• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Usopp CRT

This CRT is focus on the Straw Hat Sniper himself, Usopp.

Now, there is a problem regarding how the profile is currently is right now. Like how the abilities are distributed according to the keys. For Usopp, he has Four keys; Alabasta, Skypeia, Enies Lobby, and Dressrosa.

The problem lies between that of the Skypeia and Enies Lobby keys. It is to my understanding that the Skypeia key is from Skypeia where the Straw Hat fight against Enel and the priests and ends when the Straw Hats are about to enter Enies Lobby. Yet, there are abilities missing from this key despite him displaying it and instead placed within the Enies Lobby keys.

• Impact Absorption, Shockwave Generation, Durability Negation and Attack Reflection via Impact Dial, Light Manipulation via Flash Dial, Smoke Manipulation via Flavor Dial, Preparation (with enough preparation he can make good strategies)

These abilities I'm talking about are those from the Dial as well as his preparation ability. He display these abilities at Chapter 332-333, where the story was currently still in the Water 7 Arc, and not Enies Lobby. So I proposed to move those abilities over to his Skypeia key section basically

P.S Also, this affects his speed and durability rating as well since his Enies Lobby justification is that he reacted to Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Bazooka which was performed in Water 7, not Enies Lobby

So, something like this;

• Speed: High Hypersonic via powerscaling | Massively Hypersonic (Should be comparable, if not, faster than Nami and could react to a Gomu-Gomu no Bazooka from Luffy) | At least Massively Hypersonic (Should be at least comparable, if not, faster than Nami) | At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Tagged Caesar with seastone cuffs, should also be superior to Nami in reactions due to being the most skilled sniper of the group)
  • Durability: Large Building level+ (Was hit in the face by Mr. 4's 4-ton bat, and smashed repeatedly through walls by Miss Merry Christmas, and not only survived, but was able to continue fighting) | City Block level (Sustained damage from an Impact Dial), likely Town level+ (Can take a punch from Luffy and keeps going despite being heavily injured before the battle began) | Town level+ (Survived blows from CP9 members, though was badly injured, could withstand being hit by his own Fire Bird Star) | Small City level+ (Took a direct attack from Caesar's "Gastanet" only to come out of the massive gas explosion with a few bruises)
——————

Besides that problem

Usopp's range should be adjusted, I don't know where Usopp with the Ginga Pachinko is Hundreds of meters, maybe someone can point out an occasion, but according to this site, the best range for slingshot to accurately hit their target is tens of meters. With the Kabuto, he should still be Hundreds of meters with it due to his feat of sniping Marine soldiers from atop a tower. The Kabuto does improve the firing range of his attacks tremendously after all. And with his Black Kabuto, it should be around Kilometers due to Usopp being able to snipe Sugar from the Old Palace to Flower Hill, which should be around this distance.

I'm suggesting this on his profile;

Range: At least Tens of meters with Ginga Pachinko (The distance of how far you can accurate hit something via slingshot) | At least Hundreds of meters with Kabuto (Snipes several Marines from atop a tower. The wind was against him and the Marines' rifles couldn't even reach him) | A Kilometer with Kuro Kabuto

——————

I also have some abilities to be added and some that could use adjusting.

• Usopp's Weapon Mastery should be expanded to mention that he uses other variety of gadgets and gears, like his Usopp Hammer, Dials, Caltrop and etc… (Check our this site: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Usopp's_Arsenal)

