has been repeatedly stated to be Planet or Multi-Planet level

Byakushiki Setsura said:
  • Small to Multi-Planet level for fighting Casual! Gid, who was stated to be on the same level as Darkness Yami. The crater calculated to be Mountain level should be disregarded because Nemesis absorbed most of the attack. I think this makes more sense, considering Gid has been repeatedly stated to be Planet or Multi-Planet level
Absolutly this

@Byakushiki Setsura Well, given the uncertainty, I think that her current ratings mostly seem appropriate, given that they state much the same thing as you did.

^ Sorry, I don't really get what you are saying here.

But should we at least change the explanation for her AP? About the Darkness stuff?

Here is what her Attack Potency rating currently says:

"Unknown. At most City level+ via feats (Weaker than Casual Gid). Possibly higher via power-scaling (Stated to be the Darkness itself, so she might be on par with Darkness Yami)"

As far as I understand this roughly correlates with what you wrote. Or do you disagree? If so, what do you wish to change?

Well, as I said, there exists contradiction between the feat and the statement, so I don't think we should make any major change yet. Maybe just change the explanation into like this:

"Unknow, at most City level+ (weaker than Casual Gid)"

We disregard any association between her and Darkness, as I already explained above.

But I think we need to discuss more about whether or not to change her AP to Small Planet level to Large Planet level. This may take some time, since not a lot of people in this site know TLR, as long as I'm aware

I think that given that this is inconclusive, we should stick with an "At least ... Possibly ..." option.

Personally, I think Nemesis' stats should be something like this:

Attack Potency: Unknow, possibly Small Planet level to Multi-Planet level via power-scaling and statement (she stated that Darkness Yami stand at the same level as her , and briefly engaged in combat with a casual Gid, who can generate power capable of crushing Earth even in a weakened state)

Durability: Unknow, possibly Small Planet level to Multi-Planet level (the statement above indicates that she had clashed with Darkness Yami, survived a blast from a casual Gid)

I still find the durability a bit iffy. The best explanation for a crater calculated at Mountain level would be that she took most of the attack to her self, and the crater was just collateral damage.

Still, I'd like to hear others' opinion on this

I have highlighted the thread for more input.

Gid is a known planet buster and he was seriously attacking Nemesis so I think the durability is fine there. Golden Darkness...not so much yet.

Alakabamm said:
Gid is a known planet buster and he was seriously attacking Nemesis so I think the durability is fine there. Golden Darkness...not so much yet.
And where the proof of glass canon Yami?

She can be perfectly scaled via powerscaling

The burden of proof in all cases is on the person making the stats. Has she fought a serious Nemesis or Gid before?

No, but again

Exist something called "Powerscaling"

And we are using it with Darkness Yami right now

while they may have similiar attack potency that doesn't mean they automatically have the same durability. there is no proof she compares in durability, so yeah. no powerscaling.

LordAizenSama said:
while they may have similiar attack potency that doesn't mean they automatically have the same durability. there is no proof she compares in durability, so yeah. no powerscaling.
Ok, Unknow for Yami.

Well, I don't know if this scales to Darkness Yami or not, but this should somewhat support Nemesis' durability being Small to Multi-Planet level:

She stated that Gid and Darkness Yami "stand at the same level" as her AFTER taking a blast from Gid.

This statement indicates that she likely had clashed with Darkness Yami in the past, and it's logical that she'd taken attacks from Darkness Yami before and now she is comparing Gid's blast to Darkness Yami's attack

I believe this somewhat cements Nemesis' durability as Small Planet level to Multi-Planet level, with the explanation that she "survived a blast from Gid, which she compared to Darkness Yami's attack"

Again, not sure if this scales to Darkness Yami

I mean, If Yami has the power to destroy 2~3 planet

At least in this case, she should be able to survive to that?

Byakushiki Setsura said:
Personally, I think Nemesis' stats should be something like this:
Attack Potency: Unknow, possibly Small Planet level to Multi-Planet level via power-scaling and statement (she stated that Darkness Yami stand at the same level as her , and briefly engaged in combat with a casual Gid, who can generate power capable of crushing Earth even in a weakened state)

Durability: Unknow, possibly Small Planet level to Multi-Planet level (the statement above indicates that she had clashed with Darkness Yami, survived a blast from a casual Gid)

I still find the durability a bit iffy. The best explanation for a crater calculated at Mountain level would be that she took most of the attack to her self, and the crater was just collateral damage.

Still, I'd like to hear others' opinion on this
  • activates necromancy*

I think that Nemesis' statement seems ambiguous, and we do not know how much of his power that Gid used.

Back