• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Abilities and Resistance listed separately

Could Abilities and Resistances be listed separately?

I personally found hard to distinguish one from another on some profiles. Take for example Sailor Galaxia: her Resistances are listed in the midst of her abilities. I know the alphabetical order should give away where the Resistances ends and the other abilities resumes, but still separate lines would make the profile more legible.

It could be also useful to mark passive abilities with a P or something.

Resistances and immunities are usually found at the end of abilities.

Passive could be a possible prefix, for example: Passive Mind Manipulation (Constantly bends the will of those who focus on him)

@Damage and Hierophant Yea but some people who made a couple hundred/thousands of character profiles don't really do that and place resistances in the middle of the listed paragraph of abilities which is really bad & unorganized, so it's better to separate them from each other by a line of space.

My proposal also forces a new content creator to be more organized from the start, making easier for those reviewing a new profile to determine whatever work, if any, needs to be done. Always taking Galaxia as an example, someone submitted her that way and it was approved that way for whatever reason; a separate line format would have prevented that.

Just an idea : how about different paragraphs? The first one for abilities the character uses and the second for resistances?

Something like:

Power and Abilities: Superhuman Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Ki Manipulation.

Resistant to: Heat and Cold Manipulation (Ki protects against extreme temperatures), Mind Manipulation.

Among other things, I've seen profiles that list the same resistance twice, in different parts of the text. And also, it's easy to get lost in characters with extensive "abilities" sections and miss where the resistances begin by being a single word in a wall of text, especially for people not very familiar with the character who can mistakenly believe all of them are offensive abilities. Good example, the Blazblue profiles.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Just put the resistances at the end of the abilities list. No need to go revising 90% of our profiles for that.
I've already added this solution in Additional information section of Standard Format.

Yes, I add the resistances at the end of the list. If the character has multiple keys, then at the end of each key. I know some profiles don't follow this, but we should make the proper edits to fix it when we see it.

@Hierophant Err... you must have missed the very last thing I said earlier which various of people here are currently proposing here.

Back