• Usopp should get Social Influencing, who he is an adept liar which can be useful in certain situations. Although many of his lies are outrageous, they've been shown to be a useful distraction at times; especially against gullible opponents. At times, it even succeeds as a deterrence albeit for a short period of time until his enemies figure out his bluff. He often incorporates his bluffs into his arsenal with mixed results
    • Fire Manipulation from his Alabasta key (Via Fire Star)
    • Smoke Manipulation from his Alabasta key (Via Smoke Star)
    • Enhanced Sight Via the goggles he wears
    • Surface Scaling (Via the Octopakutsu)
    • With his new slingshot, Kabuto, some of his abilities are shown to be enhanced like his Fire Manipulation and Smoke Manipulation, so it should be mentioned that they are stronger
    • Stealth Mastery (Via this scene)
    • Status Effect Inducement (Via Egg Star and Tabasco Star - Ammo made out of rotten eggs and hot sauce respectively. With the Egg Star, he launches a rotten egg at the target's face in order to blind or distract them, due to its smell, it can be used to reduce the effectiveness of enemy's sense of smell. He even uses fresh egg to distract animals as well. With Tobasco Star, eating or getting it in his opponent's eyes will produce painful results. Post-Timeskip, he has the Pop Green Rafflesia which release a horrendous odor
    • For his Flavor Dial, it should be more Gas Manipulation, than Smoke Manipulation, because this particular dial store smells and aromas, along with other types of gas, such as explosive and flammable ones. (See Chapter 332 when Usopp use Flammable gas vs Luffy)
    • He should also get Healing (Low) for his Toad Oil he uses in Wano (https://*****************/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-909-page-10.html)

So, I proposed something similar to this, if all the suggested abilities and proposal are accepted and added:

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery (Mainly fights with the various gadgets and gear he has acquired or created over the years. He is a very accomplished and extremely skilled sniper), Stealth Mastery, Social Influencing (Is an adept liar, which can be useful in certain situations. Although many of his lies are outrageous, they've been shown to be a useful distraction at times; especially against gullible opponents. At times, it even succeeds as a deterrence albeit for a short period of time until his enemies figure out his bluff. He often incorporates his bluffs into his arsenal with mixed results), Status Effect Inducement (Via Egg Star and Tabasco Star), Enhanced Sight (Via goggles), Smoke Manipulation (Via Smoke Star), Fire Manipulation (Via Fire Star), Limited Sound Manipulation (Via his chalkboard), Explosion Manipulation (via Gunpower Star) | Same as before, Minor Adaptation (Adapted to the oxygen shortage), Acrobatics, Surface Scaling (Via the Octopakutsu), Impact Absorption, Shockwave Generation, Minor Durability Negation and Attack Reflection (via a Impact Dial), Limited Light Manipulation (via Flash Dial), Gas Manipulation (Via Flavor Dial, can store smells and aromas, along with other types of gas, such as explosive and flammable ones), Preparation (with enough preparation he can make good strategies) | Same as before, Stronger Smoke Manipulation and Fire Manipulation (Via his Kabuto slingshot), Organic Manipulation (Via Oil Star and Sticky Star) | Same as before, Kenbunshoku Haki user, His creations and engagements guarantee him: Plant Manipulation (via Pop Green seeds), Shockwave Generation (via Impact Wolf), Sleep Manipulation (via Hissatsu Bakusui-Bosh), Resistance to High and Low Temperatures (Barely fazed by Punk Hazard's environment) | Same as before, Healing (Low Via Toad Oil, which can instantly heal small cuts and stop bleeding)

Keys: Alabasta | Skypeia | Enies Lobby | Fishman to Dressrosa

I feel ashamed for claiming that Usopp's first key consists only of a few abilities.

This has my approval.

My only problem relies on the Healing. When Yasuie died, Toko tried to heal him using the oil but Usopp almost yelled something (probably that the oil doesn't really work). Tho I could compromise on giving Low healing until we get the details about it.

Usopp also needs precog and reality warping for making all his lies come true.

This seems okay to me

Oh, I forgot that I was initially going to say something about the tiering, but I have to get out now and will come back in a few hours.

If by the time I'm back nobody has said such thing I'll.

The Calaca said:
My only problem relies on the Healing. When Yasuie died, Toko tried to heal him using the oil but Usopp almost yelled something (probably that the oil doesn't really work). Tho I could compromise on giving Low healing until we get the details about it.
Yeah, that why I has it at Low. And besides, getting shot by guns isn't what I considered small wounds like getting slightly nicked by a sword. And this CRT doesn't even included how awful Usopp's notable Attacks and Technique section is, going to have to fix it… eventually, maybe

EDIT: Of course, if we add Healing, we may need to add a Wano key to Usopp or just put it with his Dressrosa key for now.

