• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well no, because they are not immortal in any sense of the word. They will still die, age, etc. I do not know what the latter sentence refers to, but you should know I am referencing the fate skill, which is one of the most clear cut examples of what OP is describing but that does not fit into immortality in any sense of the word

Yobo Blue said:
Antoniofer said:
This sounds like the combination of Superhuman Stamina, type 2 Immortality, Pain Supression and a minor version of Self-Sustenace; actually, that can be covered by only Stamina, so is kinda unnecessary.
Pain suppression isn't a power we have. And the fact it covers limited versions of so many powers is a sign it's a different ability.
Besides, redundancy alone isn't grounds for rejection.
Pain suppression likely is high pain tolerance here.

Redundancy alone has been grounds for rejection and many redundant P&A have rejected or have their deleted.

And yet, we have dozens upon dozens of redundant powers. Why? Because they're common and extremely prevalent in fiction. There is no difference here

Yobo Blue said:
And yet, we have dozens upon dozens of redundant powers. Why? Because they're common and extremely prevalent in fiction. There is no difference here
Like what, if is the powers that you listed for example to counters Wokistan's points were not redunanted?

That seems like something Whitebeard would qualify for, he doesnt have Type 2 Immortality but managed to continue to fight when most would have died.

PsychoWarper said:
That seems like something Whitebeard would qualify for, he doesnt have Type 2 Immortality but managed to continue to fight when most would have died.
Most characters in fiction can do this.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
That is a broad brush to paint with. I do not think "most" characters in fiction can fight with their chest cavity partially blown in with magma
Mabye battle Shonen characters or fighting chracters to be me specific and it is listed as a Stamina feat.

Type 1 and 2 of your abilties wold be 100% redundant tough and this the reduncy that I have speaking of.

The other powers have stand aone effeect

I'm sorry, but I still have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say.

Again, there is no way you can deal with that by stamina alone. Sure, stamina is needed, but it takes something more than just that. Even characters with infinite stamina often go down to less damage

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Again, there is no way you can deal with that by stamina alone. Sure, stamina is needed, but it takes something more than just that. Even characters with infinite stamina often go down to less damage
Stamina is not health. Of couse, all characters goes down to damage even those with infinite stamina.

Stamina is an attribute that allows a certain character to remain active, exert itself to prolonged periods of time, and recover from ordeals.

So, basically you're looking for this power, reading through it is as we stated, a combination of stamina, immortality type 2, self-sustenance (limited), pain resistance/immunity and few others.

Most characters in fiction can do this.

True, also its not uncommon for Endurance and Stamina to be considered different things.

Antoniofer said:
So, basically you're looking for this power, reading through it is as we stated, a combination of stamina, immortality type 2, self-sustenance (limited), pain resistance/immunity and few others.
And as I've said, a limited combination of things is usually a superate power

Elizhaa said:
Stamina is not health. Of couse, all characters goes down to damage even those with infinite stamina.

Stamina is an attribute that allows a certain character to remain active, exert itself to prolonged periods of time, and recover from ordeals.
I would argue in many cases it is. Or at least, when trying to translate something like HP into a physical stat it is usually some combo of durability and stamina. My point is, survivability is related but distinct to stamina, since characters with less stamina than white beard go down to less damage that he is.

If we use it as a catch all term, then we need to make sure we do not treat it as a monolith. Survivability and conventional stamina are not the same

Antoniofer said:
It can be said to be a kind of composite power. It deserves it's own page, since it cannot be summed up by a greater power without cutting out some of its understanding

I think that this power makes sense.

Abnormal Endurance (Type 1) covers the characters, who can survive fatal injuries through the abnormal physiology that would make their important organs/components get intact, while Immortality (Type 2) covers the characters, who can survive fatal injuries despite their organs'/components' functionality being corrupted or broken.

Abnormal Endurance (Type 2) covers the resistance to the pain in general, when lots of lots of pain signals get to your mind, not specifically Pain Manipulation when someone specially make you feel the pain through supernatural means or directly affecting nerves.

Abnormal Endurance (Type 3)... It's fine as well, although I can't really explain why it should stay. I'm going neutral on Type 3.

Mmm, welp, I'm a little more neutral now, but if something new is added I feel like people will confuse this with type 2 Immortality. I also see the types/classes quite unnecessary, with ageneral description is good enough.

I am not sure if this is necessary. Can't it just be mentioned in the Stamina sections?

Type 1 can be held without any of those

Type 2 extends beyond stamina

Type 3 is neither of those, as they exist in places other than video games and still allow for damage to be taken.

The stamina sections aren't supposed to be just for explaining how long a character can fight, but also if they can continue despite taking damage.

Yes, but I think there is clearly a point where that extends beyond stamina and becomes a superhuman feat/power, which should have a page in its own right.

Yobo Blue said:
Yes, but I think there is clearly a point where that extends beyond stamina and becomes a superhuman feat/power, which should have a page in its own right.
Roughly all action verses characters have feat level of Type 2. Accordingly, anyone, best if althelic, under flight/flight, or with traning, can have similar feats on real-life. Type 2 seems like a stamina things.

Point me in the direction of one real life person who can box while missing vital organs and half their body. I'll wait.

Yobo Blue said:
Point me in the direction of one real life person who can box while missing vital organs and half their body. I'll wait.
You do know the case that you mentioned, the characters eventually die right. There should be cases where people performs in dangerous situation like in illegal fightings or life threatning situations where feat is performed.

I also think that this would affect too many characters/cause too much revision work for little gain, as most fictional characters tend to have superhuman stamina, in one way or another. This is already usually mentioned in the stamina sections.

Antvasima said:
I also think that this would affect too many characters/cause too much revision work for little gain, as most fictional characters tend to have superhuman stamina, in one way or another. This is already usually mentioned in the stamina sections.
I agree.

You do know the case that you mentioned, the characters eventually die right. There should be cases where people performs in dangerous situation like in illegal fightings or life threatning situations where feat is performed.

Not as immediately as a normal person would.

Antvasima said:
This is not about overall stamina tho

Antvasima said:
Yes, it would be a alot. At the very least, we can have the page to move forward. Even in my earliest days on this wiki, I could tell something was majorly off with many of the characters who currently have type 2 immortality even though they obviously were not immortal but just had (what I did not have a proper name for at the time) now know as the power named in this very thread

Well, fighting despite having taken abnormal amounts of damage is a type of stamina.

Honestly I really dislike the idea that we shouldn't be more accurate because it would cause more work, especially with comparatively low difficulty revisions like a power addition

Back