• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Infinite Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does existing outside of the space and time continuum qualify for Infinite speed?

Also does consuming all existing timelines and eating dimensions also quality for Infinite speed aswell?

Thanks for reading.

Depends on the context.

If the character is normally confined by space-time but can exist in a void outside of it, then we'd probably have to chock it up to an outlier since they're normally constrained by time, space, and distance.

If a character naturally exists in a void where time is non-existent and spends a great amount of time there, they're infinite. (i.e. Lucemon Falldown/Chaos Mode)

If a character naturally exists outside of space-time and/or is explicitly stated to transcend it, their speed is Immeasurable. (i.e. ZeedMillenniummo)

Okay.

Solaris is Omnipresent only in time but when you fight him as Super Sonic, Super Shadow snd Super Silver the blue background looks like a void to me. Since there are no planets, stars or sun to show that they're fighting in space.

"If the character is normally confined by space-time but can exist in a void outside of it, then we'd probably have to chock it up to an outlier since they're normally constrained by time, space, and distance."

Well, it's not really an outlier, necessarily. "Moving in a void" can be a power, as I believe was discussed at some point.

Talking about that.

Would Atlach-Nacha fits into the "naturally exists ina void"? The thing spends most of its time between two universes, building a bridge.

Well, in the Japanese version of Sonic 06 Eggman says that Solaris would destroy all temporal AXES and so would wipe out the very concept of time. Considering that Solaris would thus be affecting more than one time axis, could it increase the feat?

Cropfist:

Okay. Since Solaris is nigh-omnipresent in speed meaning that he exists in the past, present and future he can make any character fade away by consuming their past timelines unless they have Acausality as their ability especially Super Dimentio.

As much as I like Game Solaris I think Super Dimentio beats him due to infinite speed unless Game Solaris's speed gets upgraded.

I think that Reppuzan explained the general issue quite well.

Regarding Solaris specifically, we tend to make a distinction between attack potency and speed, but I would appreciate more staff input.

Antvasima said:
I think that Reppuzan explained the general issue quite well.
Regarding Solaris specifically, we tend to make a distinction between attack potency and speed, but I would appreciate more staff input.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSLXOOCu69g

The Final boss fight against Solaris...If you look at the blue background it looks like a void meaning there are no planets, stars, moons, etc.

Solaris can consume all existing timelines and eat dimensions for lunch until there is no time and dimensions left so that's what I call a void.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj2Ppfb2TXo

Sonic and the Secret Rings final boss fight also took place in the void as well which is the black background.

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Solaris

Phase Two
As soon as the player can attack Solaris again, switch to Super Shadow and start charging up his Action Gauge. When it is full, launch a full salvo of Spear of Light and then Turbo Boost to either side of Solaris to avoid immediate retaliation. Super Shadow is the best hero to use in this final attack, so take extra care always to switch out before his Ring count dips below ten. Solaris increases the frequency of meteors thrown through the void, so Super Silver is a pivotal hero to use in this second attack on Solaris. Use his Shield of Light to capture the meteors and return fire. Always watch Solaris' wings. When the player finds them growing especially bright, get ready to Turbo Dash to either side to avoid an incoming Beam Attack. When the player must let Super Shadow and Super Silver build up their depleted Rings, use Super Sonic's Arrow of Light when Solaris leaves his core completely exposed. When Super Sonic does not have a full Action Gauge, use Turbo Boost to zip around Solaris and avoid incoming attacks. When Solaris' health bar is almost empty, lay it on as thick as the player can. In desperation, Solaris will unleash a violent torrent of meteors and energy beams. Keep switching between Super Shadow and Super Silver so the player can attack from a safe distance, especially with Super Shadow as he can attack while moving. Never hover in one place, as the instant Solaris draws a bead on the player, he will release a flurry of attacks.

Did you see me make the word void bold?

It does show that the Sonic 06 final boss fight took place in the void. Meaning that Solaris's speed should be at least Infinite if not Immeasurable. Also Nigh-Omnipresent (Omnipresent in time only) as well.

Was it a timeless void, or just vacuum?

Timeless void since it says that Solaris increases the frequency of meteors thrown through the void. Even after consuming all existing timelines Solaris can still move around so that should qualify for at least "Infinite speed, Nigh-Omnipresent" if not "Immeasurable speed, Nigh-Omnipresent"

I suppose that infinite speed may be fine then, although he isn't omnipresent throughout space, as far as I am aware,.

Antvasima said:
I suppose that infinite speed may be fine then, although he isn't omnipresent throughout space, as far as I am aware,.
Can you also unlock Game Solaris's page so I can change Solaris's speed to Infinite (fought Super Sonic, Super Shadow and Super Silver in a timeless void), Nigh-Omnipresent (Exists across time and can simultaneously fight within the present, past and future)?

You are correct that he is not omnipresent throughout space.

Being omnipresent across time is not what we mean with our rating, and the fact that Sonic can keep up with him would seem to contradict our interpretation.

Is the timeless void Solaris' natural environment?

Antvasima said:
Being omnipresent across time is not what we mean with our rating, and the fact that Sonic can keep up with him would seem to contradict our interpretation.
Is the timeless void Solaris' natural environment?
In order for Super Sonic, Super Shadow and Super Silver to keep up with Solaris they would have to be infinite speed but the fight against Solaris in Sonic 06 is considered an outlier.

Solaris has only fought Super Sonic, Super Shadow and Super Silver there. So yes the timeless void is Solaris's natural environment.

Even when all existing timelines and dimensions have been consumed Solaris can still move around.

Okay then "Possibly Infinite (Moving around in a timeless void, after all timelines have been consumed, is its natural environment)".

Hang on.

Super Dimentio, Time Eater, Dialga and Palkia's speeds are Infinite for moving in timeless voids.

So Solaris's speed should be changed to Infinite (Moving around in a timeless void, after all timelines have been consumed, is its natural environment), Nigh-Omnipresent (Exists across time and can simultaneously fight within the present, past and future)

I have modified the Solaris profile. I am going to close this thread now,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back