• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Tentacled Eyeball for a Tentacled Eyeball: Devourer vs Dharkon

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Well, now that the Devourer's strength is fixed for real, I think it's time to give him a proper vs thread. For this one, I shall pit Devourer against Dharkon: another tentacled monster with an eyeball that's on the same tier as Devourer itself (Low-2C). Hey, why not? They both are capable of ousting each other with one type of hax (Devourer's Existence Erasure vs Dharkon's BFR). Also, they both are well above baseline Low-2C due to these factors:

1. Devourer is vastly above Godcat, God, and Cosmic Gigalith. Devourer created and controlled an army of Cosmic Monoliths and one Cosmic Gigalith. While it is known that the EBF world is a simulation in at least EBF4 and EBF5, it is uncertain whether Devourer's resets include Snowflake's universe and the glitch dimensions (including a land with the name "The Void" written in hexadecimal).

2. Dharkon controlled an army of Crazy Hands, who are more orles on the same bar as Galeem's Master Hands. Dharkon and Galeem are both on the same bar as each other.

With that aside, here's how it'll go.

1. Both Devourer and Dharkon are given 48 hours of prep time (about the play length of EBF5), including observation.

2. Speed is equalized.

3. These are the Low 2-C versions of both Devourer and Dharkon.

Now that the terms are out of the way, here are the character profiles for each character.:

Devourer's Profile: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Devourer_(EBF5)

Dharkon's Profile: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Dharko

With that aside, who will win this match?

Devourer EBF5
Kill it with fire!

DharkonH
The embodiment of Chaos and Darkness, Dharkon.

Devourer: 0
Dharkon: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Are Smash revisions concluded? I think that they affect Dharkon's tier among other things

Also pretty sure that 48 hours of prep time are more than enough for Devourer to find out that differently from the EBF gang, Dharkon doesn't have a High 2-A protecting him so he simply deletes

Kaltias said:
Are Smash revisions concluded? I think that they affect Dharkon's tier among other things
Also pretty sure that 48 hours of prep time are more than enough for Devourer to find out that differently from the EBF gang, Dharkon doesn't have a High 2-A protecting him so he simply deletes
Ah, crap. Forgot to specify that these are Low 2-C versions of both characters.

Also, to answer that question, I think they are? Nothing has been mentioned of Galeem or Dharkon since December 19.

I didn't mean that this should be Devourer after reaching the real world, I meant that the only real reason why he even bothered battling the EBF gang was due to the Player's interference

If that's absent he is more likely to erase near the start.

Also, if the scaling is still Dharkon >>> MH >>> Dialga, Devourer is weaker in AP

Kaltias said:
If that's absent he is more likely to erase near the start.

Also, if the scaling is still Dharkon >>> MH >>> Dialga, Devourer is weaker in AP
Pretty sure player interference is absent seeing as how, well, Dharkon isn't exactly a playable character by any means.

That and I sincerely doubt scaling to Dialga would really work seeing as the world of Super Smash Bros is very detached from anything of the cast's respective canons (Dialga included), but that's probably just me.

Yes, that was my point.

Smash! Dialga is Low 2-C, but I remember Kep arguing against it and idk what the conclusions were

Kaltias said:
Yes, that was my point.
Smash! Dialga is Low 2-C, but I remember Kep arguing against it and idk what the conclusions were
Okay, this is oddly one of the more "important" necrobumps, primarily because, well, I took the time to check, and it's basically agreed on that Master Hand does get Low 2-C from Dialga (via statement). Dharkon is comparable to Galeem, who has controlled reportedly 740 of them (Marth stated that each fighter will need to kill about ten of them each in the opening sequence).

Granted Devourer did the same thing but with Cosmic Monoliths, but aside from the Gigalith, it's as impossible to quantify the Monoliths' power as it is to quantify how many there are since about their only story-significant feat is them collectively summoning the Devourer (according to his statements). But beyond that they're mostly a defense system. Even then, where the Devourer lies power-wise depends on whether Smowflake's universe, the glitch dimensions, and The Void (no, not The Beyond, the Void which the Big Glitch lives in) are affected by his power or not (considering all the statements of the EBF world being a simulation/game, it's a possibility but not a definitive).

It's an odd case where Dharkon has significantly better AP than the Devourer (about 740x more at most, but not hitting 2-C since that would require some 5th-dimensional baloney), yet The Devourer has some better hax (Type 1 Acausality and Type 3 Immortality defensively; Existence Erasure offensively). I dunno, what do you think?

Back