• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Song of Ice and Fire Dragon Striking Strength/Durability Downgrade

So right now we have Daenerys Targaryen's dragons (Drogon, Viserion, Rhaegal) scaling to Balerion's striking strength and durability. However, this isn't proper scaling. Balerion is the largest dragon in history when he was 100 at an estimated 76 meters to more than that (https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/how-big-are-game-of-thrones-dragons/) and weighing in at 2,376,380 kg+ (depending on if you scaled using a t-rex or a komodo dragon: https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4idoys/no_spoilers_how_big_was_balerion_how_much_did_it/). This combined with his speed (a maximum of 34.3 m/s) gives him 8C energy.

However, Drogon, the largest of his siblings, is only around a maximum of 4/5 as large as Balerion, meaning he's much much lighter around 1200000 kg+ which makes him 9A+ only (705000000+ J). Of course this is scaling from Balerion and Balerion could be larger (as he lived to 200) so I would recommend putting them at At least 9A (Small building level) for striking strength and durability.

Uhm...We don't have Daenerys' dragons scaled to Balerion at all. They're scaled to Viserion, who burned down a gigantic portion of the Wall.

Which is stated to be...what, 300 miles tall or so? I should probably look into that again, actually.

Sorry I should clarify overall AP is fine (the wall is like 700 feet tall and made of solid ice and he demolished that pretty quick), but we specifically also gave them 8C striking strengh and durability b/c of their size when they should only be 9A b/c of that. Balerion is the only one that works for.

So it should be: AP - 8C (Fire breath). Striking strength/Durability - 9A (Size)

Ah, yeah. I can see how that makes sense. The dragons almost certainly can't bring down the Wall with physical might alone, not from what they've shown so far into the series, so I suppose it makes sense to downgrade them.

If we change them to 9-A physically, then that affects the Night King as well, since his AP with weapons is tied to his feat of OHKing Viserion. Not sure if it will extend to anyone else, though.

Dunno. Probably safer to wait for more input, but I'm not sure who out of our mods and admins are familiar with GoT/ASoIaF.

I remember DivineTedrius, SheevShezarrine and Meosos being knowledgeable on the verse, but I'm pretty sure Meosos has left the wiki for good, and I haven't seen Sheev or Tedrius in a while either.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Ah, yeah. I can see how that makes sense. The dragons almost certainly can't bring down the Wall with physical might alone, not from what they've shown so far into the series, so I suppose it makes sense to downgrade them.

If we change them to 9-A physically, then that affects the Night King as well, since his AP with weapons is tied to his feat of OHKing Viserion. Not sure if it will extend to anyone else, though.
A case for 8-C durability could still be made, since dragon fire-breathing is still a physical ability that they have to tank to use without injury. But ultimately, it would be more sensible for their fire durabilty to be separate from their brute force durability

Oh sorry Sheev, I had to go after I sent Matthew a message, and I forgot to get back to you. I agree with fire durability being seperate from brute force durability b/c of their fire resistance. So do you agree with the downgrade? Also do you think we should pu at least 9-A or just 9-A?

Back