• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Ton of Devilman Problems

Hmm insteresting. So looks like we're gonna have a few Devilman pages huh :p

So which Devilman is strongest overall?

spoiler

Post-Hades absorption

Or Crybaby?

So far, I have no idea.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around whether or not we should include DvH within the main profile. Apparently it fits I to the whole "multiple adventures off screen" thing that's explained in Devilman Lady, so it may or may not be something we can handwave as being some canon adventure taking place prior to Devilman Lady.

I dunno...

Is there anyone who is very knowledgeable on the verse?

EDIT: Perhaps we should ask Weekly? (in regards to how to treat DvH)

Currently, we have a couple of people here outside of myself who seem to know a decent amount about Devilman and Nagai's work in general. Cooltaff12 and Arekusuripa are one and two. AerrowStorm1 might be another.

Part of why I'm here is because Weekly isn't familiar with the verse. Or rather, he wasn't when the revision thread was first made. I don't know about now.

Arekusuripa said:
Problem is that all what look like real in one story, can be only manga in other.
I'm pretty sure this is justified by the whole "time-loop" thing that's explained in Devilman Lady. The original Devilman manga is established fiction in Devilman Lady, but the events of that manga still canonically happened.

If DvH is treated as canon, i don't think it would contradict this. Strangely enough. But I haven't read the story itself yet, so I don't know.

Aizenishere said:
In that case @Cooltaff do you by chance have an asnwer to my question/s? :p
Yes, let me answer it for you.

I believe Post-Hades absorption could be superior to Crybaby version. Because that version not only abosorbed Hades, but Great Mazinger power as well. Consider how that is the Devilman after his battle, he should be more powerful scale wise.

However I say this with some doubt, consider how Crybaby Devilman was creating large shockwaves during his battle as he absorbed more smaller demons. I think I could try to calc out said feat if I wanted to.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
@Numbersguy:
We already discussed that earlier in the thread. Crybaby isn't a direct adaptation of the original manga. It borrows elements from non-canon material, therefore we cannot use feats from it in conjunction with the (main) manga canon. The splitting of the moon didn't happen in the original manga's final battle.

We'll probably make a separate profile for Crybaby which will be well into High 6-A territory, but it will be exactly that. Separate.
Why not kill the entire flock of birds with one shot and make the profile composite? Less work

A composite profile was planned once everything else was made/sorted out. I figured it would be better to maintain profiles based on the canon and alternate versions alongside that. From what I can tell, that's what was done with other similar cases like Link and Godzilla, so it seems like that's what we should do here as well.

@Cooltaff

I appreciate the response m8. Thank you :D

I just have one more question: Aside from a (presumable) AP buff. What sort of Hax did Devilman get out of absorbing Hades/ Great Mazinger?

I understand the WIKI calls it an alternate universe. But the actual scans and solicitations call it a main universe timeline.

For example, here is the Seven Seas solicitations.

"This stand-alone sequel continues from the end of the original manga―with a surprise showdown between Devilman and the legendary mecha Great Mazinger! "

http://www.sevenseasentertainment.com/series/devilman-vs-hades/

Devilman: The Classic Collection is the original manga by Go Nagai first published in 1972, a dark tale following Akira Fudo as he harnesses the power of the demon Amon and transforms into the powerful Devilman. Devilman VS. Hades is a stand-alone sequel, continuing from the end of the original manga and following Akira's new quest in hell―with a surprise showdown between Devilman and the legendary mecha Great Mazinger! Both series will be translated by acclaimed manga classics expert Zack Davisson.

http://www.sevenseasentertainment.c...ollection-and-devilman-vs-hades-manga-series/

Official Solicitation

After the world ended in the original Devilman, Akira Fudo is in hell, seeking the soul of his beloved Miki while at the same time Doctor Hell is beseeching the underworld for power in order to get his revenge upon the hated Mazinger. Akira sets in motion a chain of events that earn the enmity of Hades himself, who'll stop at nothing to avenge the slights Akira commits against him.

