• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Ton of Devilman Problems

Aizenishere said:
So Hades fits the Schtick of "I can give life but I can take it away" via his own energy. And it's Life manipulation not soul manipulation because as you said it's from his own energy. And of course Akira absorbed his energy so he got his powers and I assume his AP aswell. That about sum it up?
Story says, Akira upgrade his ability erase via Mazinger power, to ressurect that one who he whant. And yes he can erase even life a God beings, because his power part of Satan.

And canonically speaking Akira only rivals satan in power after his shenanigans in hell right?

@Arekus

What do you mean by his power is a part of Satan? That scan only showed Satan was the one who merged Amon with the werewolf and Dragon.

EDIT: A demon werewolf dragon... I still can't get my head wrapped around that fact. It's so frickin' cool!

First of all, I would like to say that I do not know English, so I'm using google translate as intermediary ...

I saw this Devilman topic and as a fan I decided to lend a hand on canonicity if you did not care.

First I would like to say that Amon: The Darkside Devilman should be embedded within the canon material. As shown at the end of the manga, after its "conclusion" the cycle resumes with Satan seeing the moment where Ryo is going to get Akira to help him . We may consider that all the events there are not properly a reboot of God in the world, but rather the infinite loop that Satan is imprisoned. This becomes more evident during his fight with Amon in vol. 2 or 3, when they collide, Satan has a flashback of Akira's death.

Obviously for being a loop, it is not necessarily the same as the classic manga events, but the end result is the same, Akira stands against Satan and ends up dead in the conflict. Thus, the profiles of all but Satan should be separated from their originals, but the Satan in question is the same and we may consider that this was the moment when he became aware of his imprisonment by God and fled.

About Devilman vs. Hades there is no reason to be considered canon. As said in the manga itself, Akira survived the final war against Satan, which would contradict the original end.

In Devilman Lady, Akira states only to have realized that the world has been restored after the number of souls in hell continues to increase and when it makes its return, we are already within Lady's own world, which makes it impossible to be a re-creation of the world by God.

I did a compilation of the works addressing the verse, if they are interested ...

http://en.liberproeliis.wikia.com/wiki/User_word:Araragi_Koyomin/Devilman:_Obras_e_Derivados

Araragi Koyomin said:
About Devilman vs. Hades there is no reason to be considered canon. As said in the manga itself, Akira survived the final war against Satan, which would contradict the original end.
In Devilman Lady, Akira states only to have realized that the world has been restored after the number of souls in hell continues to increase and when it makes its return, we are already within Lady's own world, which makes it impossible to be a re-creation of the world by God.

I did a compilation of the works addressing the verse, if they are interested ...

http://en.liberproeliis.wikia.com/wiki/User_word:Araragi_Koyomin/Devilman:_Obras_e_Derivados
Um, I addressed that. The manga itself actually says he died and even showed his death from Neo Devilman chapter 5.

Page 14 says Akira was the last human soul and his death marks the end of mankind

http://s2.mgicdn.com/devilman_vs_hades/vol1_chapter_1/14.jpg

Page 19, although dialogue says he was in hiding, actually shows his death from Neo Devilman chaprer 5

http://s2.mgicdn.com/devilman_vs_hades/vol1_chapter_1/19.jpg

That is in addition to numerous author statements proclaiming it canon

Akira can not have been considered the last human soul. First it is stated that he was invading the underworld and not that it was brought. http://********.la/manga/devilman_tai_yami_no_teiou/v01/c001/17.html

They do not even consider him human, but a demon, which is later corrected by Argos. http://********.la/manga/devilman_tai_yami_no_teiou/v01/c001/18.html

Also, Amon Dark Side of Devilman is written and illustrated by Yu Kinutani, and not Go Nagai. Taking it as canon would be as flawed as taking the Hiruta or Isako manga as proof for the I1972 anime

@Araragi Koyomi

I understand your reasoning, but it does not make it canon for some reason. Like not being written by Go Nagai for starters.

Devilman vs Hades however, which is written by him, does not contredict with the story. Infact, it is rather a more a segway to both Violance Jack (with how the world was rebuild and miki being different) and Devilman Lady(with Devilman now being able to cross dimensions).

