• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ability Addition: Crystal/Gem Manipulation

It seems like this can probably be applied then, but we need a draft page first, with the note that I wrote above included in it.

I personally believe another image would be potentially better, as at first I didn't even see the gems being used (Granted that could be my crappy tired eyesight lmao)

Less important I also think that Prism Break and Flashwing would be good examples of users to note on the page, and would help further get the point of the power across.

ok i second Guren's crystal release, i forget if its 2006 or ufotable's adaptation but Rin also has a nice showing of gem manip.

dtvXDh.gif

i was reminiscing a scene where she kisses a red gem and it glows then she does a pose but that looks good aswell tbf anything ufotable touch is gold minus that lancer vs assassin cgi scene heh

should be pretty simple, I think.

Crystal Manipulation should get its own page. There are enough characters that utilize Crystals through their abilities, and a large amount of media generally considers it to be entirely separate from raw earth, or a combination of earth and something else like light.

Characters that come to mind with this ability include:
  • The Knight (Hollow Knight), through Crystal Dash
  • Guren (Naruto), through Crystal Release (This is a particularly notable example, because currently her "Crystal Manipulation" leads to a ******' powerlisting page
  • Rin Tohsaka and Luvia Edelfelt, through Jewel Magic (Which is a separate thing from earth magic entirely in the setting)
  • Sableye, Diancie, and other Pokemon with Power Gem
  • Earthbenders (Avatar) can bend Crystals as well as earth
  • Diamondhead (Ben 10)
  • Ganondorf (Zelda) can seal people in crystals
  • Mega Man (Classic) through Crystal Man and Jewel Man's weapons (In the former, Crystal is even considered a separate ability from an earth-type weapon within the same game)
  • InuYasha can manipulate and create diamonds
  • Any Kryptonite Users from DC
  • Any gems from Steven Universe

So there's definitely enough characters to warrant such a thing, and the ability has enough examples of being considered separate from earth enough to have its own page.
I actually find myself agreeing with this, especially given the fact that much fiction treats crystals as separate from the classical Earth element and that a shit load of characters use it as a signature skill.

A few minor issues:

Users of Kryptonite do not manipulate crystals. They just hold a radioactive substance that is dangerous to Superman. There used to be a Teen Titans character named Kole that had crystal manipulation though.

Steven Universe Gems do not manipulate crystals or gems. They are just made of them.

My note text should preferably be inserted:
"Note: Although the page title refers to crystals, for practical reasons, manipulation of gems and diamonds is also included as a part of this ability."

How about this one?

Okay. However, Zephyros is not feeling well at the moment. Would somebody else here who knows what he or she is doing be willing to improve on the current draft please?

It looks good to me at least.

However, I googled if diamonds are a form of crystal, and it seems like they are, so I adjusted the note text accordingly.

Back