Personally, I do not consider Amon saga canon since Go Nagai did not write it and it contradicts elements from Akuma Kishi, which has a completely different origin for Amon and Silene.

Also, it is stated/implied Akira did die in the final battle since they state he was the last human soul they were waiting for.

http://s2.mgicdn.com/devilman_vs_hades/vol1_chapter_1/14.jpg

The confusion seems to stem from the later statement that he was "in hiding"

http://s2.mgicdn.com/devilman_vs_hades/vol1_chapter_1/19.jpg

but that contradicts/ignores them saying he died literally 5 pages ago and the background of the page being a reference to his death being shown onscreen in Neo Devilman chapter 5 (here for comparison)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-py90ZCKTi...4l0/90NK420Ms-s/w1900/MR-356682-708450-30.jpg

.......Actually, re-reading Devil Lady and DMvsH, this perfectly explains how he suddenly acquired the ability to revive the Dead in Devil Lady, a power he DEFINETLY did not have in the original Devil.man

Well, I'm not sure what to say about all of that. It seems to fit well enough despite a few continuity snarls, so the statement that it's canon may or may not be justified after all.

Going by the above, we should be able to incorporate DvH into the canon profile then. I dunno who else to consult on it, though.

Would absorption be combat applicable for Composite Devilman?

Seeing as he absorbed Hades and in Crybaby used those other Devilman for body parts

Well, in DvH, it seems to be a mix of enegy absorption since he does not physically absorb Hades and physical absorption, as he did actually absorb GM engine.

And to be fair, the original manga stated all demons could do it, Akira just.......never did for some reason.

So essentially, Akira can assimilate all forms of energy? So if all Demons can do it then that just shows it is an ability that should be added. I know he has Energy absorption but I don't think that covers absorbing an engine

IIRC, Devilman used absorbtion a lot in DvH

-Absorbed Hades energy twice

-Absorbed Jinmen's city-sized body

-Absorbed Great Mazinger's core (and that means he should of also aborbed it's Photon Energy)

Devilman also had some for of causality manipulation negation, considering he was able to complely ignore it during a battle. Devilman was also able to destroy souls, since he killed Hades' henchmen in such a way that he could no longer revive them.

Possible. The original manga called the ability Merging and it fits the DMvH version of merging. They can take physical attributes or energy as seen in DMvH

http://i10.***********.net/devilman/1/devilman-2213215.jpg

http://i2.***********.net/devilman/1/devilman-2213217.jpg

http://i4.***********.net/devilman/1/devilman-2213219.jpg

Gummy357 said:
Devilman also had some for of causality manipulation negation, considering he was able to complely ignore it during a battle.
Considering the fact that Devilman is already confirmed to be unaffected by time being reset on a universal scale, he most likely has Acausality anyway. So this is actually pretty consistent.

Intresting thing is that in Devilman vs. Hades, Kouji became director of Photon Power Laboratory and already married on Sayaka. Mazinger Z probably was destroyed in that period of time. Judging by the fact that Tetsuya on Great Mazinger is the only battle pilot there, that can be canonical continue for movie Mazinger Z: Infinity, considering his end.

@Areusuripa

So he can ressurect the dead. Anything else?

Just checked the profile, so it's listed under Life Manipulation AND the man has existence erasure? Hax galore huh sheesh

I see, I see.

I was expecting an adorable parody of Devilman.

Got ovas that gets me a bit too deep in the feels, though probably because I didn't expect it.

@SD

I actually don't I just heard Chibi ovo But judging by your other comment I assume I'd fall into a deeper depression?

@Aizen Yes.

Also it confirmed Devilman is Violence Jack if anyone is still doubting it btw.

Aizenishere said:
So he can ressurect the dead. Anything else? Just checked the profile, so it's listed under Life Manipulation AND the man has existence erasure?
Not quite resurrects - it more like he creates life again, that was erased, by his own energy.

So Hades fits the Schtick of "I can give life but I can take it away" via his own energy. And it's Life manipulation not soul manipulation because as you said it's from his own energy. And of course Akira absorbed his energy so he got his powers and I assume his AP aswell. That about sum it up?

Back