@Cooltaff12

The manga of Hiruta and Isako presents completely different origins from the original, in contrast, Amon though "supervised by Nagai" was actually written by Yuu Kinutani. But in long-standing media, such as Gundam for example, not necessarily only the projects made exclusively by the author enter as part of the main line of the story, in addition to projects made by the author himself (such as violence jack), who do not enter.

In the case of Amon, because it is a loop of events and kick for Satan's escape, he does nothing to interfere in the events of the previous manga and only works to deepen the confinement of Satan.

Unless it is an obligation the work was exclusively written by the author to be canon, in this case, I will not dwell on the subject.

Being supervised doesn't mean anything sorry. The OVAs was supervised by him yet they are not canon in the main timeline. Instead of question if the was supervised or not, we should ask how much of the work Nagai involved with and how it ties with the rest of the timeline. For example, Dragon Ball GT doesn't conflict with the current Dragon Ball timeline, but it still isn't canon, even when the original author of said series did give out ideas of how SSJ4 should be designed.

Amon; The Darkside of Devilman isn't part of main continuity. If it was then we would have conflict between said work and Demon Knight with the origin of both Amon and Sirene. Even if you want to put everything under the Satan's loop, it's better to put this work under spin-off along with Devilman Stranger Days under a separate entry. Of course it might not matter if we are gonna do a composite version.

Honestly it would be easier to have an argument whatever or not that Mercedes Devilman is a thing.

That is very true.. But, Satans an angel. So by giving Amon his power he's giving him the power of an Angel no? Unless he can bestow the "demonhood" at will

Who know, but in every version of story is one true - Amon is became demon by Satan will. Yes, he probably can give demonic powers to other, judging by the plot of Devilman Lady.

I suppose rather than him actually getting some of Satans power. Satan merely turned him into a demon.. well. A demon dragon werewolf :p

@Cool

So 5-B Satan and High 6-A Devilman?

Aizenishere said:
@Cool
So 5-B Satan and High 6-A Devilman?
Yeah, I'm currently looking for water density and what the forumla you use for mesure the part of the shockwave touched the water.

Also the fight is still so one-sided in Crybaby.

@Cool Are you doing the calculation for the bit right before Satan splits the moon in half? Where their clashes encompass the Earth.

Aizenishere said:
@Cool Are you doing the calculation for the bit right before Satan splits the moon in half? Where their clashes encompass the Earth.

You mean when those light spheres? I'm not 100% who or whom is doing it. I'm staying away from that one because of said reason and that a blast bigger than Earth would have destroyed far more than what it ended up doing.

The Dark and Light sphere yea. Well we know it's Akira and Ryo :p and to be fair how would we know what damage it did I mean right after Ryo split the moon got punched to Antarctica (or one of the poles) then killed Akira.

EDIT: so I suppose to there's no way to calculate the potency just based off the size of the clashes?

Aizenishere said:
Based on the page Radical linked over at the Calc page it looks like we may perhaps have a 5-B Ryo and Low 5-B Akira?
I think we can wait for Akira since I need to change the calcs abit. Reas the comments to see why.

That's fine m8. I will gladly leave it in the hands of the experts hear and wait as long as I need to.

Personally I'm just excited for the composite profile and am trying to gather as much information about his powers as possible so come time for it nothing is left out

So via access to Getter Energy he could possibly be Low 2-C?

I'm sorry could you elaborate?!?! Getter Robo is 7-B

I'm gonna need an explanation

Aizenishere said:
I'm sorry could you elaborate?!?! Getter Robo is 7-B

I'm gonna need an explanation
Getter Energy user governs over and has absolute control over space-time, life, evolution, and the fundamental laws of the universe. Problem is that not every one pilot can do that.

Aizenishere said:
To clarify: I know Emperor is Low 2-C but he's the final version of Robo so how would Akira scale to Low 2-C?
You dont, because Akira fused with the previous Getter models. Getter Emperor is from the a far future.

Cooltaff12 said:
You dont, because Akira fused with the previous Getter models. Getter Emperor is from the a far future.
Well he still have access to ability amplification of his own statistics via Getter after fusion.

Well he at least have access to ability amplification of his own statistics via Getter after fusion.

Yes but Devil Getter is nowhere near a 2-C level at start.

Back