• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Ton of Devilman Problems

Just watch all of devilman crybaby and i have to say it did not disappointed. Maybe netflix need too do the berserk anime then there might be some hope.

As Devilman Lady shows, fight between Akira and Vurava, shake entire Hell; multiple time, various characters stated, that Hell is another dimension, in another universe, created by God, to traped demon inside. Akira can be Planet level or even higher.

Yeah, I was going to bring that up once I finished reading Devilman Lady. (as I've gotten past the Hell-centric portion of the story already) There're a couple of things that need to be pointed out.

• The only thing the scan says is "Hell is shaking", with no context as to whether it's the entirety or not. This is important, because Hell in the Devilman-verse is described as being a "multiple circles" kind of deal where there are numerous higher and lower levels of the same size. (The manga refers to them as "dimensions", but they're more like a bunch of different realms that're stacked on top of each other) Objectively, there's nothing indicating that he shook every level of Hell, nor is there any reason why the demon speaking the quote would know whether or not every higher and lower level was shaking at once.
  • Akira explains to Lady that Hell is a spiritual type of plane where your size, strength, speed, powers, etc. are determined by your own willpower. Part of why this is important is because Akira/Devilman (who is dead in this installment and thus only exists on the spiritual plane) is several orders of magnitude more powerful in Devilman Lady than he was in Devilman back when he was alive. (Devilman himself is also enormous in Hell during this installment, whereas he was relatively human-sized in the first one)
I don't have much experience in dealing with feats that have this sort of context attached to them, but the above info is vital regardless.

The Hell is a universe made up of layers, not a world or planet in another universe.

-And then the dimensional barrier collapsed! The dimension called "Hell" is a universe made up of layers! The life-or death struggle of the monsters tore a hole in the dimension, and I fell into a lower level of Hell!.

The combat of Akira and Vuraba collapsed the dimensional barrier of the Hell.
https://imgur.com/a/IBrJk

Arekusuripa said:
As Devilman Lady shows, fight between Akira and Vurava, shake entire Hell; multiple time, various characters stated, that Hell is another dimension, in another universe, created by God, to traped demon inside. So Akira on this point can be Planet level.
Akira shakes a universe (or a part of the universe). It's an awesome feat.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Devilman himself is also enormous in Hell during this installment, whereas he was relatively human-sized in the first one
One of the many powers of Akira is change his size at will.
Shin Devilman:
https://imgur.com/a/Zo7BN

Yes, I understand that. I meant that his baseline size (read: the one he starts off as whenever he first assumes his Devilman form) is much larger than normal.

Except he starts off at this size, though. (Semi-NSFW)

Every time he transforms in the Hell segment of the series, this is the size he is in comparison to Lady. The only time this is different is when he's only halfway transformed. (i.e.: Has wings/claws/etc, but still looks like his human form)

Anyway, we're starting to derail the thread at this point.

Akira (or the demons) without changing its size is only a little higher that a human, and is smaller that Cain with the size of a tanke.
Neo Devilman:
https://imgur.com/a/jbWjN
It's Akira in hell, because this chapter is part of Devil Lady.

Even in the final battle of the original story (in the flashback of Devil Lady), Akira is a giant compared to other demons.
https://imgur.com/a/Hgnmh

It's only because Akira (and some demons) can change its size.

You realize both Devilman and Silene are sizes far larger than everyone else in those scans, right? Silene alone spans multiple windows once she's transformed, and Akira is explicitly shown growing in size as part of his initial transformation into Devilman, not as some sort of reaction to her afterwards. Moreover, Silene in her usual/transformed form (in Devilman Lady, anyways) is naturally several times larger than humans, and is shown to be that way in multiple panels, without enlarging herself at any point.

Caim (that isn't even him btw, just a part of him attached to Silene's soul) is expressly larger than both of them, and while Devilman does seem to grow in size once the former merges with Silene, that's not indicative of what his initial size was to begin with.

Again though, this is derailing the thread, so I suggest we leave this discussion here.

They are not bigger than the rest of the demons. When Silene acquires her demon form, she does not change her size.

Cain did not change his size and he was the size of a tanke. The condition of Cain does not matter, the important thing is the size. Cain is bigger than Sirene or Akira.

The scans (which you linked) show that she does.

This is the last time I'm going to ask before I get an admin in here. Stop derailing the thread.

The scans show that she does not change when acquires her demon form, and Cain that is the size of a tank is bigger that Sirene or Akira.

The theme is to discuss the feats of Devilman. And it is confirmed that he has the same powers in the Hell that in the real world. And I show the scans where Akira can change his size to become a giant in the original. Even in the final battle it has the size of a giant. Stop derailing the thread.

The scans show buildings directly next to her (twice, even), and she is several times larger than a human would be in comparison to those buildings. Her torso alone is larger than the windows of the nearby building in the scan where she's thrown into it.

We're not discussing the feats of the character at this point. We're discussing a small detail that has little to no greater bearing on the character and his stats.

In the scans when Siren acquires his demon form, she does not change its size, and Cain as a tank is bigger that Sirene or Akira. The tank has a size of three meters at the most.

It's just because you refuse to recognize an error. Stop derailing the thread.

The mangas that form the main timeline of Go Nagai for the universe of Devilman.

• Demon Knight
  • Devilman
  • Shin Devilman
  • Neo Devilman (chapters 5 and 9 written by Go Nagai)
  • Devil Lady
  • Devilman Saga
The chapter 4 of Neo Devilman where Devilman Dragon appears is possibly part of the main timeline, because the character appears in the chapter 5 and Devil Lady.