The Calaca said:
I feel ashamed for claiming that Usopp's first key consists only of a few abilities.
I feel ashamed as well, taking this long to notice. After going through the story and the Respect Thread for Usopp which was the inspiration behind this, I realized how lacking Usopp's Page is.

> At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Tagged Caesar with seastone cuffs)

Wasn't Caeser practically cripplied and moving extremely slowly?

@Damage - This justification was already on Usopp's profile. I believe this is the scene.

Caesar looks like he was badly injured, which would be true since he, iirc, just taken a Gear Third Grizzly Magnum just before this scene. Caesar, while this injured, was able to react to all of Usopp's attacks to hit, but was unable to avoid the Seastone cuff that Usopp had under all of the debris he toss at Caesar

> Caesar, while this injured, was able to react to all of Usopp's attacks to hit, but was unable to avoid the Seastone cuff that Usopp had under all of the debris he toss at Caesar

He was able to avoid them because of his elemental intangibility. He was unable to avoid to the Seastone cuffs because the Seastone negates his intangibility.

Okay, I'm back from the longest nap in history.

I personally think we should keep the abilities with the next keys:

Alabasta Saga | Skypiea Saga | Enies Lobby Saga | Thriller Bark Arc | Dressrosa Saga | Wano Country Arc

Water Seven belongs to the Enies Lobby Saga. It's the beginning of it and as such every feat done in that arc should be in that specific key. It's a clear jump in Usopp's abilities when compared with his Skypiea self.

@ The Calaca - I had that in mind, but then do we have to apply that same logic to every Straw Hat Characters. Because in Water 7, Luffy, Zoro and Sanji in particular was seen weaker than the CP9 agents. But then in Enies Lobby, they were either able to stomp or matched evenly with them.

Also, it would be called Water Seven Saga, not really Enies Lobby Saga if that was to be the case

Water Seven Monster Trio is the same as Skypiea Monster Trio. Modifying the key's name just overcomplicates the way we see them. Skypiea Saga and Enies Lobby Saga are much clearer and recognizable.

Like I said, we go by the maximum output in the saga, and they reached they peak at Enies Lobby. Skypiea it's a saga on its own, a major arc separated from the rest just like Enies Lobby is.

I still think that Usopp's feats in W7 should belong to the Enies Lobby Saga key only. The difference between that and his Skypiea Saga key are wide enough.

@ The Calaca - I guess that reasonable enough. So, the things Usopp performs in Water Seven would be in Enies Lobby keys, which are his Dials feats and preparation.

I suppose I should now call other mods to check this out as well

So I was taking a look at some of the OP profiles and i noticed something....Ussop and Nami speed should all be Reaction since their reasoning is such that. Not only that but their AP isnt even physical.....one uses invention with his slingshot while the other uses a weapon that instead shoot stuff out of it. This honestly needs to be fixed

Have the accepted suggestions been applied here?

Are they not already strictly listed as having enhanced combat speed only?

No. They have it as moving speed but Ussop nor Nami ever did that, only by pure reaction + the AP also doesn't stem from anything physical, just weapons that they shoot with

You can change it to combat speed if you wish. That is basically the same thing.

BlackeJan said:
Not only that but their AP isnt even physical.....one uses invention with his slingshot while the other uses a weapon that instead shoot stuff out of it. This honestly needs to be fixed
Yeah I agree. Scaling their striking strength to the AP of their weaponry is kinda wonky.

Well At least Nami has the feat of blocking Kalifa's kick. Idk about Usopp.

That is a good point about their striking strengths. What do you think Calaca?

Nami should probably be fine the way she is.

Usopp is the more iffy one. He could hurt Chew with his striking strength so he's at least high 8-C. But I don't recall any other notable striking feats from him pre-skip.

For some reason I remember Usopp having such feats, but I'd have to find them so it's okay to change the profile until I find the scan.

Even though Nami blocked it, she still doesn't have the AP that we can see. She only has a weapon, but thats it

Back