• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Bowser's speed in the Galaxy games

I find his speed (overall, but also more specifically his combat speed) being MFTL+ confusing.

Him hitting Lubba's ship in a completely offscreen event with meteors, somehow allows him to have MFTL+ speed when fighting against Mario in H2H when he is slightly bigger than normal compared to usual size compared to Mario?

in a few seconds, which is offscreen. He flies away and then from that flash presuambly teleports away. I fail to see how that is flying to the center of the universe. We have no idea that he got there in that time frame.

Which ignores the fact that his source of power is the same as Lubba's Starship. There is nothing offscreen, you can clearly see it rising up shortly after claiming to be founding its empire at the center of the universe, and the flash and tremors that are emitted when he arrives are exactly the same flash and tremors emitted when a Luma crosses intergalactic distances and arrives at his destinatio (which logically indicates that he has also reached his destination). Not to mention that a simple Luma that is much lesser than a Grand Star can already cross galaxies in a few seconds. Besides, he has absolutely nothing to presume that he used teleportation, besides the fact that he had taken flight for that (if he wanted to use teleportation he would not have to take a flight, teleport directly) and the fact that he didn't show teleportation at any time in the game.

What Cal Howard was saying when he made the upgrade is that same "Meteor Attack" Bowser used to stop the MFTL+ ship Mario is able to dodge. However Bowser and Mario can still easily tag each other in close combat. Hence scaling the combat speed to reactions.

in fact said teleportation seem to have th same visual effect as what he does in the opening cutscene when he leaves with Peach.

You again ignores everything I said, and still holds up another part of what I said. Again, if he wanted to teleport, he would simply do it directly, just like he did the link you sent. He would not fly to reach the destination if he were to teleport after that.

Another thing that was brought up to me with the upgrade was both that Mario can dodge this same attack. And also the fact that Bowser's reactions/flying has to be at least somewhat remotely comparable to the ship's in order to have been able to attack it.

I mean if Bowser's reactions and flight were billions upon billions of times slower than the ship, it would've effortlessly flown away from him practically an eternity before he'd even think to attack it or be able to do so.

Back