Can somebody summarise the conclusions here?

The revisions are still nowhere near finished. Feats are still being collected from the main continuity in order to replace the current ones being used (as the current ones are unjustified and/or from non-canon spinoff material), and I'm currently dividing up all of the scans I've collected in order to make sure I know what I'm putting forward when I finally do.

I haven't gotten any word from Weekly on whether or not he's doing anything with the revisions on his end right now, but I assume he's become busy with the SCP canon revisions he's doing with Azzy at the moment, so I haven't been trying to bother him about it.

Okay. You can ask the calc group to calculate the greatest feats when you have found them.

Um, I do not want to make waves, but Devilman vs Hades is stated to be canon. It was Written by Go Nagai himself (but not drawn by him) and all of the solicitations call it canon.

The solicitations for it state "After the world ended in the original Devilman, Akira Fudo is in hell, seeking the soul of his beloved Miki while at the same time Doctor Hell is beseeching the underworld for power in order to get his revenge upon the hated Mazinger."

and the Seven Seas solicitations describe it as "Devilman VS. Hades is a stand-alone sequel of the first Devilman series. The story continues from the end of the original manga and follows Akira's new adventures,".

It also fits into the timeline of Devilman Lady, as we are told Akira had multiple adventures in Hell offscreen and had been repeatedly killing Jinmen, and Devilman G which was released at the same time was explicitly stated to be non-canon as if to clear up confusion.

Huh. Well, believe it or not, that actually falls right in-line with a status update I was getting ready to post.

We should split the profile into two keys only: one for the original manga and Shin Devilman, one for all of the canon material that comes after. Reason I suggest we do this is because, from what I've read so far, the only significant increase in power (in-canon) comes about during the events directly prior to Devilman Lady. Shin Devilman doesn't have any feats higher than what was present in the first installment, and all of the legitimately impressive feats seem to fall within the same area of the timeline. (Read: During the time Akira spends in Hell) Basically, we'd have a "Pre-Timeskip" key and a "Post-Timeskip" key.

Another thing I seem to have found out is that Devilman Saga is currently ongoing. (Or at least that's what every source I can find on it seems to be saying) So I think it's best that we wait until there's more material of that before we bother trying to draw feats from it. There are currently only eight chapters.

The Comicvine respect thread I linked earlier in this thread has all of the feats from the original Devilman manga in it. I myself have collected feats from Devilman Lady and the canon Neo Devilman stories written by Go Nagai himself. I can read Devilman VS Hades and such later.

Is someone here fluent enough in Japanese that they can translate the raw chapters for everyone else?

If not, I still think we should wait until more of the chapters have been translated, seeing as the context is just as important as the feats themselves. And actually, even if we do use scans from the raw chapters, we most likely won't be able to link them to the profile until they're properly translated in English, I don't think.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Is someone here fluent enough in Japanese that they can translate the raw chapters for everyone else?
If not, I still think we should wait until more of the chapters have been translated, seeing as the context is just as important as the feats themselves. And actually, even if we do use scans from the raw chapters, we most likely won't be able to link them to the profile until they're properly translated in English, I don't think.
We could ask on the other section. Altought it would be a hard work for he/she, consider how most of the chapters so far is more exposition and interaction than fighting. Even the fights are mundane compare to the feats we have seen so far.

Well, if that's the case, then we're probably much better off waiting to make a separate key for Saga until there's more story material to work with. Pragmatically speaking, I doubt there'll be much point in having such a key until we see something particularly impressive from that installment feats-wise.

The other revisions/additions/etc. can proceed as soon as I get done collecting scans from Demon Knight and Devilman VS Hades, whenever that may be.

Numbersguy said:
Has anyone seen Devilman Crybaby? His fight against Satan does make him High 6-A, I mean they even split the moon in half and cause massive explosions
No explosion, just attack of Satan, who took the hits from Devilman, so it's like At least 5-ðí.

@Numbersguy:

We already discussed that earlier in the thread. Crybaby isn't a direct adaptation of the original manga. It borrows elements from non-canon material, therefore we cannot use feats from it in conjunction with the (main) manga canon. The splitting of the moon didn't happen in the original manga's final battle.

We'll probably make a separate profile for Crybaby which will be well into High 6-A territory, but it will be exactly that. Separate.

@MrKing

I know you haven't gotten arounf to Devilman vs Hades yet but when you do, will you be making a key regarding his new form?

MrKingOfNegativity said:
@Numbersguy:
We already discussed that earlier in the thread. Crybaby isn't a direct adaptation of the original manga. It borrows elements from non-canon material, therefore we cannot use feats from it in conjunction with the (main) manga canon. The splitting of the moon didn't happen in the original manga's final battle.

We'll probably make a separate profile for Crybaby which will be well into High 6-A territory, but it will be exactly that. Separate.
This, also does this mean that Satan is going to have a similar entries?

Also if we are gonna take in Devilman vs Hades as a part of the main canon, then this means that Mazinger Z is part of the Devilman (multi)universe.

Arekusuripa said:
ThðÁn, we need page for Go Nagai World to unit it all like Leijiverse or Tezuka-Verse.

More like Dynamic Planning consider that Go Nagai didn't create Getter Robo but that verse has crossed with Devilman and Mazinger Z

Hang on now.

I wasn't aware of the nature of DvH as a work, but I looked up some info just now. The Devilman Wiki says DvH is an original story set in an alternate timeline where Devilman didn't even die in his battle against Satan. If that's truly the case, then it's not something we can go mixing into the main canon, I don't think.

I'm not sure how to take the author statements about it being canon, for this reason and others.

Back