• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Song of Ice and Fire CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
That stuff about Daenerys sounds kind of weird. It is magic, but it also might go along with her randomly good luck throughout the series, if she randomly causes magic events to happen just by wanting them a lot. Blessed by the "Lord of Light", maybe.
It's just very limited magic. Also while some Red Priests have said Dany is the prince that was promised, it's more likely it's Jon since he is set up in opposing the Others presumably, if the prophecy is even real to begin with

It's just very limited magic. Also while some Red Priests have said Dany is the prince that was promised, it's more likely it's Jon since he is set up in opposing the Others presumably, if the prophecy is even real to begin with
True. The show implied it's Arya, but we saw the direction the show went at the end. If we go by George's outlook, which is very cynical about both war and religion (the only peaceful religion in Westeros is the trees in the North), it's likely the prophecy itself is somehow messed up, like Daenerys being the prince, and fulfilling the lord of light's goals by lighting so many people on fire. Or even that Cersei was the prince, fulfilling the lord of light's goal by blowing up the sceptre.

I vote that we officially recognise that Season 8 sucked and that Breaking Bad is a better show than Game of Thrones since it didn't turn to excrement at the end.

Well, I suppose it worked, smartass.
I'll evaluate the OP in a little bit.
Sorry about that. I know it wasn't professional.

In regards to the revision, it's mainly the lifting strength which seems pretty solid, random magic for Daenerys which seems cut and dry, and the possibility of soul manipulation for Valyrians, which I'm not so sure on.

Sorry about that. I know it wasn't professional.
No worries, you're good. And it's not like you said anything that wasn't true :p
In regards to the revision, it's mainly the lifting strength which seems pretty solid, random magic for Daenerys which seems cut and dry, and the possibility of soul manipulation for Valyrians, which I'm not so sure on.
Appreciate the summary, thanks.

I propose an LS upgrade for two characters:

1) Robert Baraheon

As mentioned in his profile, Bobby can lift a big warhammer that Eddard Stark and others men cannot lift:

- A Game of Thrones, Eddard I

This was confirmed by George R.R. Martin:

"Yes, it is a big hammer. A very big hammer. Going to be heavy as well. I insisted on that. After all, it says right in the book that Robert's warhammer was so huge and heavy that only someone with his own freakish strength could wield it. So I kept telling them, "bigger, bigger."

"His chosen weapon was a war hammer of such immense size his friend Ned Stark could not wield it."

Robert can not only lift this warhammer, but fight with it, and with one hand, as this passage implies:

- A Game of Thrones, Eddard VII

Robert fights with a shield, so one hand for the shield and one hand for the warhammer.
I think Robert should have an Class 1 LS ( or Superhuman), because he can easily lift and move with one hand an object that athletes cannot lift.
This is definitely good to go.
2) Victarion Greyjoy

Victarion said he's as strong as Cragorn, who can twist a man's head off his shoulders with his bare hands. So, Victarion should be Class 5 according to this statement.
This is also fine.
The last one (I don't know at all if it will be accepted but I try anyway)

Possibly Soul or Life-Sealing for the Valyrians:

- The World of Ice and Fire: Beyond the Sunset Kingdom, The Free Cities, Qohor

According to Maester Pol, human sacrifice is necessary to reforge Valyrian steel.
George R.R. Martin is a huge fan of Michael Moorcock's books on Elric of Melniboné, and Elric and the Melnibonians are likely George's first inspiration for the Valyrians, as they are very similar (and there are other references to the Elric of Melniboné saga in the books)

Elric of Melniboné has a black sword (Valyrian steel is also black) called "Stormbringer", a sword that drinks the souls of its victims
George R.R. Martin is also known to be a huge fan of Tolkien's Legendarium, and in this lore there was also a black sword named Gurthang (a sword of Túrin) which drank the blood of its victims

Ironborn chronicles and legends also mention weapons strangely similar to Valyrian steel, steel that drinks the souls of those they slew:

- The World of Ice and Fire: The Seven Kingdoms, The Iron Islands
DISCLAIMER: This description of ironborn is probably not literal, but the idea is still here (and this is also another Stormbringer reference, most likely), I just use this passage to prove that George R.R. Martin does know this ability, to support the previous arguments.

So I think there's a possibility that the Valyrians used the soul or life of the sacrificed to forge Valyrian steel, sealing it into the steel.
I don't know about this one, tbh. It's a compelling theory, for sure, but I don't know that there's enough conclusive evidence here to put this on the profiles, even as a possibility. I think it might be best to wait for further confirmation of this from Martin, or the future installments.
Yeah, this is fine.

@LordTracer hey mate, would you mind evaluating this thread? It's been in limbo for a while now.

Let's be real: the books of Song of Ice and Fire are never going to be finished. Not only is Martin focusing on helping the studios with shows instead, he's repeatedly promised more books by due dates and then when people expressed frustration he called them every name in the book (the dictionary, not his non-existent books) . Those books are never going to come out.

Robert fights with a shield, so one hand for the shield and one hand for the warhammer.
I think Robert should have an Class 1 LS ( or Superhuman), because he can easily lift and move with one hand an object that athletes cannot lift.
Superhuman would be fine.
Victarion said he's as strong as Cragorn, who can twist a man's head off his shoulders with his bare hands. So, Victarion should be Class 5 according to this statement.
This works.
Possibly Soul or Life-Sealing for the Valyrians:
Eh… I’m not too sure on this one, the evidence isn‘t quite conclusive enough for my liking.
This is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back