• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Different Dimensional Hierarchies

VenomElite

VS Battles
Retired
Hello. I've been noticing a lot lately that many people seem to believe that just because we are using dimensional tiering, certain dimensional concepts apply to most series. For example Quantum Physics uses a different concept of dimensions compared to normal geometry yet some still refer to the 4-D of any series as "time", the 5-D of every series as "probability", etc. Should a note be added that we specifically abide to basic geometry when referring to dimensions? And that we only use M-Theory, String Theory, Hilbert Space, etc. to define the different concepts and sizes of a multiverse? Because some works even use layers that have a greater difference between them than the difference between dimensions i.e. a Reality-Fiction hierarchy outside the dimensional hierarchy (Umineko and I/O come to mind.). Hopefully I worded everything correctly.

Some characters are able to consider the reality as a set of information (you may recall a recent movie about Doctor Strange where magic is similar to the programming of the fundamental data of reality).

In this case there is the same. Just an alternative version of perception of the same things.

Well, this is a very simplified. In fact, each individual case should be considered separately.

So you mean that even if the hierarchy is different, it is just the alternate perception of the same thing? Meaning a Reality-Fiction hierarchy is the same as the Dimensional Hierarchy?

It can the the alternate perception of the same thing.

But it can also be an alternative but an equivalent (in terms of scale) hierarchy.

The hierarchy of the reality-fiction may have superiority over the dimensions though. Because it is initially not necessarily limited to the physics of any level.

I get it now. So in that case when evaluating the different series' dimensional hierarchy, each case should be analyzed individually.

VenomElite said:
So in that case when evaluating the different series' dimensional hierarchy, each case should be analyzed individually.

When evaluating the different series' reality-fiction hierarchy and its dimensional equivalent each case should be analyzed individually.

Back